This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy X International expert Sphere Grid question and the paths...

#1RetroDruidPosted 1/5/2013 2:18:46 AM
If you choose the expert sphere grids, can you still choose to go down the characters normal path or will it all just be out there without any guidance or direction?

I don't want to dip too far off the normal jobs/classes but I want to try something different.
---
http://b0.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00891/03/88/891048830_l.jpg
Word up :P
#2PaltheosPosted 1/5/2013 5:29:41 AM
You're not offered a choice in International. It's the expert grid or bust. It's not so bad though: Each character still has their own devoted path. The grid is allot funkier looking though. Maybe I'm not remembering vanilla FFX that well, but International's grid gets a little crazy. Paths sometimes dip into one sphere and immediately jump to another. It can get a little tough to keep track of in your head when you're remapping the whole grid and planning for the superbosses at endgame, if you're into that sort of thing. Most of it is pretty normal though. I don't think character paths themselves are that different from the original game, but I do know the International grid has much fewer nodes than vanilla.
---
"Impossible! Now I have the power to defend all!"
LUE Account - Ragnarok500
#3LentasticPosted 1/5/2013 5:33:23 AM
Paltheos posted...
You're not offered a choice in International. It's the expert grid or bust.

What are you talking about bro? my copy always gave me the option to choose wether I wanted to use the standard grid or the expert grid.
#4danny_S_06Posted 1/5/2013 5:42:11 AM
You're not offered a choice in International. It's the expert grid or bust. It's not so bad though: Each character still has their own devoted path. The grid is allot funkier looking though. Maybe I'm not remembering vanilla FFX that well, but International's grid gets a little crazy. Paths sometimes dip into one sphere and immediately jump to another. It can get a little tough to keep track of in your head when you're remapping the whole grid and planning for the superbosses at endgame, if you're into that sort of thing. Most of it is pretty normal though. I don't think character paths themselves are that different from the original game, but I do know the International grid has much fewer nodes than vanilla.

Huh? I was given the choice between normal and expert grids...
---
PSN: CaptainSellers (UK)
#5Alky88Posted 1/5/2013 5:42:27 AM
You can choose at the beginning of the game and yes, you can still follow the normal path for that character. The main difference is that you have more freedom and there aren't as many locks in place.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#6Anodyne11Posted 1/5/2013 6:08:00 AM
Lentastic posted...
Paltheos posted...
You're not offered a choice in International. It's the expert grid or bust.

What are you talking about bro? my copy always gave me the option to choose wether I wanted to use the standard grid or the expert grid.

I was going to say this too. I always had the option.
But yeah, you can still go down each characters path. Just make sure you check ahead to see if you're going the right way.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#7Arkane DenialPosted 1/5/2013 7:22:32 AM
I have played the International version and YES, there is a choice between two kinds of sphere grids from the beginning of the game.
---
Booker T: "PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! " - Paulina_Pierce
#8echa_OnePosted 1/5/2013 7:25:04 AM
Just pick the standard grid. It has more nodes than expert grid. Expert grid is fun, yea, but if you don't know (or plan) what path to take then just don't pick it.
---
3 things I dislike before a game release:
The wait, the haters and the trolls
#9ShineboxerPosted 1/5/2013 7:34:07 AM
ITT: We will argue about something meaningless in a bad game.
#10namethatno1usesPosted 1/5/2013 7:57:27 AM
echa_One posted...
Just pick the standard grid. It has more nodes than expert grid. Expert grid is fun, yea, but if you don't know (or plan) what path to take then just don't pick it.

More nodes = better. Unless you're doing a replay just for fun, don't pick expert.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane