This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC "Master Race"

#111JSusiePosted 1/5/2013 5:20:26 PM
PC gamers have to hang their hat on the fact they can be technologically superior if they want to.

It's literally the only thing they have going for them, so of course they're going to act like it's the only thing that matters.
---
Currently playing: Nobody cares.
PC Specs: Nobody cares.
#112Tidus41390Posted 1/5/2013 5:25:59 PM
JSusie posted...
PC gamers have to hang their hat on the fact they can be technologically superior if they want to.

It's literally the only thing they have going for them, so of course they're going to act like it's the only thing that matters.

How about the fact that PC gamers can actually play their games?

*cough*falloutskyrimblackopsII*cough*

Or maybe the fact that I can buy games at half the price one month after release?

There's also the bonus of having far more indie developers producing more varied content than half of what's been released this console generation.
---
CPU: i5 2500k 3.4GHz, GPU: Radeon HD 7970, SSD: Crucial M4 512GB, HDD: WDCB 7200RPM 500GB, RAM: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, PSU: Seasonic X750W
#113Valis7Posted 1/5/2013 5:49:08 PM
I find the gross disrespect in this thread disgusting.

You console gamers should learn your proper place.
---
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
-- Spock
#114glory of power metalPosted 1/5/2013 5:51:01 PM
If you're going out of your way to insult a group of people for their choice in gaming platform, or their pride in that choice, you're most likely a much ****tier person than the majority of them.
---
i7 Quad 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#115SabianthPosted 1/5/2013 5:54:09 PM
People, do you guys really argue about "PC v Console" still?

The main QQ on this thread has been:

1: "people who use pc r stupid n elitist"
I could say the same thing about consoles, but I know that not everyone using a console is stupid/elitist and the same thing goes for PC.
2: "No good games will be on PC"
Unless you like the whole shooter/RPG games only, there aren't many good RTS or turn-based strategy games on consoles, so this is true depending on what genres you like, and false, depending on what genres you like.
3: "PCs cost like $9001 dollars every 2 years!!!1!!"
If you are a retard and look at Alienware computers thinking they're top of the line, you're looking at a waste of money. If you don't mind spending about 5 hours total getting the parts for one, a modern computer costs about $500. One the same as a console would be about $200, and one made with $1000 would pretty much be a server.
4: "PCs r a dying races"
Lots of people are still buying PCs. Bill Gates still makes most of his money off of computers, not consoles. There's a massive number of people using the Internet, gaming, and particularly in MMOs. If PCs do die out, it will be long after you and me are dead.
5: "consoles are better"
Well, you're comparing a bagel and a slice of toast there. Maybe you only like one kind of bagel, or console, maybe you like them all, or just don't like the taste of toast. Either way, you can't argue about bagels being better than toast.

All that being said, I do like consoles. I own a 360(The original fat one that likes melting), PS2, and I think I even have a gamecube somewhere around here, but I sold most of my console games for about $200. There are some games I prefer playing on console, and some on computers. If Civilizations 6 came out on PC and console, I'd still play on PC, but again, if a Bethesda game came out, knowing me, I'd probably buy console and then want mods and buy GOTY for PC.

So really guys, stop trying to force your opinions on other people, chill out, and stop bashing computers or consoles. We know you won't buy them, but other people do, and that's their choice, not yours.
#116Jason_HudsonPosted 1/5/2013 6:35:05 PM(edited)
Consoles will never be better than a PC. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

- More power
- More possibilities
- You can hook it up to a TV and play with any controller you desire
- Not that costly in the long run
- Steam
- If one part breaks you can fix it by replacing it instead of replacing the entire unit
- 60fps (or 120fps, depending on your monitor) on all games instead of settling for 20-30, much smoother experience
- Mods

I have a gaming PC and both Xbox and PS3. I'm impartial really. The downside to PCs are the difficulty of operation at times and it being easy to hack on games.

As for the master race thing, it's a joke. Bit of an ignorant joke, but how long can we stay offended at something that I guarantee nearly all (if not all, seeing as we're on a gaming forum) of us weren't even directly affected by?
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest MW3 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#117AsellusPosted 1/5/2013 6:43:06 PM(edited)
i think its just the fact, that pc gamers feel they are something special. Any one can look up and see pretty impressive pc graphics and can choose to get into that if they want, yet pc gamers feel the need constantly state "well our graphics are better". Its always funny when talking about games people always say its gameplay over graphics, but when its pc vs console its graphics over everything else.

Most of the same games but the gameplay is better on them too. 60 fps (or better with a high refreshrate monitor) vs the usual console 30 (let alone a Far Cry 3'ish 20). Much faster loading times too.
#118AsucaHayashiPosted 1/5/2013 6:51:13 PM
*looks around"

k, just had to make sure this was indeed the ps3 board i was on.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#119Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 6:56:05 PM
People still don't get that this isn't a PC vs console thread...

Idiots
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#120AsucaHayashiPosted 1/5/2013 6:58:10 PM
pretty sure that the only idiot is the person creating a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with the board it's posted on.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?