This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC "Master Race"

#71rmcrowleyPosted 1/5/2013 2:23:31 PM
Hucast9 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
I don't think a more inappropriate term has ever been used to describe something so goddamn insignificant.

It's their way of feeling proud of spending $500 of $1000 on a graphics card. When next gen hits, we will have powerful consoles that will rival and exceed those cards. The difference will be that instead of paying $500 or $1000 every couple of years like the precious pc "mmaster race", we will pay $500 for 6-7 years. Just imagine you're seeing the Lord of the Rings cursed short dude asking for his precious whenever you see someone claiming the pc "master race".

Ummmm... You realize most console owners probably have a computer anyway? If you consider that a PC also replaces that (since it is that), your argument sort of falls apart...

Consider: Buy a console every 6 years, a new laptop every 4 years (as seems pretty common). Console costs $500, laptops cost $1000 (for a reasonably nice one nowadays). Your average annual cost: $333.33.

A reasonable gaming PC costs about $1000 (assuming 560Ti). Assume you upgrade graphics card every 2 years (Nvidia #60Ti, 1 generation behind) for $200, Processor and mobo every 3 years ($450). Assume you replace everything every 6 years. Your average annual cost: $341.67.

The difference: $8.34/year...
---
"A man is nothing but his mind; if that be out of order, all's amiss, and if that be well, the rest is at ease." - Girolamo Cardano
#72CrimsonStryke28Posted 1/5/2013 2:26:48 PM
Please don't try to hide that was your old account. Seriously, just stop it. It can't be anymore obvious to anybody who's read your posts before. How dumb do you think everybody is?

Well, I don't work for them and even if I did, what do you have against someone working for Naughty Dog anyways? They're great developers but for someone who is very anti console like yourself, I can see why you would come here and bash someone for it.

So really, why are you here again? Oh right, you saw the word "PC Master Race" and easily took the bait to bash some console gamers like you previously have in the past along with your Anti Console squads, so if you're done trolling here, please roll into a ball and bounce on your way back to the PC board please, we're discussing something serious in this topic and all you're doing is adding fuel to the fire stop trolling, please.
#73Anarchy179Posted 1/5/2013 2:29:57 PM
CrimsonStryke28 posted...
Please don't try to hide that was your old account. Seriously, just stop it. It can't be anymore obvious to anybody who's read your posts before. How dumb do you think everybody is?

Well, I don't work for them and even if I did, what do you have against someone working for Naughty Dog anyways? They're great developers but for someone who is very anti console like yourself, I can see why you would come here and bash someone for it.

So really, why are you here again? Oh right, you saw the word "PC Master Race" and easily took the bait to bash some console gamers like you previously have in the past along with your Anti Console squads, so if you're done trolling here, please roll into a ball and bounce on your way back to the PC board please, we're discussing something serious in this topic and all you're doing is adding fuel to the fire stop trolling, please.

Lol, your first post in this thread was just for trolling/bashing PC users.

It's a thread in the PS3 section about PC Gamers. Do you expect them not to read it?
#74HackfestreturnsPosted 1/5/2013 2:34:05 PM
Not gonna bother reading all this, because it's happened before and will happen again. But here are some facts, which are stubborn things:

I have a PS3.
I have a higher end PC.

PC obliterates PS3 graphically, it is superior in many ways, ergo, Master Race kinda fits. But, just like a real master race, sometimes you want to sleep with another variety. If you're a German, you can only get that Jew effect from a Jew.

I play Valkaria Chronicles and Uncharted on my PS3, they are the Sarah Silverman of games that I can't get with my PC.
---
Next thing you know, you've been pranked. This is Jon He Does It!
#75Dante200XPosted 1/5/2013 2:36:08 PM(edited)
Well, I don't work for them and even if I did, what do you have against someone working for Naughty Dog anyways?

I never said nor claimed anything of the sort, hahaha.

So yup, it's definitely you naughtydawg2k585854 or whatever. Nice gamefaqs alt you got there! I can't believe you think some people are THAT dumb to not know it's you just because you changed your username. I've never met anybody quite as immature as you are that you won't own up to anything. Why don't you just admit it? You give consoles gamers a horrible name and I'm ashamed to say I own a PS3.

