This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know what's sad about the media and Sony?

#1SophisticationPosted 1/4/2013 11:57:33 PM
That the only time Sony ever makes headlines or tops out Google searches is when the media pounds out something bad or suspect with them.

Instead of Ps4 being the main topic and how it could revolutionize and energize the industry we are subjected to fifty million "What Sony's Patent means for gaming" topics... It's stupid and rectum backwards.

What's even more alarming, Microsoft was the 1st company said to be looking into this means of blocking used games early last year -- Yet it came and went. It was just "some rumor". But now that Sony has a patent that was uncovered it's the end of the world... What if Microsoft has their own patent and it just hasn't come out yet? Then what happens?

I wish everyone would take a damn breather and let business unfold as usual... And really, honestly, look at reason for two seconds -- Do you see Jack Trenton up on stage saying:

"Ps4 is launching this year at a price point of 599.99 dollars and the best part... it will block out all used media! If that ain't something to get excited about, I don't know what is."

C'mon... None of that will happen.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#2AwayFromHerePosted 1/4/2013 11:58:50 PM
You make it sound as if someone investigated for days to find this out, when all they need to do is go to the patent website.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 12:14:10 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
You make it sound as if someone investigated for days to find this out, when all they need to do is go to the patent website.

No, I'm acting as someone who's tired of everyone noodling for a story when the truth is... there isn't one to tell yet. When Sony comes out on stage and tells the world

We have another 600 dollar system, which might be likely, and it won't play used games, which isn't likely, then I'll concede. Until then, this is just a bunch of spin cycle trash orchestrated by the spin doctor media.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
#4darkness1018Posted 1/5/2013 12:14:11 AM
Besides IF both Sony and M$ do it, thers always Nintendo for gamers to turn to who still allow used games.
---
PSN: nightwing2099
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#5PendragoonPosted 1/5/2013 12:14:53 AM
Microsoft got blasted for weeks for that rumor.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#6Still__RippinPosted 1/5/2013 12:24:09 AM
darkness1018 posted...
Besides IF both Sony and M$ do it, thers always Nintendo for gamers to turn to who still allow used games.

Lol!!!
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#7PendragoonPosted 1/5/2013 12:28:24 AM
darkness1018 posted...

Gamestop would become Nintendo Stop overnight...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#8jameswintertonPosted 1/5/2013 12:54:08 AM
Why do you care? you dont even own a Sony console.
---
psn: jrwinterton
#9Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 1:02:10 AM
jameswinterton posted...

Good god that's so old...

Playing ps3 right now. Sound Shapes... best game released last year.
---
#10jameswintertonPosted 1/5/2013 1:10:26 AM
Sophistication posted...
jameswinterton posted...

Good god that's so old...

Playing ps3 right now. Sound Shapes... best game released last year.

You could avoid it by not coming to the PS3 board and pretending to have a PS3 :)
---
psn: jrwinterton