This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Do you think Gamestop's opened/unsealed games are USED or BRAND NEW?

#171Crimson681Posted 1/4/2013 2:15:05 PM
I refuse to pay "new" price for an unsealed game. One time they tried to sell me a "new" game that didn't even have the case or the manual with it after one of their staff made a mistake of giving away the display case + manual for the "new" game to someone who bought a used copy.
#172ElemantalPosted 1/4/2013 2:19:34 PM
Like I said in my previous post. (I hope some of you took the time to read it.)

The only guarantee we have that a game is new is the unopened wrapping. If the wrapping is open in any way that the content of the box is accessible, it SHOULD be considered used.
#173Mr_Big_BossPosted 1/4/2013 2:19:52 PM
if it's open it's used.

---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#174theshovellerPosted 1/4/2013 2:22:21 PM
OMGWYATT posted...
The last time I went to gamestop, they didn't even give me the option of buying a new game. I just assumed it would be new, and I didn't notice until I'd already bought it. I didn't particularly mind, since I was buying an older game anyways, but it's the principle. I hope Sony does implement the Console ID and put these scumbags out of business.

I think that's a horrible idea for reasons I won't go into in this thread, but I'd say check out any of the other threads about it and see what some of the issues are regarding it. Basically, in short, it won't just hurt Gamestop - it'll hurt anyone who wants to sell their old games, anyone who wants to buy hard-to-find games they didn't preorder, or just anyone who wants to replace a console after theirs broke.
#175AlltraPosted 1/4/2013 2:25:38 PM
I think, that as long as they don't alter the condition of the disc, the case, and the inserts, I'd still consider it new. Just because it's unsealed doesn't necessarily mean the condition of the contents was altered.

Of course, I'd prefer not to take that chance, if I can avoid it.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#176agrissaPosted 1/4/2013 2:27:07 PM
Glad to see most of you here do have common sense. It's just a vocal minority that likes to defend Gamestop for whatever reason. I can never figure out why corporate sheep behave the way the do....
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
#177temgunPosted 1/4/2013 2:34:22 PM
I have never understood why people would buy a NEW game that is not sealed. Someone enlighten me.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#178aPimp_named_leEPosted 1/4/2013 2:37:27 PM
agrissa posted...
Glad to see most of you here do have common sense. It's just a vocal minority that likes to defend Gamestop for whatever reason. I can never figure out why corporate sheep behave the way the do....

wow, you don't come off as condescending or anything. you know you attract more bees with honey my friend.
---
~I will floss my teeth with your soul~
#179justchill433Posted 1/4/2013 2:44:33 PM
theshoveller posted...
Shin_Gallon posted...
It was used as a wall-display, it's used.

And it's why I think they should go back to "new" and "pre-owned." Pre-owned implies previous owner, and in no way can an opened copy, opened by the store, have a "previous owner."

Now, that said, if I bought a new game that they put those little sticker-things on it, and I found the manual wasn't in there or was damaged or something, I'd take it to the store and ask them if there was anything they could do. I mean, I know accidents happen, so if they knock a buck or two off the price, then I'm cool with a crease on the front page or something.

Except many Gamestop stores allow their employees to rent out these "New" games.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#180agrissaPosted 1/4/2013 2:45:08 PM
aPimp_named_leE posted...
agrissa posted...

wow, you don't come off as condescending or anything. you know you attract more bees with honey my friend.

It doesn't matter what I say. Trolls are gonna troll and sheep are gonna be sheep. The only thing I can do is to call them out, prove them wrong with facts, and embarrass them.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.