This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any PS3 gamers with kids in the 2-4 range?

#11AwayFromHerePosted 1/5/2013 12:25:55 AM
One thing that helps is working graveyard shift.

Especially as they go into school, graveyard is tremendous.

While they sleep, you're at work. While you sleep, they're at school.

Working graveyard, you will have at least 16 hours a week to your self on your nights off.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#12MadDewgPosted 1/5/2013 6:23:48 AM
Get used to getting some gaming hours in at night, like after 12:00 a.m. ish. Having some gaming headphones, like a pair of turtle beaches or something helps a lot to keep from waking kids up. (Yet at the same time don't have your **** blasting if kids sleep in a different room...don't want to be drowned out in game noise while someone could be dieing in the background or something, lol).

If you work from like 6 a.m. to 4 or 5 p.m./something like that, then you will have to just try to get in a hour or two in the afternoon while at the same time watching your kids/game while they sleep (I found that a good way to keep young kids occupied is to give them a old DS to play on...like you could give my nephew a DS with mario or something like angry birds and he will sit still and play it for hours, lol. Make sure you buy a screen protector and one of those shell/armor things for the DS so it never breaks no matter how much they try to bend the DS/drop it). It sounds hard but is doable.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#13carib2gPosted 1/5/2013 8:40:38 AM
n0matter posted...
How do you manage it? Have you almost given up gaming completely? Do you drink alcohol at all anymore? Really interested to hear from you, I have a two year old and haven't been able to really game since she was born, even though I own multiple consoles....

I have an 8-year old and a 6-month old...

The only time I can game is usually between the hours of 11pm and 2am, when my wife and kids are all sleeping.

For me, it comes down to a decision between resting (sleep) or gaming. I'd say it's split 50/50 now....but I usually only get in about 4-6 hours of gaming a week.
---
Best of 2012: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png
#14cobain948Posted 1/5/2013 12:09:03 PM
when they sleep
---
psn: cobain948
#15ThatLaoGuyPosted 1/5/2013 12:14:59 PM
Oh boy! I don't want kids anymore hahaha
---
Gamertag: That Lao Guy
#16TheMcKnightMarePosted 1/5/2013 12:20:04 PM
Ha ha I have a two year old girl as well... I have a full time job, work out an hour and forty five minutes, then the rest is family time.... If I want to get my gaming in... I stay up til everyone is asleep.... It's a daily conflict... Sleep VS Gaming..... Gaming usually wins... But I'm fine with an hour or two gaming then hitting the sack at midnight
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
#17bedmx83Posted 1/5/2013 12:21:10 PM
As others have stated already, you game when they are sleeping. I get mine in during nap times and at night. Had much more gaming time without kids, but not much I can do about that now.
---
I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.
#18Waggy431Posted 1/5/2013 12:27:37 PM
My son is 3 and loves the wii and ds, especially anything with mario. He even enjoys watching let's play on youtube. I guess the best advice is try to get kids to enjoy hobbies you like so they will want to play.
---
psn: waggy431
#19MilesACPosted 1/5/2013 12:28:03 PM
Very easy actually. I have 2 kids (3-5) and i'm able to get at least 3 hours in daily. I get off work at 2pm, and daycare ends at 6pm. Plus my wife gets off at 4pm.

When they're home? that's a whole different story, between homework, study time and netflix i don't see a TV till everyone sleep around 10pm.

As long as you set up a schedule to play you'd be fine.
---
XBL & PSN ID: MilesAC87