This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

name a game where a short video immediately warranted a purchase

#11Neowulf13Posted 1/4/2013 8:54:48 PM
Dishonored
---
^_^
#12bretnsidPosted 1/4/2013 8:57:29 PM
I remember the first time I saw Prototype in action a couple years before it was released, I knew I'd really like it. I personally thought the gameplay was great, even if the story was lacking until the end.
---
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots! (4/15/06)
Damn the Patriots! Sneak Out 6.12.08 - SNAAAAKE!
#13GoatJugSoupPosted 1/4/2013 9:48:42 PM
Onimusha 3, the opening. Even though I knew that wasn't any sort of indication of the gameplay it was just so awesome I thought I have to give this game a try. Even though it isn't the sort of game I usually play I didn't regret getting it.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#14DarkivePosted 1/4/2013 9:53:43 PM
watch the opening cinematic for Homefront then play through the game... talk about a let down haha
---
Silent Hill's Darkest
#15dsagent7Posted 1/4/2013 10:21:44 PM
Prototype and Godhand

The latter was one of the best purchases ever.
---
This is not a signature
#16RampantBlattPosted 1/4/2013 10:23:06 PM
dsagent7 posted...
Prototype and Godhand

The latter was one of the best purchases ever.

HELL. YES.

Godhand was the king of beat'em ups. We need a new one now.
#17EchidneysPosted 1/4/2013 11:19:05 PM
archizzy posted...
Been gaming over 30 years. All I need is a few minutes of gameplay to know with 100% accuracy if I will enjoy a game or not.

I have been like this for years. I know what I enjoy and what I don't.

I find it odd other gamers need scores, multiple opinions, in depth reviews of other gamers opinions. It's like they don't know their own tastes.

Heh, well said. The reviews and word-of-mouth give me insight to games I can't always get my hands on, though. Through those, I can better determine if it's worth the time to acquire and try said game.
---
PSN: Echidneys | 3DS: 4468 1242 8413
"It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it."
#18i am pogo the monkeyPosted 1/4/2013 11:30:06 PM
GTA V. Though to be fair, I didn't need to see a video to know it would warrant a purchase.
---
Anaheim Ducks
Angels
#19flagg2kplusPosted 1/4/2013 11:33:36 PM
OnDiscDLC posted...
FF XIII. It was horrible, so now I know not to make that stupid mistake ever again.

lol nice.

The name Final Fantasy alone used to be enough for an instant buy.

After XIII, XIII-2 and XIV, never again.
---
Making guns illegal will end gun violence right? They should make murder illegal too. No more murder. They should make rape illegal! No more rape! Drugs too...
#20agrissaPosted 1/4/2013 11:39:55 PM
archizzy posted...
Been gaming over 30 years. All I need is a few minutes of gameplay to know with 100% accuracy if I will enjoy a game or not.

I have been like this for years. I know what I enjoy and what I don't.

I find it odd other gamers need scores, multiple opinions, in depth reviews of other gamers opinions. It's like they don't know their own tastes.

This. It's funny ppl like to pull the "you don't know how the game is unless you've tried it" card. I do know how the game is just from a few minutes of gameplay. Playing it always confirmed my suspicions. Think about it, do you need to watch any Michael Bay movie to know how exactly they are like?
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
Number of fans: 6