You always give me such a great laugh, thanks. I missed reading your posts on your old account before it was banned.
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
#76CrimsonStryke28Posted 1/5/2013 2:44:49 PM
Well, I don't work for them and even if I did, what do you have against someone working for Naughty Dog anyways?

I never said anything of the sort, hahaha.

So yup, it's definitely you naughtydawg2k585854 or whatever. I can't believe you think some people are THAT dumb to not know it's you. I've never met anybody quite as immature as you are that you won't own up to anything. Why don't you just admit it? You give consoles gamers a horrible name and I'm ashamed to say I own a PS3.

You always give me such a great laugh, thanks. I missed reading your posts on your old account before it was banned.

Well first of all, I do no have any other account but this one, I'm actually quite new to gamefaqs which you seem to find that hard to believe.

And second, I misread as I thought you were talking about me working for Naughty Dog but I am not who you say I am but if you can prove it, please do so, otherwise, stop trolling.

And third, you're coming off quite angry and quite childish I might add, you might want to seek a little help from the Advice board or something because I don't believe a grown man like yourself should be acting this way but I do find it amusing.

And fourth, you're quite welcome, it's not hard to entertain trolls like you and I don't believe you own a PS3 at all, you're very quite anti console who even flat out admit that you don't even own a console unless you just bought one recently which I doubt.
#77ShineboxerPosted 1/5/2013 2:47:37 PM
Not gonna bother reading all this, because it's happened before and will happen again. But here are some facts, which are stubborn things:

I have a PS3.
I have a higher end PC.

PC obliterates PS3 graphically, it is superior in many ways, ergo, Master Race kinda fits. But, just like a real master race, sometimes you want to sleep with another variety. If you're a German, you can only get that Jew effect from a Jew.

I play Valkaria Chronicles and Uncharted on my PS3, they are the Sarah Silverman of games that I can't get with my PC.

I actually understood.
#78blankempathyPosted 1/5/2013 2:52:17 PM(edited)
"master race" was coined as a joke for pc gamers. Pc gamers use it to troll console players knowing full well that its a joke phrase, console players bite hard.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#79king_maddenPosted 1/5/2013 2:53:34 PM
Hackfestreturns posted...

I have a PS3.
I have a higher end PC.

i think its just the fact, that pc gamers feel they are something special. Any one can look up and see pretty impressive pc graphics and can choose to get into that if they want, yet pc gamers feel the need constantly state "well our graphics are better". Its always funny when talking about games people always say its gameplay over graphics, but when its pc vs console its graphics over everything else.

to build a high end pc costs a lot of money, this we know, but to compare it to console prices is just idiotic. you are comparing something you build to a mass produced console. if you could build a ps3 or 360 it would more than likely be cheaper than it was years ago (people like to compare the 600 pc gaming build to launch ps3 prices). I can build a car much cheaper than I could buy one.

pc gamers are like a religious group.
#80Dante200XPosted 1/5/2013 2:57:53 PM(edited)
Well first of all, I do no have any other account but this one, I'm actually quite new to gamefaqs which you seem to find that hard to believe.

Odd, you sure post exactly like the person I know and I'm not the only one who thinks that. You've said the exact same phrases I've read from this other person as well! You also troll PC gamers a lot too, even on the PC boards. Very odd you're almost exactly like this other person...must be your twin right? :D
And second, I misread as I thought you were talking about me working for Naughty Dog

Yes you misread horribly as I said the word "account", obviously implying gamefaqs in the sentence. Something else this other person (who is CLEARLY not you) did all the time.
but if you can prove it, please do so, otherwise, stop trolling.

I can't prove it but can you prove it's NOT you? It works both ways in this regard.
I"m sorry you feel I'm trolling in a troll topic. Sorry I didn't not troll like you did...
They maybe a master race but they're sure are a dying breed and continuing to die off very slowly, soon they won't be nothing but peasants to us to beg for good games from our console version so let them enjoy being a second rate citizen until they come back crawling to us one day.

:|
you're very quite anti console who even flat out admit that you don't even own a console unless you just bought one recently which I doubt.

How would you know any of this if you're so new to gamefaqs and I haven't even posted much at all in the past 2 months? You pointed me out specifically in a post w/o quoting me for no reason at all...just like that other person used to do. Everything you've said is exactly like this other user. Strange isn't it?
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.