This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

name a game where a short video immediately warranted a purchase

#1bigbrandon1986Posted 1/4/2013 8:38:13 PM
I'm traditionally not a big rpg fan but with all the hype on the boards about ni no kuni I decided to watch a video on youtube of the demo. About 5 minutes in I decided I was going to buy the game.

Any games warranted a purchase just as fast for anyone else?

Technically we all watch reviews and do research for the games. My topic pertains to quick and almost immediate reaction.
---
imurhero
#2OnDiscDLCPosted 1/4/2013 8:40:17 PM
FF XIII. It was horrible, so now I know not to make that stupid mistake ever again.
#3RioichiCooperPosted 1/4/2013 8:44:31 PM
Does the reveal trailer for Sly 4 count?
---
If your accuracy is over 10%, you're trying too hard.
#4Godstriker8Posted 1/4/2013 8:48:02 PM
KH2 opening.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#5Kaiser499Posted 1/4/2013 8:48:05 PM
Metal Gear Rising
---
www.twitch.tv/kaiser499
#6archizzyPosted 1/4/2013 8:49:35 PM
Been gaming over 30 years. All I need is a few minutes of gameplay to know with 100% accuracy if I will enjoy a game or not.

I have been like this for years. I know what I enjoy and what I don't.

I find it odd other gamers need scores, multiple opinions, in depth reviews of other gamers opinions. It's like they don't know their own tastes.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#7fvzzPosted 1/4/2013 8:51:00 PM
max anarchy/anarchy reigns

and far cry 3. i had never played nor seen previous far cry games' footage.
#8fvzzPosted 1/4/2013 8:53:02 PM
archizzy posted...
Been gaming over 30 years. All I need is a few minutes of gameplay to know with 100% accuracy if I will enjoy a game or not.

I find it odd other gamers need scores, multiple opinions, in depth reviews of other gamers opinions. It's like they don't know their own tastes.

i see your point, but i still extensively research handheld games, regardless of genre.

although it may be because i have less experience with handhelds/handheld games.
#9jammiesPosted 1/4/2013 8:54:19 PM
archizzy posted...

---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#10ps3_gamer_norgePosted 1/4/2013 8:54:41 PM
Just Cause 2