This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For people 26+ gaming is extremely boring now.

#31CooperRCPosted 1/5/2013 4:03:51 PM
It is not boring, but we seem to be close to the end of physical media domination. As soon as gaming crosses the download only boundary, I stop getting new systems and replay my old games.
#32FiendingHardPosted 1/5/2013 4:08:09 PM
Great game experiences are still out there, you just have to look for them. TC have you played Dishonored? XCOM? Walking Dead? Tekken Tag Tournament 2? Far Cry 3? Borderlands 2? Binary Domain?

All great games that came out last year not to mention 3DS or PC exclusive games as well as quirky and creative indie games.

If you're gonna say not a single one of those games appeals to you then the problem is with you, not gaming. Maybe you're just burning out on games? Yes mainstream gaming is stagnating but there are still a lot of great experiences to be found if you're willing to scratch beneath the surface.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Far Cry 3, NFS Most Wanted, ZoE HD Collection, Final Fantasy 9.
#33MerisYakiPosted 1/5/2013 4:09:35 PM
Since HD games suck, you need to find other alternatives.

Like handhelds.
#34carsaucePosted 1/5/2013 4:10:27 PM
No I only though about that for 15 mins after playing such games like Call of Duty Black Ops and Yakuza 3, then I saw The Last of Us Game trailers and that really put me back into enjoying gaming.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#35BoosterBurstPosted 1/5/2013 4:14:02 PM
completely agree with this topic.

games these days are trying to be movies, and so formulaic with all their linear corridors, crappy QTEs, set piece gimmicks, hand hiding casual watered down generic experiences.

so sick of the endless waves of pewpewPAAGGs
#36carsaucePosted 1/5/2013 4:19:43 PM
Seriously, this topic is truly sad, how can it be boring when video games have become part now reality in gameplay , graphics and story line, Not all of us play FPS's or Sport games, everyone plays different genre of games,a and een though some games are recycled trash put to look elegant again, sometimes in those games they have scenes where it all always be memorable, others look down on games most of the gamers in public put down, but there will always be other fans of those games and giving praise to the developers, for Instance, Square Enix, gamers look down upon them now because they given up on praising for their Final Fantasy series to end, IMO, FFXIII is still one great gem of the series and even though they changed the game completely, other fans want back the old and classic feel, but its not gonna happen, each series in all genres are changing, even the dance games, hell DDR, noone really plays this anymore, they play those singing games or those REAL dance games, DDR is old FF7 is old, we have to know that those classics are gone, and that we need to know the future of gaming, is new and here to stay, I'm 33 and I'm glad to even be alive to have played Sega's epic, Yakuza. After playing the 3 and 4th game I want to play the 5th one, Point being, I'm sick of how some of us gamers have become and forget to realize that the developers who make these games are even older than us, its just some lack of producing a very good story line in games, and all in all some of us are future developers waiting to be in that industry, so we should accept and know how far video gaming as become, There will be another COD game, but we ain't forced to play it, there are games for everyone , only time is when will you finally know that you just don't want to game anymore?
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#37J E S U SPosted 1/5/2013 4:20:03 PM
im 26 and ive noticed i dont care as much about gaming anymore as soon as i hit 26
---
*imaginary*
#38carsaucePosted 1/5/2013 4:20:21 PM
completely agree with this topic.

games these days are trying to be movies, and so formulaic with all their linear corridors, crappy QTEs, set piece gimmicks, hand hiding casual watered down generic experiences.

so sick of the endless waves of pewpewPAAGGs

You are not forced to play them though.
---
#39huyiPosted 1/5/2013 4:20:59 PM
30 here and i find current gen gaming boring, it's not like it used to be back in the day, i tend to play older games much more than recent ones anyway.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#40omescythePosted 1/5/2013 4:23:09 PM
what a bunch of lazy people. can't be bother to look at other types of games out there that exist. games just like anyother form of entertainment has varity of content. but if all your too lazy to look at is action and not bother to look at other types well duh your going to get board. go play a racer, sports, puzzle, platforming, ect... games. go play indy games. just because shooters are popular doesn't mean a puzzle games stop existing.