This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioshock Infinite I predict will be ONE of the best FPS games this year.

#21justchill433Posted 1/5/2013 4:44:09 PM
this is the PS3 board. you want to hype a specific game based off of nothing, you should do us all a service and go to that specific games board.

also IIRC bioshock 2 was pretty awful certainly in the minds of everyone i spoke to / heard about on the interwebs.

'Hype doesn't always has to be a good game.' that was exactly my point with haze. just because you are 10000% exceited about bioshock infinite doesnt mean its going to be good. things can have an awesome concept, a well written script etc but wind up being terrible. (in hazes case the script was longer than the script for the matrix... its just it all got cut due to rushed development).

'put Hype where it deserves ' you arnt the judge of this. you cant arbitrarily decide for the world 'bioshock infinite is worthy of the hype'.

especially without playing it. which is the entire point of hype. its people getting excited about something before they have it. you dont have it, therefore you cant accurately judge it.

what im saying is you just making random statements based off of nothing but your own warped view is pointless. i could turn around and make a topic saying 'crysis 3 is going to be 100000 times better than bioshock infinite'

would it break the TOS? no. would it be a waste of time? yes. would i have any evidence either way? no.

is it posing a question that cant possibly be awnsered until people get and play the games? yes.

is that pointless? yes.

A) It's a prediction (a pretty safe one at that)

B) What I've seen so far looks amazing. They made Bioshock 1 which was amazing. I have no reason to doubt this will be amazing.

C) They did not make Bioshock 2. That was some random developer.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#22gr0mkakm0rgPosted 1/5/2013 6:11:50 PM
I will go so far as to say it will be THE BEST FPS OF THE YEAR, perhaps the best FPS of the past FIVE years. Even if it doesn't sell as well as other games, or acquire the massive user base other games have, it will still be a better game because I say so and c'mon, it's undeniably a great series. Even Bioshock 2, while not the best game in the series, was still better than 97% of the other games available and is still a high quality game with a lot of replay value.
I love FPSes and I've been playing them forever, but the yearly release/military/multiplayer thing got old for me a long time ago. Bioshock exactly the type of single player experience that I want in every game.

Vivat Bioshock!
---
You say "greed" as though it's a bad thing...
#23Xenesis XenonPosted 1/5/2013 6:14:12 PM
While being pegged as the 'thinking man's' FPS series, Bioshock still hasn't come close to what System Shock 2 and Deus Ex accomplished over a decade ago.

Still, hopefully it'll be fun.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.