This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Do you think Gamestop's opened/unsealed games are USED or BRAND NEW?

#21killakPosted 1/4/2013 6:59:04 AM
The shrink wrap is part of the original condition isn't it? "Represents that goods are original or new if they are deteriorated,

not necessarily. I would think the altered condition would refer to something more like cutting the box in half, and selling it as new. The new game, is what is inside the wrap. As long as the case isn't physically altered, or it's contents, it's not altered from it's original condition.
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#22GensokyoPosted 1/4/2013 7:01:24 AM
Well, it's not necessarily used, but I wouldn't call it brand new.
#23x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 1/4/2013 7:02:05 AM
killak posted...
The shrink wrap is part of the original condition isn't it? "Represents that goods are original or new if they are deteriorated,

not necessarily. I would think the altered condition would refer to something more like cutting the box in half, and selling it as new. The new game, is what is inside the wrap. As long as the case isn't physically altered, or it's contents, it's not altered from it's original condition.

But... but... those kids who touched the boxes with their sticky hands! Dang shelf copies. :D
#24killakPosted 1/4/2013 7:02:47 AM
But... but... those kids who touched the boxes with their sticky hands! Dang shelf copies. :D

ROFL.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........
#25este914Posted 1/4/2013 7:04:46 AM
I've seen some .... erm *dirty*(?) clerks at Gamestop mishandle some games before ... and try to sell them to me as *new* condition ... I dont much appreciate that.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only!
#26HorrorSindicatePosted 1/4/2013 7:08:08 AM
Likely the reason they don't say sealed (in that consumer blurb) is because in some regions Disc Media isn't Sealed. German DVDs for instance are not shrink wrapped (at least not the ones distributed by Dragon/Raptor)
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#27Joehop007Posted 1/4/2013 7:08:12 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
killak posted...

Hey, the law has spoken.
---
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle
#28x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 1/4/2013 7:09:07 AM
Joehop007 posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
killak posted...

Hey, the law has spoken.

I am a cop and you shall respect my authoritah!
#29bob15xPosted 1/4/2013 7:23:54 AM
Ask a gamestop employee this question.

If you buy a new game, open it right in front of them and then go to return it, would they return it as new, or tell you it is used.

I guarantee they would say its open therefore used. If that is their rule, they should be selling any game they open for display as used.
#30SmoshCuchPosted 1/4/2013 7:25:59 AM
If you go to GS with a sealed game with no receipt, they won't accept a trade-in of a new game. If you open the wrap in front of them, they will accept the game, but will give you the used price only.

So according to GS' practices, unwrapped = used when buying from you, but unwrapped = new when selling to you. That's some BS.