This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the best way to meet girl gamers?

#51knuxnolePosted 1/4/2013 5:22:16 PM
toastedmuffin89 posted...
knuxnole posted...
Also, I'm assuming OP has to be a girl.

Cause if you're a guy, this will NEVER work. Unless you plan on dating a girl gamer, looking for a girl gamer for "friends" purposes will lead to failure

ill date them as well. I was just being more practical about it. Most people couldn't be in a long distance relationship.

It's not like I'm trying to meet a girl online and date them when their 10 plus states away.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to flirt though.

I guess the answer is obvious now. Else every guy would want the same thing.

You can try regular gaming conventions/meetup groups in person to find girls to be friends. You have to resort to RL. If they KNOW you are a guy, it'll be impossible.
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#52GunzleaderPosted 1/4/2013 5:25:41 PM
lol get over your self.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#53toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 5:26:40 PM
Gunzleader posted...
lol get over your self.

K I'm over it.
#54FormerlySOSPosted 1/4/2013 5:27:52 PM
Just play the games. I've stopped counting how many female gamers I've come across over the years in nearly every type of game I play, but I only have 11 on my list. That's because they're gamers, not 'girl gamers'. They play the games, can hold an intelligent conversation, do their best -the ones in my clan are monsters at FPS' without zombies- and just want to enjoy what they're doing for a few hours without some tool constantly hitting on them, belittling them for playing the game in the first place or telling them to make sandwiches, not constantly yammering about being a 'girl gamer', enjoying the attention for being boobs with a mic, or just generally sucking not for lack of skill but because they don't care about the game, just the spotlight.

Most hide behind neutral names with no mic because they don't want all that attention the posers seek so thirstily. You legitimately want to meet girl gamers to friend and joke with? Stop looking for them. If you come across one, treat her like you would any other gamer and be respectable instead of treating her like a girl that plays video games who totally loves the way you constantly talk about how hot her voice is. Be patient and conversate like a civilized person instead of a hormonal teen male in heat. It's appreciated way more and that way the won't be skeptical of your friend request or ignore it entirely.

Gender of your fellow players shouldn't matter anyway, I think.
---
FreeDelGado, SMA Clan Leader
New Age Old-School Elitist Gamer
#55GunzleaderPosted 1/4/2013 5:31:56 PM
try mmo if you really wanna meet girls ive met so many everquest female players.
none of em were single i knew there bfs/hubbys.
i met them because of there bfs and hubbys.
mmo's is the way to go. ive met a few single girls but they had jobs and hardly played. i knew full time nurse from canada was on about 3 times a month.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#56toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 5:38:34 PM
FormerlySOS posted...
Just play the games. I've stopped counting how many female gamers I've come across over the years in nearly every type of game I play, but I only have 11 on my list. That's because they're gamers, not 'girl gamers'. They play the games, can hold an intelligent conversation, do their best -the ones in my clan are monsters at FPS' without zombies- and just want to enjoy what they're doing for a few hours without some tool constantly hitting on them, belittling them for playing the game in the first place or telling them to make sandwiches, not constantly yammering about being a 'girl gamer', enjoying the attention for being boobs with a mic, or just generally sucking not for lack of skill but because they don't care about the game, just the spotlight.

Most hide behind neutral names with no mic because they don't want all that attention the posers seek so thirstily. You legitimately want to meet girl gamers to friend and joke with? Stop looking for them. If you come across one, treat her like you would any other gamer and be respectable instead of treating her like a girl that plays video games who totally loves the way you constantly talk about how hot her voice is. Be patient and conversate like a civilized person instead of a hormonal teen male in heat. It's appreciated way more and that way the won't be skeptical of your friend request or ignore it entirely.

Gender of your fellow players shouldn't matter anyway, I think.

You seem to be missing the point. I'm not just looking for girl gamers for the sake of nothing. I'm looking to be platonic friends with them so I don't have to hear them rage in online games games and crack sexual jokes all night. Not to mention it be nice to have friends who have the same interests as you do. With males that isn't a problem to find. Every guy I ever meant had similar interests else we probably wouldn't be friends.

It's not like I have no friends who are girls that play video games. It's just a preference of who I like and enjoy playing with.

As I said I know many people IRL like that. My x is a perfect example she prefers to be friends with males in general. Why I have no clue she probably doesn't get along as good with people of the same sex.
#57YoshiMan123Posted 1/4/2013 5:45:52 PM
mrsteveo29 posted...
lninjasonicl posted...
IDk, probably because out of that "40%" 20% are exclusively playing WOW

I should start playing WOW again then. I played up till lynch king. I almost got this chick to have an affair and she was married to someone in the military. So naughty.

you sound like a douche

This.
---
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone."
PSN: YoshiMan123 - Survivor of the ApocalyPS3 and CollaPS3
#58nouseravailablePosted 1/4/2013 5:47:54 PM
I'm looking to be platonic friends with them so I don't have to hear them rage in online games games and crack sexual jokes all night.

You can always play a different game, it will probably demand less effort.
---
"I dont have a daughter. But I cant let that stop me from sorting out her musical training." -why the lucky stiff
#59blankempathyPosted 1/4/2013 5:47:55 PM
Silver_Fenyx posted...
mrsteveo29 posted...
lninjasonicl posted...
IDk, probably because out of that "40%" 20% are exclusively playing WOW

I should start playing WOW again then. I played up till lynch king. I almost got this chick to have an affair and she was married to someone in the military. So naughty.

you sound like a douche

Hey she was the one in her late twenties at the time. I was only like 18-19.

Not to mention I'm the single one. Had something happened she would be in the wrong more so as she was married. Not to mention our age difference. She was probably like 27 or so at the time I was like 18.

Wrong is wrong, and no amount of justification can change that.

Agreed, you broke the bro/man code.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#60RavenWolfenPosted 1/4/2013 6:41:41 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I think a lot of real girl gamers--that legitimately enjoy playing games and aren't doing so to be attention-seekers, or whatever--pretend to be males online, or allow people to assume they are males. There's so much sexism/harrassment or she's-a-girl-so-I'll-go-easier-on-her syndrome that they just keep their gender on the down-low so as to get a fair gaming experience.

--I know that didn't really answer your question, but I thought it should be an FYI you might want to keep in the back of your mind.