This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

doa 5 or tekken tag 2

#1shads3055Posted 1/5/2013 1:15:59 AM
Ok I got doa 5 used as a gift... I want a great fighter to hold me over till injustice

I'm newbie but never played tekken but do here its better and more real and true to fighting then doa. It does have more fighters.. but doa looks amazing..

What's better should stick with doa or return it and get tekken or just store credit.
#2Junpei_StupeiPosted 1/5/2013 1:19:58 AM(edited)
Stick with DoA.

They are delivering a patch within this month to improve the game further. It has more support from both the developer and the fans.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#3Brocken_JrPosted 1/5/2013 1:21:09 AM
"I'm newbie but never played tekken but do here its better and more real and true to fighting then doa."

who told you that? doa is the more realistic one. tekken is full of juggles, ridiculous combos and characters, and weird customization.

" It does have more fighters.. but doa looks amazing.. "

tekken tag 2 is full of clones, thats why it has so many people.

"What's better should stick with doa or return it and get tekken or just store credit."

i own tekken but didnt try doa5. id just say keep doa5, cause in TTT2, there isnt much to do, especially if you are expecting something in tekken 5/6 like devil within and scenario campaign. only thing to do offline in tekken is arcade and ghost battle. you probably wont get alot for doa if you trade it in anyway
---
DONT BELIEVE ONDORES LIES!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#4BrutalBrockenPosted 1/5/2013 1:23:18 AM
Im enjoying DOA 5 more. As much as I like the Tekken games, DOA 5 keeps me playing more and more. Plus with all the tags, hidden characters, and costumes you'll be busy for a while
---
XBOX- Brutal Brocken
PS3- BrutalBrocken
#5jason19192Posted 1/5/2013 1:38:13 AM
Brocken_Jr posted...
"I'm newbie but never played tekken but do here its better and more real and true to fighting then doa."

who told you that? doa is the more realistic one. tekken is full of juggles, ridiculous combos and characters, and weird customization.

"What's better should stick with doa or return it and get tekken or just store credit."

i own tekken but didnt try doa5. id just say keep doa5, cause in TTT2, there isnt much to do, especially if you are expecting something in tekken 5/6 like devil within and scenario campaign. only thing to do offline in tekken is arcade and ghost battle. you probably wont get alot for doa if you trade it in anyway

You do know that if you took the clone characters out tekken would still hav more characters than any fighting game this gen
#6Brocken_JrPosted 1/5/2013 1:40:50 AM
jason19192 posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...

You do know that if you took the clone characters out tekken would still hav more characters than any fighting game this gen

i doubt it would be more then brawl, but i didnt count either one
---
DONT BELIEVE ONDORES LIES!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#7jason19192Posted 1/5/2013 1:43:24 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
Stick with DoA.

They are delivering a patch within this month to improve the game further. It has more support from both the developer and the fans.

Oh really then why does the netcode still suck while tekken had flawless netcode from the start. Tekken also got like 12 free characters I don't see Doa5 doing this
#8Joey2coolPosted 1/5/2013 3:20:21 AM
I'd recommend DOA if you're a newbie. TTT2 is brutal online. Then again, I'm sure by now there are plenty of crazy good DOA 5 players too.

Personally, I got bored with DOA after a few weeks. As far as DLC is concerned, so far they've put out nothing but costumes. TTT2 will give you several new characters. Clones or not, free DLC is free DLC.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
Dart and Abe for PSASBR!
#9darkstar4221Posted 1/5/2013 3:26:59 AM
shads3055 posted...
Ok I got doa 5 used as a gift... I want a great fighter to hold me over till injustice

I'm newbie but never played tekken but do here its better and more real and true to fighting then doa. It does have more fighters.. but doa looks amazing..

What's better should stick with doa or return it and get tekken or just store credit.

In order to excel in Tekken you need to have an open mind. Since you are new it will be easier for you to have an open mind. Veteran players in Tekken tend to get worse due to character bias. If you get Tekken just remember don't go online right away, you will get your butt kicked if don't have a grasp on the fundamentals, and make sure to practice in Fight Lab a lot.
#10EoinPosted 1/5/2013 3:27:03 AM
Much of the idea of TTT2 characters being "clones" is spread by people ignorant about the game. The only characters that might qualify as clones are the costume-swap characters - Kuma/Panda, for example. Most of the time, when people talk about clones in Tekken, they're talking about characters that might have been clones once, but are now extremely different - Kunimitsu isn't a Yoshimitsu clone, Anna isn't a Nina clone, and so on.