This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Do you think Gamestop's opened/unsealed games are USED or BRAND NEW?

#191agrissaPosted 1/4/2013 10:17:03 PM
jubjub360 posted...
Agrissa is a known troll

I'm the anti-troll. The only ppl I troll, and the only ppl who see me as a troll, are trolls themselves. See my sig for details.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
#192king_maddenPosted 1/5/2013 12:18:13 AM
outside of gamefaqs, who wouldve known that there were so many people who cared about shrink wrap in the world.
#193Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 11:02:31 AM
bob15x posted...
Ask a gamestop employee this question.

If you buy a new game, open it right in front of them and then go to return it, would they return it as new, or tell you it is used.

I guarantee they would say its open therefore used. If that is their rule, they should be selling any game they open for display as used.

You're actually right
#194king_maddenPosted 1/5/2013 11:46:45 AM
Jx1010 posted...
bob15x posted...
Ask a gamestop employee this question.

If you buy a new game, open it right in front of them and then go to return it, would they return it as new, or tell you it is used.

I guarantee they would say its open therefore used. If that is their rule, they should be selling any game they open for display as used.

You're actually right

gamestop cant accept games that you opened as still used to protect themselves, and the consumer.

I mean if they did and people were buying games taking the online code then bringing them back, then you would be pissed at gamestop for still having it. most stores people compare them to stores who have a big space for games, or have a big warehouse.

as a consumer, there is no good reason for you to leave a store open a game, and then bring it back. There is no logical reason for you to buy a game, open it in front of them and then try to return it, unless you were just being a jerk.

I mean I know the opened and new game amount is exaggerated on this board, because it is usually a very old game, or a game that they only have 1 left. (any gamestop ive gone to only has 1 new case on the shelf the rest of the new are always kept in shrink wrap in a drawer or cabinet, and ive probably been to over 20 gamestops in at least 5 different states. Im a lucky one i guess.
#195killakPosted 1/6/2013 2:30:54 AM
Pigfarts wished a car would hit me, all because I understand how businesses work, and I gave the completely valid comparison of trying to return a brand new car that you've never sat in, to the dealer.

Business don't take new as a new product, from customers unless there is a clear return policy for new items. When a retailer sells a product, it's considered second hand, the second it has been used. Gamestop are the business that bought the games, new, own the product in question, and remove at least one copy of each game, from the case, for display purposes.

now since they're not a customer, per se, it's never left the store and is still a new product.

you people make excuses for cars and clothes etc, but for some reason (baffingly) you accept something that could've been worn by 50 people prior to you, as new, but not a non wrapped game.

Now as to you wishing i'd be hit by a car, boy....... I know you can only say things because you're on the internet, so you're forgiven for being incredibly ignorant, hypocritical and all around gutless to boot.

Enjoy your day
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
#196king_maddenPosted 1/6/2013 8:15:55 PM
killak posted...
Pigfarts wished a car would hit me, all because I understand how businesses work, and I gave the completely valid comparison of trying to return a brand new car that you've never sat in, to the dealer.

Business don't take new as a new product, from customers unless there is a clear return policy for new items. When a retailer sells a product, it's considered second hand, the second it has been used. Gamestop are the business that bought the games, new, own the product in question, and remove at least one copy of each game, from the case, for display purposes.

now since they're not a customer, per se, it's never left the store and is still a new product.

you people make excuses for cars and clothes etc, but for some reason (baffingly) you accept something that could've been worn by 50 people prior to you, as new, but not a non wrapped game.

Now as to you wishing i'd be hit by a car, boy....... I know you can only say things because you're on the internet, so you're forgiven for being incredibly ignorant, hypocritical and all around gutless to boot.

Enjoy your day

finally someone gets it.
#197Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 10:28:47 PM
killak posted...

Enjoy your day

o God... ur post just made me lose hope for humanity...
#198LeadPipeCinchePosted 1/6/2013 10:57:15 PM
voted USED.

simple fact being that all they do is take it out the case, put it in a slip sheet and then stick it in the drawer with all the other games. so while you may have just bought a brand new gutted box they very well could be handing you a used version of said game instead of the copy that actually went to that box.
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#199agrissaPosted 1/6/2013 11:21:30 PM(edited)
Jx1010 posted...
killak posted...

Enjoy your day

This. Basically he's saying opened by Gamestop= still new, while opened by customers=used. What's up with the double standards? This is in spite of the fact that sometimes Gamestop allows their employees to take these games home and USE them. This is in spite of the fact that Gamestop themselves considers opened products to be used. Wow way to be the ultimate corporate sheep. Pathetic.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
Number of fans: 6
#200killakPosted 1/7/2013 12:27:01 AM

There was a lot in that post, care to clarify your point?

Note to all future posters who may read this: Quit with the vague responses, if you think you have a valid rebuttal, then do it, if you can..
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo