This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For people 26+ gaming is extremely boring now.

#311LeadPipeCinchePosted 1/6/2013 10:37:24 AM
ATTACK__CAT posted...

fact: tastes change as you get older. what you like now is different to what you liked when you were 5/10/12/however old you are. in another 10 years your tastes will of changed a bit more.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/science/18tier.html?ref=science&_r=0

wow you are so wrong.
you are into what you are into.
over the years you add more things you end up getting into.
the difference is some people never detach from the stuff they were into when they were little. i still love TMNT to this day. hell my kids even love the older cartoon (80s) over the newer versions. we probably watch the old cartoons on dvd like 3 or 4 times a week.

its NOT nostalgia if you NEVER never stopped being into it.
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#312WarhawkPosted 1/6/2013 11:20:32 AM
fact: tastes change as you get older. what you like now is different to what you liked when you were 5/10/12/however old you are. in another 10 years your tastes will of changed a bit more.

There is one problem with that theory. Some of the games I grew up playing like Mega Man for example. I started playing those games around the time I was 9 and guess what 20 years later, still playing them, and that's including the two digital releases of 9 & 10. Sure times change and people change, but to most of us that can accept changes to some franchises, some of us can be what some would call "dedicated" to that series no matter what age we are. Sure to some degree I may have lost interest in a couple series I played then, but who doesn't maybe at one point. Not saying everyone did but some of us may have lost interest in a few series or games over the years but still play others well.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man Legends
#313regsantotomasPosted 1/6/2013 11:29:38 AM
toastedmuffin89 posted...

I never said you didn't game back then. I said you are delusional for thinking the current generation of gaming is better then previous ones. While an opinion can't be wrong I just want to show how much in a minority you are and put you on the spot for it.
You're a good example to all these peoples post who don't like gaming as much any more.
IMO you're not even a real gamer is why. You're a casual who likes the specs of high end TV's more then playing video games.

It highlights why your opinion is pretty worthless.

False correlations to somehow over-inflate your position against those not insistent on lamenting on the past. Gamers like archizzy, myself, et al aren't interested in pigeon-holing ourselves into whatever pseudo-superior category of gamer you and your ilk approve of.

We simply game and enjoy ourselves as we please and let the discontented gnash their teeth in futility with each generation.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#314toastedmuffin89Posted 1/6/2013 11:58:48 AM(edited)
regsantotomas posted...

I never said you didn't game back then. I said you are delusional for thinking the current generation of gaming is better then previous ones. While an opinion can't be wrong I just want to show how much in a minority you are and put you on the spot for it.
You're a good example to all these peoples post who don't like gaming as much any more.
IMO you're not even a real gamer is why. You're a casual who likes the specs of high end TV's more then playing video games.

False correlations to somehow over-inflate your position against those not insistent on lamenting on the past. Gamers like archizzy, myself, et al aren't interested in pigeon-holing ourselves into whatever pseudo-superior category of gamer you and your ilk approve of.

We simply game and enjoy ourselves as we please and let the discontented gnash their teeth in futility with each generation.

Sorry to tell you the bad news but sub genres have existed since before my generation.

They probably even go as far back as before your generations and still exist today.

Maybe you forgot what goth, jock, nerd, prep, emo, punk etc. is.

With that said I and the hardcore gamers probably deem you as a casual player who is non competitive,

You act like my generation is new to it since we call each other weeboos and what not while you're generation has been doing it long before me. In fact if anything you're generation is the one that started it to distinguish different groups. All my generation is doing is improving on that to get a persons ideology to match with that group.

I prefer it that way because we aren't all the same and we don't all have the same taste..

As I said archizzy is a audiophile and a videophile before he is a gamer. You can see in his posts his passion for them are bigger then his passion for gaming. That's pretty much not a opinion as most people who know his posts would say the same thing.
#315regsantotomasPosted 1/6/2013 11:59:12 AM
regsantotomas posted...

Sorry to tell you the bad news but sub genres have existed since before my generation.

They probably even go as far back as before your generations and still exist today.

With that said I and the hardcore gamers probably deem you as a casual player who is non competitive,

You act like my generation is new to it since we call each other weeboos and what not while you're generation has been doing it long before me. In fact if anything you're generation is the one that started it to distinguish different groups. All my generation is doing is improving on that to get a persons ideology to match with that group.

I prefer it that was because we aren't all the same and we don't all have the same taste..

I acknowledge stereotypes exist and will continue to exist. I simply recognize the idiocy of such a belief.

I can have different tastes from liking original arcade titles to obscure import SRPGs to popular FPS games to the gamut of portable games available without blinking about what you or others think about my choices or how I fit into your laughable categories.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#316THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 1/6/2013 12:01:23 PM
Next gen may very well be my last for many reasons. I don't see consoles getting much stronger and I can slowly see consoles turning more PC.

Maybe because I work more these days...
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#317toastedmuffin89Posted 1/6/2013 12:05:21 PM
regsantotomas posted...
regsantotomas posted...

I prefer it that was because we aren't all the same and we don't all have the same taste..

I acknowledge stereotypes exist and will continue to exist. I simply recognize the idiocy of such a belief.

I can have different tastes from liking original arcade titles to obscure import SRPGs to popular FPS games to the gamut of portable games available without blinking about what you or others think about my choices or how I fit into your laughable categories.

No one said you can't have different taste. Not going into different sub categories is not a option though. Just as you said based on stereotypes we will define your genre whether you like it or not and put you there.

That's the part people like you and archizzy don't comprehend. It's not optional when someone calls you a weeboo. You will get labeled based upon you're taste and that's final.

You can try and argue that but your just beating a dead horse.
#318THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 1/6/2013 12:05:37 PM
Oh and I've been gaming since 89. I've been gaming before gaming got cool.....well sorta.

I still remember when Neo Geo was a console for the rich.....Still have never owned or seen one.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#319toastedmuffin89Posted 1/6/2013 12:08:10 PM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Oh and I've been gaming since 89. I've been gaming before gaming got cool.....well sorta.

I still remember when Neo Geo was a console for the rich.....Still have never owned or seen one.

That's because it still is a console for the rich.
#320osboesPosted 1/6/2013 12:09:49 PM
I think it expands far more than a quality issue. There are long running routines in gaming that can get a little tiresome. When I feel like I've played every type of shooter, every sandbox, every RPG, fighter, every sports game, ect, ect under the sun. At some point, sure there are new games and new features but there's not going to be much more innovation other than 'minuscule' changes for me. Nothing is going to blow me away or wow me anymore than games of the past once did.

Heavy Rain was refreshing, but beyond that I doubt I'm going to get much new experiences from video games with current or next gen. To be be fair, that kind of experience also applies to films too. Nothing is going to blow my mind like the Star Wars Trilogy did, and so video games much like films kind of slowly lose that chance to fizz my brain. It all gets tiresome after a while.

Difficult to explain really. I am almost at that 26 mark actually. Just April to go.