This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS 3 or Wii U?

#11crazyman32Posted 1/5/2013 2:53:09 AM
hrj posted...
IŽd go for the PS3.
Bigger and better selection of games.

This^
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#12ymdasePosted 1/5/2013 2:58:13 AM
hrj posted...
IŽd go for the PS3.
Bigger and better selection of games.

this
#13arstosPosted 1/5/2013 3:06:00 AM
luigi4728 posted...
get a ps3 and get a wii u later when it has more games

this. hopefully by then they''ll have fixed the god awful way accounts work on the Wii-U
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII
#14Brocken_JrPosted 1/5/2013 3:07:49 AM
i say ps3, not just cause were on the ps3 board, but also cause wiiu is too new, all the great games arent comin out yet, while ps3 has been around forever, and theres already alot of great games out
---
DONT BELIEVE ONDORES LIES!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#15hardknock55Posted 1/5/2013 3:14:29 AM(edited)
Ill wait a few weeks until destination playstation and see if the announce a new system for this year or next year if so grab a wii u. Pretty sure vita will have similar features as it does with ps3 with their new system.
---
Dragons Dogma: Shadow(assassin) Pawn: Circe(Mage/Sorcerer)
#16themegaman7Posted 1/5/2013 3:22:10 AM
At the very least wait until the new smash bros until you get the Wii U.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#17AmyUnleashedPosted 1/5/2013 3:42:15 AM
PS3 it already has a huge library, and more great games are coming out this year.

Shamefully the WiiU is lacking games atm, so it might be best to wait to get one for a while.
#18Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/5/2013 4:27:17 AM
Wii U...
Launch console, still has bugs to work out, small library (good for a launch console, but still small).
Backwards compatible with Wii (though not GameCube), including Wii's Virtual Console and WiiWare, plus its own eShop.
Small onboard memory storage, expandable via external hard drive.
Only place to play 1st party Nintendo games, if different enough from the competition, likely to get many 3rd party exclusives.

PS3...
Last gen console, well developed library, inexpensive, thoroughly debugged.
Backwards compatible with PS1 games, a variety of games available on PSN including but not limited to PS1 and PS2 games.
Substantial onboard memory storage, various console models with different internal hard drive sizes.
Only place for 1st party Sony games, significant library overlap with Xbox 360.

They're both worth it one way or another.
Wii U would probably be the better value if you never had a Wii, since you get two game libraries with one purchase, and new games will be coming out for it for a good half a decade, though since it's current library is small, you'd probably spend most of your time with Wii games. Then again, if you never owned a PS3 or 360, a number of high profile current gen games were ported to the Wii U.

If you did or do own a Wii however, PS3 is by far the better choice. By not quite as far though if you own or owned a 360.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#19nouseravailablePosted 1/5/2013 5:24:29 AM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Wii U...
Launch console, still has bugs to work out, small library (good for a launch console, but still small)..

Is it? Dont get me wrong, ill get a wii-u eventualy but there isnt that much stuff out there (ofc, the console is a few months old).
---
"I dont have a daughter. But I cant let that stop me from sorting out her musical training." -why the lucky stiff
#20emo_angel11Posted 1/5/2013 5:36:04 AM
seriously buy ps3 and get wii u later until wii u have more games
---
i dont need to "GET A LIFE" I'm a gamer I have lot of lives