This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good JRPG from this generation?

#1fallingpowersPosted 1/4/2013 9:26:04 PM
Looking for a good JRPG on PS3. Willing to play anything with a good story and hopefully good English voice acting (though I can deal with crappy voice acting too)

My preference for the type of RPG is ARPG=SRPG>Turn based, though I'll play anything.

Cross Edge looks kinda cool, and so does Disgaea. Another other suggestions/would you not recommend those games?
#2DemiFistPosted 1/4/2013 9:28:53 PM
Resonance of Fate
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#3THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 1/4/2013 9:29:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4JuanZoloPosted 1/4/2013 9:31:09 PM
The PS3 is pretty slim on good JRPG's. I guess Tales of graces is alright.

If you want good JRPG's, your'e going to have to get a wii.
XenoBlade
The Last Story

Both of these games absolutely slaughter any JRPG's on PS3 or 360. JRPG used to be my favorite genre. These games remind me why.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#5DemiFistPosted 1/4/2013 9:32:53 PM
JuanZolo posted...
The PS3 is pretty slim on good JRPG's. I guess Tales of graces is alright.

If you want good JRPG's, your'e going to have to get a wii.
XenoBlade
The Last Story

Both of these games absolutely slaughter any JRPG's on PS3 or 360. JRPG used to be my favorite genre. These games remind me why.

Last Story doesn't slaughter anything... Lost Odyssey was far superior.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#6fallingpowers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 9:34:30 PM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
Obligatory "Sorry, there are none" response.
I won't hold that against you, I've heard it a lot. If I knew more about JRPGs on the PS3 I probably would have said the same thing

Juan: I keep forgetting I have Xenoblade. Fun game, I just haven't gotten into it. Maybe because it feels tedious with all the collectibles, and I can't really figure out where the characters in the side quests are.
#7zUkUuPosted 1/4/2013 9:37:55 PM
NieR is certainly not your typical JRPG experience, but it's the best story you've played in maybe your entire life, with deep characters and moving moments and not clichéd at all. It's a masterpiece and by some (including me) considered the best game of this generation. For me, even including the past one. And it's also one of the only games were the english voice actors are actually better then the japanese ones. (in particular for Kainé and Weiss). It also sports the best OST ever put into a video game. it's an A-RPG, so it should be to your liking, even tho the gameplay is arguably the weakest part of the game. still enjoyable but nothing special.
#8jammiesPosted 1/4/2013 9:40:24 PM
Dragon's Dogma
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#9Neonwarrior1243Posted 1/4/2013 9:47:22 PM
I heard Cross Edge isn't good but I haven't played it and have seen people say they enjoy it which is all that matters and Disgaea is fun. Others are Valkryia Chronicle, Resonance of Fate, Ar Tonelico Qoga Knell(I liked it and the people I know liked it though I see people say they hate it on here), Tales of Graces f and some other ones. Also I don't really notice stories much in games since if I want a story I read a book for games I just notice if the characters are likeable, funny, and stuff like that.
#10kloud 11Posted 1/4/2013 9:48:25 PM
Demons Souls
Dark Souls