This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honest question: Why is it that the PS3 exclusives better than Xbox exclusives?

#31Stanger5150Posted 1/5/2013 6:01:38 AM
Grunt40 posted...
People like to say this but in the end of the day its a matter of taste. Also the cliche here on these boards is that xbox only has Halo and Gears and then ignore every summer of arcade title and other xbox exclusive that has come out over the years. From EDF, Tenchu z, Fable, Horizon, Crackdown etc.

Also people talk like every ps3 exclusive would appeal to every ps3 gamer which is simply not true. If it was they wouldn't all sell so poorly. For instance i love Disgaea 4 but UC is overrated in my book. Fun rental but nothing to brag about.

See... If you read the OP, I was asking about hardware and graphics, not really the games themselves. I love me some Fable, Halo, and Gears as much as I do Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and just about every other Sony exclusive.

If you only meant graphics, you would have specified that in the title. You asked why PS3 exclusives are better, not why they look better.

Technically speaking, the PS3 is more powerful, but since it's so hard to develop for it, usually only first-party developers take full advantage of it. Final Fantasy XIII is a rare example of a multi-platform title that looks better on PS3. None of that means s*** though compared to overall game quality.

Even graphics are subjective. Some may think Gears looks better than Uncharted because the game's graphics just appeal to them more, and that's ok.

For example, I like the graphics of Yoshi's Island more than Rayman Origins. Am I technically right? No, but it doesn't matter in the slightest. What's the most pleasing to the eye isn't always the most technically advanced.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#32MEFreak1984Posted 1/5/2013 6:06:18 AM
Because Multiplat games look far better on 360. And let's face it, there are far more of those than Exclusives.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: FangBanga84
"Diggin Minecraft Style"
#33nouseravailablePosted 1/5/2013 6:08:51 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
Variety.

---
"I dont have a daughter. But I cant let that stop me from sorting out her musical training." -why the lucky stiff
#34flakbotPosted 1/5/2013 6:16:48 AM
Now if only the PS3 exclusives weren't just rehashes of every PS2 game ever made and were actually original you'd have something to talk about.
#35ShineboxerPosted 1/5/2013 6:37:23 AM
Reassurance Topic, inb4 pathetic reassurance response.
#36ManuKesnaPosted 1/5/2013 6:39:41 AM

it might be a reassurance topic but that does not mean is not true :)
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#37HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/5/2013 6:42:23 AM
Probably because Uncharted 3 looks like this in splitscreen

http://game-thought.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/uncharted-3-mp.jpg

It's not just sub-hD, it's ULTRA (tm) sub-hd, it's a lower resolution than any gears game, which has standardised it since 2006 in full HD 720P.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#38ShineboxerPosted 1/5/2013 6:42:31 AM
ManuKesna posted...

it might be a reassurance topic but that does not mean is not true :)

Nope, it isn't

Halo>All PS3 FPS
Gears=Uncharted
Forza>>>>>>>Grand Turismo
#39nonexistingheroPosted 1/5/2013 6:43:33 AM
As far as pure graphical quality goes Gears 3 > Uncharted 3. Yeah, Uncharted 3 does have a better art style and more use of color, but that doesn't magically make the graphics better.

Anyhow, it's not that the best of the PS3 > best of the Xbox 360. The problem here is that the Xbox 360 hardly even gets any retail exclusives these days. Microsoft doesn't give a f***, aside from having just a few big blockbusters.

Also, don't even bother mentioning XBLA titles as exclusives. In no way can they be compared to retail exclusives.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#40Luthor_Posted 1/5/2013 6:45:36 AM
PS3 board, I am very proud of you.

A ton less reassurance posts ended up in this topic than usual. I was happy to see many people say its usually subjective instead of being fan boys for either side.

*pats ps3 board on back*
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon