This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Do you think Gamestop's opened/unsealed games are USED or BRAND NEW?

#151este914Posted 1/4/2013 12:18:28 PM
jubjub360 posted...
este914 posted...
Yep. And at that point (before it even) I no longer view the product as 'new.'

So then don't buy it. As many users have said on this board, speak with your wallet. If you don't like it unwrapped, don't buy it and go somewhere else.

True. Yea I agreed already:

este914 posted...
Well, you are right about that. Each consumer is responsible for their own purchases. If you mis-buy or screw up in some way its no one's fault but your own.

SHOP AT YOUR OWN RISK

---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only!
#152agrissaPosted 1/4/2013 12:20:13 PM(edited)
Why are ppl still taking jubsy seriously anymore? He completely ignores facts and any argument that goes against his defense of Gamestop, while calling other ppl wrong without being able to come up with a solid comeback....horribad troll.

Facts win. Opened= used in the retail industry. Get over it. There are no exceptions. You are arguing that Gamestop should somehow get a free pass, IN SPITE of the fact that we know for a FACT that for some store the disks are taken out and used. You can argue that it's no big deal, but it doesn't change the FACT that by doing so they are selling as new, a software that is considered by EVERYONE in the industry, including themselves, a used game.

/topic
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
#153jubjub360Posted 1/4/2013 12:19:58 PM(edited)
este914 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
este914 posted...
Yep. And at that point (before it even) I no longer view the product as 'new.'

So then don't buy it. As many users have said on this board, speak with your wallet. If you don't like it unwrapped, don't buy it and go somewhere else.

True. Yea I agreed already:

este914 posted...
Well, you are right about that. Each consumer is responsible for their own purchases. If you mis-buy or screw up in some way its no one's fault but your own.

SHOP AT YOUR OWN RISK

Didn't see that. That's actually a good idea to live by when buying games. Shop at your own risk. That is kind of like used car sales. The saying not the argument.
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#154este914Posted 1/4/2013 12:20:08 PM
Yea I agree, it doesnt matter WHERE you got it from, if the product is still in BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED UNUSED condition it is still "brand new" - regardless of how many people have handled it or however long amount of time has passed
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only!
#155PigfartsPosted 1/4/2013 12:23:19 PM
este914 posted...
Yea I agree, it doesnt matter WHERE you got it from, if the product is still in BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED UNUSED condition it is still "brand new" - regardless of how many people have handled it or however long amount of time has passed

yes agreed, and jub here is argueing that if they take the plastic off its still new. He's also thinks its gamestop policy to open all wrapped games after a certain period if they didn't sell, and stil consider them new.

You should go back and read some of the stuff he wrote. its EPIC.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#156SpacePirateSealPosted 1/4/2013 12:24:27 PM
killak posted...
ok, i'm kindly requesting that this board stop using the word 'shady'.

Comes up far too often, and relates to things that we as consumers, do to each other anyway.

Luckily for me Amazon and Newegg aren't as shady as Gamestop.
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410
#157jubjub360Posted 1/4/2013 12:25:12 PM
Pigfarts posted...
este914 posted...

yes agreed, and jub here is argueing that if they take the plastic off its still new. He's also thinks its gamestop policy to open all wrapped games after a certain period if they didn't sell, and stil consider them new.

Weird because I'm not paying for the plastic wrap. I'm paying for the case manual and game.

Lol at not presenting a valid argument pig.
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#158agrissaPosted 1/4/2013 12:25:57 PM
Pigfarts posted...
este914 posted...

LOL you know one time I made jubsy admit that he has trouble with reading comprehension and trouble differentiating definitions of simple English words. Now THAT was epic.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
#159agrissaPosted 1/4/2013 12:28:37 PM
jubjub360 posted...
Weird because I'm not paying for the plastic wrap. I'm paying for the case manual and game.

Still doens't change the FACT that opened games are considered used by the retail industry. YOU don't consider it used, and you speak for yourself only. You don't even speak for Gamestop, the company you're defending, since they also consider opened games to be used.

Are gonna recognize this FACT or are you just gonna keep on trolling and making a fool out yourself?
---
#160este914Posted 1/4/2013 12:28:54 PM
k I'm done here, good day gentlemen
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only!