This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC "Master Race"

#21gamestop27Posted 1/5/2013 9:04:18 AM
It's a f***ing joke, people put way too much thought into this.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~XTrEaMkILlA227
#22Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 9:04:45 AM
Stealthlys posted...
Piss off console newb. We were worth consideration to make a topic about us. So we aren't insignificant.

stay jelly.

Didn't say you were insignificant as a PC fan. I'm saying gaming platforms are too insignificant to apply historically racist and hurtful terms to.

Is my point really that f****** difficult to understand?
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#23tracazoidPosted 1/5/2013 9:14:30 AM(edited)
Stanger5150 posted...
tracazoid posted...
If it's so insignificant why make a topic for it?

The Master Race thing is just a joke to annoy other system owners who are gullible enough to take the bait, like when it was popular to say the PS3 has no games. It's a phrase made just to annoy the insecure.

Most PC gamers aren't any different than console gamers, you have plenty of good people drown out by the minority of loud, annoying and obnoxious people. Except for Moba like games they are a certain brand of angry and obnoxious people.

The use of the term is not what's insignificant. What it's used to describe is insignificant.

Say "PC Master Race" in a room with a Holocaust survivor, and explain yourself by saying "it's a joke to piss off console newbz"

At least the word "elitist" only refers to the people in question, and doesn't make a joke out of a terrible time in world history.

I never said a joke to piss off console "newbz", don't try to turn what I said into some kind of derogatory statement. I said simply that it's used(in its current form) to annoy people, because it is and is nothing more. You know like when people go back and forth between the PS3 and 360 board here making japes and outright saying stupid things to see who will take them seriously.

No different, all do it to annoy the gullible or for a good laugh.

Yet it's a joke topic anyway since you're parading on about the Nazi and it being offensive. You could take a lesson from Steve Hughes.
#24Battleship_GrayPosted 1/5/2013 9:05:10 AM
tracazoid posted...

Most PC gamers aren't any different than console gamers, you have plenty of good people drown out by the minority of loud, annoying and obnoxious people.

That's a good point. There are some particularly obnoxious PC gamers on this board. The endless proselytizing gets old after awhile. They're like the crazy guy preaching on the corner endlessly to people who don't care.
---
http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#25StealthlysPosted 1/5/2013 9:08:19 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
Stealthlys posted...
Piss off console newb. We were worth consideration to make a topic about us. So we aren't insignificant.

stay jelly.

Didn't say you were insignificant as a PC fan. I'm saying gaming platforms are too insignificant to apply historically racist and hurtful terms to.

Is my point really that f****** difficult to understand?

I should have read the other posts then. Its just some catch phrase that'll probably never go away, like a lot of things on the internet.. And sometimes good way to rile something up.

But you could have at least explained the nazi part in the first post.
#26Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 9:08:28 AM
gamestop27 posted...
It's a f***ing joke, people put way too much thought into this.

I know it's a joke... But it's potentially hurtful and inappropriate. Again, I ask: Would it be ok to refer to a black Wii as the "n*****" version?

It's the same thing.

My issue is not with PC gaming, and I am not bashing the PC in any way. My only issue is with the inappropriate use of "master race".
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#27Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 9:10:52 AM
Stealthlys posted...

stay jelly.

By the way, I'm not a "newb". I've been gaming since 1987, on all platforms, including PC.

This is not a PC bashing topic. My issue is with the term "master race" only.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#28NintendologicalPosted 1/5/2013 9:11:50 AM
Stanger5150 posted...

It's not f****** "catchy", it's inappropriate.

It's like calling the black Wii "the n***** Wii" and calling it "catchy".

I laughed for like two minutes when I read that. But the truth of your statement rings true. "Master race" isn't a phrase to take lightly given the term's deplorable origins.

lambchips posted...

thats because it was console gamers that labeled pc games as "master race"
before this gen pc gamers were known as elitists

Console gamers have nothing to do with the origins of the appellation. The meme comes from a video game review for The Witcher. The rather well known reviewer (named Yahtzee) was reviewing the title for Escapist Magazine.

"What quickly becomes obvious is that Witcher is very much a PC exclusive game which are typically designed to be as complex and unintuitive as possible so that those dirty console playing peasants don't ruin it for the glorious pc gaming master race."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0dXtOVi2yo
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#29StealthlysPosted 1/5/2013 9:13:06 AM
Yes I thought you were trying to troll, or had the intention to start a flame war.

But again you could have explained why its inappropriate in the first post.
#30Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 9:15:29 AM
tracazoid posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
tracazoid posted...
If it's so insignificant why make a topic for it?

The Master Race thing is just a joke to annoy other system owners who are gullible enough to take the bait, like when it was popular to say the PS3 has no games. It's a phrase made just to annoy the insecure.

Most PC gamers aren't any different than console gamers, you have plenty of good people drown out by the minority of loud, annoying and obnoxious people. Except for Moba like games they are a certain brand of angry and obnoxious people.

The use of the term is not what's insignificant. What it's used to describe is insignificant.

Say "PC Master Race" in a room with a Holocaust survivor, and explain yourself by saying "it's a joke to piss off console newbz"

At least the word "elitist" only refers to the people in question, and doesn't make a joke out of a terrible time in world history.

I never said a joke to piss off console "newbz", don't try to turn what I said into some kind of derogatory statement. I said simply that it's used to annoy people, because it is and is nothing more. You know like when people go back and forth between the PS3 and 360 board here making japes and outright saying stupid things to see who will take them seriously.

No different, all do it to annoy the gullible or for a good laugh.

Yet it's a joke topic anyway since you're parading on about the Nazi and it being offensive.

Not a joke topic. I'm dead serious. The use of "master race" is keeping a term alive that should only be used in History books.

And the term was used by the Nazis to justify the Final Solution. That's why I'm drawing the connection to them.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782