This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honest question: Why is it that the PS3 exclusives better than Xbox exclusives?

#11kcypher2000Posted 1/5/2013 2:46:52 AM
People like to say this but in the end of the day its a matter of taste. Also the cliche here on these boards is that xbox only has Halo and Gears and then ignore every summer of arcade title and other xbox exclusive that has come out over the years. From EDF, Tenchu z, Fable, Horizon, Crackdown etc.

Also people talk like every ps3 exclusive would appeal to every ps3 gamer which is simply not true. If it was they wouldn't all sell so poorly. For instance i love Disgaea 4 but UC is overrated in my book. Fun rental but nothing to brag about.
#12Grunt40(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 2:55:03 AM
People like to say this but in the end of the day its a matter of taste. Also the cliche here on these boards is that xbox only has Halo and Gears and then ignore every summer of arcade title and other xbox exclusive that has come out over the years. From EDF, Tenchu z, Fable, Horizon, Crackdown etc.

Also people talk like every ps3 exclusive would appeal to every ps3 gamer which is simply not true. If it was they wouldn't all sell so poorly. For instance i love Disgaea 4 but UC is overrated in my book. Fun rental but nothing to brag about.

See... If you read the OP, I was asking about hardware and graphics, not really the games themselves. I love me some Fable, Halo, and Gears as much as I do Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and just about every other Sony exclusive.
---
Check out my mediocre punk-rock band!
http://www.youtube.com/user/All7sMusic/videos
#13ymdasePosted 1/5/2013 2:57:27 AM
hrj posted...
RollingCradle posted...
Gears3 looks way better and also runs in local splitscreen co-op.

Gears 3, while a great game, is nowhere near as good-looking as Uncharted 3.

this
#14ArkonBladePosted 1/5/2013 3:00:23 AM
Its pretty simple the PS3 has more power and if you are wondering why then multiplatform games don't look way better then they do on the 360 is because they are normaly develped for the 360 first and ported over to the PS3 .
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#15kcypher2000Posted 1/5/2013 3:00:33 AM
Grunt40 posted...

See... If you read the OP, I was asking about hardware and graphics, not really the games themselves. I love me some Fable, Halo, and Gears as much as I do Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and just about every other Sony exclusive.

Well its simple, games like UC are more confined than games like Halo 4 which looks better, is 4 player coop and you can drive vehicles all across the map.
#16kcypher2000Posted 1/5/2013 3:04:41 AM
ArkonBlade posted...
Its pretty simple the PS3 has more power and if you are wondering why then multiplatform games don't look way better then they do on the 360 is because they are normaly develped for the 360 first and ported over to the PS3 .

BS. Then why do games that are ported from the ps3 to 360 play nearly equal? They look better cause they are single player games in confined areas with pretty pretty backgrounds. Halo 4 is the best looking console game and it has 4 player coop and you can actually go nearly every where you see. Not like UC which is like playing in a diorama.
#17CyborgTwentyPosted 1/5/2013 3:29:16 AM
ps3 exclusives are nothing compared to graphical mastepieces like halo reach, gears 3, forza 4, halo 4, gears judgement, forza horizon etc etc etc
#18godplaysSNESPosted 1/5/2013 5:58:30 AM
Different games, different prioritizations...UC3 has pretty small environments, whereas Halo 4 has big scale

Some of the 360's exclusives also run on multiplatform engines. Gears 3 for example is using the Unreal Engine 3
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#19Chocobo115Posted 1/5/2013 6:01:48 AM
I think it's the hardware. When optimized it can cram out more juice than what the 360 can do.
But since it's a bit trickier to program for the PS3 compared to the 360 multiplats don't tend to look as good since the code is optimized for a 360.
#20rumbalumbaPosted 1/5/2013 6:04:16 AM
because they do different things other than shooting a gun.
---
Everyone should play Ni No Kuni.