This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC "Master Race"

#11Number1SurvivorPosted 1/5/2013 9:50:08 AM
Don't mind it. If they start calling console owners "untermenschen" and we get word that Bill Gates is building the worlds largest communal shower, THEN i'll start worrying.
---
IQ was ancient when I first joined. He's really not IQ anymore he's Alzheimers - Joker0_0 on MrIQ
Somebody kill Bobby Kotick already.
#12tracazoidPosted 1/5/2013 9:50:42 AM
If it's so insignificant why make a topic for it?

The Master Race thing is just a joke to annoy other system owners who are gullible enough to take the bait, like when it was popular to say the PS3 has no games. It's a phrase made just to annoy the insecure.

Most PC gamers aren't any different than console gamers, you have plenty of good people drown out by the minority of loud, annoying and obnoxious people. Except for Moba like games they are a certain brand of angry and obnoxious people.
#13Hucast9Posted 1/5/2013 9:51:57 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
I don't think a more inappropriate term has ever been used to describe something so goddamn insignificant.

It's their way of feeling proud of spending $500 of $1000 on a graphics card. When next gen hits, we will have powerful consoles that will rival and exceed those cards. The difference will be that instead of paying $500 or $1000 every couple of years like the precious pc "mmaster race", we will pay $500 for 6-7 years. Just imagine you're seeing the Lord of the Rings cursed short dude asking for his precious whenever you see someone claiming the pc "master race".
#14Zyxer22Posted 1/5/2013 9:54:23 AM
It's funny how the PC gamers don't realise that using a term coined by the Nazis makes them look like the arrogant morons they are rather than making them look superior to everyone else.

Didn't the Americans do exactly the same thing though when the Brits named us Yankees? We adopted the name as a show that the English couldn't oppress us.
#15Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 9:58:02 AM
tracazoid posted...
If it's so insignificant why make a topic for it?

The Master Race thing is just a joke to annoy other system owners who are gullible enough to take the bait, like when it was popular to say the PS3 has no games. It's a phrase made just to annoy the insecure.

Most PC gamers aren't any different than console gamers, you have plenty of good people drown out by the minority of loud, annoying and obnoxious people. Except for Moba like games they are a certain brand of angry and obnoxious people.

The use of the term is not what's insignificant. What it's used to describe is insignificant.

Say "PC Master Race" in a room with a Holocaust survivor, and explain yourself by saying "it's a joke to piss off console newbz"

At least the word "elitist" only refers to the people in question, and doesn't make a joke out of a terrible time in world history.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#16howdyneighbor25Posted 1/5/2013 10:00:26 AM
Keyboard nd mouse may aim better but I dunno. I just prefer controller and sittin on my 50 inch playin on the old futon
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#17StealthlysPosted 1/5/2013 10:00:53 AM
Piss off console newb. We were worth consideration to make a topic about us. So we aren't insignificant.

stay jelly.
#18Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 10:01:57 AM
Zyxer22 posted...
It's funny how the PC gamers don't realise that using a term coined by the Nazis makes them look like the arrogant morons they are rather than making them look superior to everyone else.

Didn't the Americans do exactly the same thing though when the Brits named us Yankees? We adopted the name as a show that the English couldn't oppress us.

That would only apply if the Jewish people adopted the term "master race".

Although it's hilarious that we have adopted "Yankee Doodle" as a patriotic song when it originated in Britain, and basically calls Yankees homosexuals.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#19StealthlysPosted 1/5/2013 10:03:37 AM
Sorry but "master race" is Jewish, and Chinese.
#20Large_TonberryPosted 1/5/2013 10:03:57 AM
howdyneighbor25 posted...
Keyboard nd mouse may aim better but I dunno. I just prefer controller and sittin on my 50 inch playin on the old futon

Because of course that's not possible with PC gaming, is it?