This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For people 26+ gaming is extremely boring now.

#321agrissaPosted 1/6/2013 12:28:27 PM(edited)
By now we know that it's only a vocal minority that does not think this gen sucks majorly. They just go "it's nostalgia herp derp." We can only hope that the game industry get their act together....though I won't keep my hopes up.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
Number of fans: 6
#322al3azmiPosted 1/6/2013 12:35:33 PM
the only thing that keeps me going in gaming is actually japanese games "square enix and those alike" their games provide a good story or should i say an extreme story compared to the west

of course there is some exceptions like GTA "a us game made by japanese EPIC" , god of war "almost the same" , infamous and uncharted
the list is actually bigger lets not forget jack&dexter sly or ratchet&clank but i am just giving examples
---
Psn-Battler624 Psn2-alazmi906
Low class warrior with the power of millions of super Elite
#323THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 1/6/2013 1:43:50 PM
I'm hoping for some re-releases of past generation consoles and their most popular games for next-generation. I'm excited about the releases of next-generation PlayStation and Xbox, but to be honest, if things don't change from yearly FPS, I will have lost all hope for gaming. And that will truly be the fall of gaming.
#324knuxnolePosted 1/6/2013 1:49:35 PM
You have to make women strong and independent

Either that, or half naked and girly girl like
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#325knuxnolePosted 1/6/2013 1:50:26 PM
Also, gaming isn't about having characters the OLDER person relates to. IT's mainly to cater to TEENAGERS. Thats the #1 demographic at heart.
---
#326THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 1/6/2013 1:52:24 PM
Just a thought...

Resident Evil
Street Fighter
Tekken
Soul Calibur
MK
Madden I don't even remember any more
Halo
COD
Ratchet and Clank
Mario (Probably like 20 of em)
Final Fantasy
Zelda
KoF
MGS
Pokemon

Alot of long running series that I'm sure I've played enough to know what to expect before I even play em.... Yeah I know if it sells keep churning em....I guess. Next gen we could use some more franchise reboots in stead of game # 6,7,8,9,10......

Won't Final Fantasy 20 or Tekken 10 seem kinda much?
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#327agrissaPosted 1/6/2013 1:54:40 PM
knuxnole posted...
Also, gaming isn't about having characters the OLDER person relates to. IT's mainly to cater to TEENAGERS. Thats the #1 demographic at heart.

But the average age of gamers is 31. I understand why most games cater to kids and teenagers, and to be frankly that's not the problem. We know that games that targets kids can still be great and enjoyed by sophisticated adults, ex. Mario, Ni No Kuni. The problem is that they mostly target the shallowest lowest common denominator, bloodthirsty immature 13 year-olds. We mostly get pewpewpew PAAGGs....sad.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
#328Marnex15Posted 1/6/2013 1:57:40 PM
agrissa posted...
By now we know that it's only a vocal minority that does not think this gen sucks majorly. They just go "it's nostalgia herp derp." We can only hope that the game industry get their act together....though I won't keep my hopes up.

And your side of the argument are going "past generations are bettor just because i love it!", "jrpg being the oversaturated genre on the market is objectively better than FPS duh derp common knowledge i'm not biased lolololol", "your a casual cause you like dis generation moar you babby 12 yr old lol".

I can prove that this generation has been more varied than past generations. Just look at the indie scene. They've gotten more exposure now than they ever have and there's some pretty creative diverse stuff being made. Except for JRPGs and 3D platformers, every other genre has been represented a lot more now than ever. For once, the JRPG genre is not wholly dominating the market. On consoles that is, as portable systems still have a decent chunk of JRPGs like always.

And lol at the vocal minority ****. Yes, it's the vocal minority. On Gamefaqs. On the PS3 board. That's about as relevant as a dead horse.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#329knuxnolePosted 1/6/2013 2:03:46 PM
agrissa posted...
knuxnole posted...

But the average age of gamers is 31. I understand why most games cater to kids and teenagers, and to be frankly that's not the problem. We know that games that targets kids can still be great and enjoyed by sophisticated adults, ex. Mario, Ni No Kuni. The problem is that they mostly target the shallowest lowest common denominator, bloodthirsty immature 13 year-olds. We mostly get pewpewpew PAAGGs....sad.

The average age for gamers is 31, but that's including ALLLL those casual games. OR gamers who mainly play classic games only.

The modern games are mainly for teens. The people in their 20s are people that adapt and enjoy the "bloodthirsty" aspect. It's the new generation that will be here for 5 years or so.
---
#330agrissaPosted 1/6/2013 2:07:11 PM
Marnex15 posted...
Just look at the indie scene. They've gotten more exposure now than they ever have and there's some pretty creative diverse stuff being made.

No. Most indie games suck and aren't that creative. The only they seem creative is because current gen publishers pump out clone that are all the same. They make their games extra artsy to be different, but the gameplay isn't there. The reality is, in previous gens we got the indie creativity along with big budgets. This gen you only get to pick one or the other. Sad.

Marnex15 posted...
every other genre has been represented a lot more now than ever.

LOL no. Don't make up stuff. You can easily tell the truth by looking at lists of games from every generation. This gen is represented by shooters, that's it. Every other genre got shoved to the background. Except for maybe casual party games.

Marnex15 posted...
And lol at the vocal minority ****. Yes, it's the vocal minority. On Gamefaqs. On the PS3 board. That's about as relevant as a dead horse.

LOL I'm glad you know your opinions are irrelevant. At least we agree there.
---