This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Girl friend making me sell my ps3. Suggestion on games

#51boring_namePosted 1/4/2013 8:45:56 PM
howdyneighbor25 posted...
The one I was tellin y'all about a couple weeks back (the OKC girl) She used to be a gamer but she said our new years resolution will to be stop. I'm kinda bummed about it but I love her so u know gotta please the lady haha :^) anyways I managed to get her to give me a few more weeks to play games, any gems I should play before on ps3. I've played some of the greats like the call of duty series and the assassin creeds

Relationships aren't about one person telling another what to do. If you really enjoy gaming you should tell her that if she wants to give it up then that's great and you'll support all the way, but tell her how much the hobby means to you and talk to her about it.

Of course this is a reasonable, sincere, non-misogynistic response on the internet so it's not going far.
#52datopgamerPosted 1/4/2013 8:48:03 PM
I could understand her saying to cut back on gaming, but to ask you to quit something you love doing is pretty selfish. I understand the idea that you want to please her because you love her, but you shouldn't let someone change who you are. She knew the type of person you were when the relationship started and should support anything that you like to do.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.2ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, ASUS 24" monitor, 2x 23" Acer Monitors
#53Ron_Burgandy_Posted 1/4/2013 8:48:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#54codman4Posted 1/4/2013 8:49:25 PM
Unless you're spending your time doing something better, then you shouldn't have someone "make you" give up playing games.

If you end up selling your ps3 just to sit around and watch tv, you're not improving your life significantly.

If you're giving up games to focus on a career or family, then that's different.

I say, if you truly love her, then sever ties with gaming. If you see that you haven't replaced those hours of your life with something worthwhile, then buy a new game system if you still have the urge to play.
#55somebody336Posted 1/4/2013 8:54:43 PM
touyamizrahi posted...
kkTheKiller42 posted...
TC vanished...

no, she made him give up his gamefaqs days too lol.

XD
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
#56Alamyst_Posted 1/4/2013 9:03:59 PM
I've been with my wife for 8 years. She never once hinted that she minds my gaming and if she ever tried to force me to sell my games I would sell her.

Plan and simple a woman who wants to change you does not love you.
---
psn Alamyst
#57LeadPipeCinchePosted 1/4/2013 9:11:18 PM(edited)
vu_comet posted...
gtaking5 posted...
Obvious answer is to stand up to that b****. Don't let a women control your life. Just tell her to f*** off and let you make your own decisions.

Yeah, because that always works.

it does if you have balls and dont care what others think (including the love of your life).

i say TC needs to grow a pair.
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#58shadowstrike600Posted 1/4/2013 9:13:55 PM
TC grow a pair man don't let her change you if you want to have games as a hobby have it as hobby.
---
PSN:shadowstrike59
#59FRo3tBLo0dPosted 1/4/2013 9:14:37 PM
justchill433 posted...
And soon comes the "ditch her" responses.

If it's something he loves to do then she shouldn't take that from him. Clearly she's not the right person.

This
#60YurisPersonaPosted 1/4/2013 9:18:48 PM
Tell her you are going to give up gaming AND give up bathing. That will teach her. She won't even be able to stay in the same room with you because of the smell and then when she leaves you can game all you want.
---
Dragon of the Darkness Flame!