This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Do you think Gamestop's opened/unsealed games are USED or BRAND NEW?

#181Jordan3690Posted 1/4/2013 1:59:00 PM
The reason I buy "new" copies that have been opened is to support the developers. As long as it sells as new Gamestop doesn't get all the money from the sale right? I just recently bought 2 older games that were only $20 each "new" and I went in expecting them to be opened and they were. If they had been damaged in any way I wouldn't have bought them though.
#182paperwariorPosted 1/4/2013 2:01:34 PM
If you buy a used game in "excellent" condition, with original case and manual and no damage to the disc, and a new copy doesn't come with any one-use codes, then you're getting something that's as good as new anyway.
---
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#183secondhand1Posted 1/4/2013 3:12:40 PM
agrissa posted...
jubjub360 posted...

Last post by the way since, like I said before, you need to learn to debate.

Says the guy who is by far the worst debater I've seen on these boards. That's saying a lot.

agrissa posted...
Facts win. Opened= used in the retail industry. Get over it. There are no exceptions.

Learn to debate, indeed.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#184secondhand1Posted 1/4/2013 3:16:24 PM
agrissa posted...
It doesn't matter what I say. Trolls are gonna troll and sheep are gonna be sheep. The only thing I can do is to call them out, prove them wrong with facts, and embarrass them.

You mean like the fact - that apparently the entire retail industry abides by - that opened = used?

You're the worst kind of troll, man. Your opinion is law and everyone else is wrong for offering even the slightest dissenting opinion.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#185PhoenixPrincePosted 1/4/2013 3:18:31 PM
New. I understand why they do it, I definitely don't agree with how they do it, but I understand the why. My opinion is that they should put out only the display copies on the shelves. Keep those behind the counter. Then all the used games stay behind the counter, of course. The latest games to come out that people would preorder stay behind the counter sealed. Then the rest of the new games get sealed in the backroom.

I do feel sorry for the employees that get all the flak for it too, I've seen some of the stories on here. I work retail. It's not the employee's fault the company has a poorly designed policy, blame bureaucracy for that. I was so irritated when I learned that they were told to throw away the cases for used DS games to save space on the shelf. But it's not the guy at the store's fault. It's the corporate big wig's fault.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
#186agrissaPosted 1/4/2013 3:23:06 PM
secondhand1 posted...
agrissa posted...
It doesn't matter what I say. Trolls are gonna troll and sheep are gonna be sheep. The only thing I can do is to call them out, prove them wrong with facts, and embarrass them.

You mean like the fact - that apparently the entire retail industry abides by - that opened = used?

You're the worst kind of troll, man. Your opinion is law and everyone else is wrong for offering even the slightest dissenting opinion.

Huh? What are you on about? I called out a troll and instead of thanking me you call me a troll instead? Okay.....

The facts are the facts are the facts. You can look them up yourself. Go ahead and find me a retailer that doesn't consider an open software as used. I'm gonna go sell all my used software to them at full price. Go on. I'll give you all the time you need. Or how about you go ahead and sell an opened copy of software as brand new on ebay and show me you got away with it?

Why are you guys denying facts? You can say that what Gamestop's doing is no big deal, but it still doesn't change the fact that opened=used, when it comes to buying and selling software.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
#187JenniferTatePosted 1/4/2013 6:45:41 PM
The other night they counted them as new. I returned two used games I bought at $15 each because I found them both new at Wal Mart for $15 total.

The clerk returned them at $30 a piece. I just put it on Last of Us and whistled on my way out.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#188DemonicDracoPosted 1/4/2013 7:53:00 PM
no option for "don't care"
---
Beauty is the only truth in this world.
#189jubjub360Posted 1/4/2013 7:54:22 PM
secondhand1 posted...
agrissa posted...
jubjub360 posted...

Last post by the way since, like I said before, you need to learn to debate.

Says the guy who is by far the worst debater I've seen on these boards. That's saying a lot.

agrissa posted...
Facts win. Opened= used in the retail industry. Get over it. There are no exceptions.

Learn to debate, indeed.

Loled... thanks secondhand. I needed a good laugh. Agrissa is a known troll so I don't even bother with him.
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#190BloodyBoogerPosted 1/4/2013 9:01:31 PM
i just buy my games from amazon, where new means new. the games aren't opened and touched by employees.
---
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson