This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you react if the rumors about the used games were true?

#1pafbonkPosted 1/5/2013 2:18:31 PM
How would you react if the rumors about the used games were true? - Results (75 votes)
I'd be frustrated as heck. I'd leave the PS4 for the Wii U/Xbox 720
42.67% (32 votes)
I'd be mad, but would still get the console.
21.33% (16 votes)
It wouldn't matter.
30.67% (23 votes)
I'd by happy. I think it's a good idea.
5.33% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'd get really mad, personnally.
---
Zelda fans are unpleasable. People who agree: 3
Apprentice statistician
#2userfrigginamePosted 1/5/2013 2:21:47 PM
I buy most of my games new, so it wouldn't bother me, but I'm curious as to what it actually means when they block used games. Does that mean no online, like what some publishers are doing now, or not being even allowed to play the game?
#3BurgerTime79Posted 1/5/2013 2:25:16 PM
I'd wait until there is a safe way to hack the system, but then the issue would be trying to get the games used. Wouldn't be able to go into a physical store to get them, because who would buy them unless they hacked their systems? I'd have to buy everything online of from off of friends.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#4BurgerTime79Posted 1/5/2013 2:29:13 PM
userfrigginame posted...
I buy most of my games new, so it wouldn't bother me, but I'm curious as to what it actually means when they block used games. Does that mean no online, like what some publishers are doing now, or not being even allowed to play the game?

According to the patent, they're going to use a Near Field Communicator (NFC) built into the disc that syncs up with the system and renders that system as the only one allowed to play that particular disc.
NFC can be used for many different things like passing your NFC enhanced credit card over a pad at the grocery store to pay for your purchases. Some gas stations have an NFC type device you can put on your keychain and pass over a spot on the pump to pay right there. Activated PS Store cards could be passed over a device to instantly put money into your PSN account. The Wii U already had NFC build into it, it's the square below the D-pad.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#5Dante200XPosted 1/5/2013 2:30:24 PM
It'd only be a good thing if the games ended up being cheaper or on sale all the time.

Still though, what the hell would the game rental places do? That would really put them out of business....or it would if nintendo and m$ adopted the idea sooner or later too.
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
#6servb0tsPosted 1/5/2013 2:34:29 PM
I'd still play my PS3 a lot of games I have yet to play like Altier series & Tales series. As well as enjoy my Wii U
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#7nouseravailablePosted 1/5/2013 2:56:17 PM
this : 8O then i would move on.
---
"I dont have a daughter. But I cant let that stop me from sorting out her musical training." -why the lucky stiff
#8axelfooley2k5Posted 1/5/2013 2:58:24 PM
Only good thing is GameStop would hurt because of it
---
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, mannn
#9Still__RippinPosted 1/5/2013 2:59:07 PM
I'd laugh. I don't think it's a good idea, it's actually pretty shady. But, I buy all my games new so it won't affect me.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#10BambooPandamoPosted 1/5/2013 3:00:20 PM
No BC + anti-used games = PC next gen only.

Buying a WiiU, good one.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/ChibiMrBubbles/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/MisterBubbles