This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For people 26+ gaming is extremely boring now.

#331agrissaPosted 1/6/2013 2:09:17 PM
knuxnole posted...
The modern games are mainly for teens. The people in their 20s are people that adapt and enjoy the "bloodthirsty" aspect. It's the new generation that will be here for 5 years or so.

You think the iGeneration will outgrow shooters and move onto something else? Will the next gen of kids have better taste in games? Unfortunately, I won't keep my hopes up. I remain pessimistic.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
Number of fans: 6
#332toastedmuffin89Posted 1/6/2013 2:16:08 PM
Marnex15 posted...
agrissa posted...
By now we know that it's only a vocal minority that does not think this gen sucks majorly. They just go "it's nostalgia herp derp." We can only hope that the game industry get their act together....though I won't keep my hopes up.

And your side of the argument are going "past generations are bettor just because i love it!", "jrpg being the oversaturated genre on the market is objectively better than FPS duh derp common knowledge i'm not biased lolololol", "your a casual cause you like dis generation moar you babby 12 yr old lol".

I can prove that this generation has been more varied than past generations. Just look at the indie scene. They've gotten more exposure now than they ever have and there's some pretty creative diverse stuff being made. Except for JRPGs and 3D platformers, every other genre has been represented a lot more now than ever. For once, the JRPG genre is not wholly dominating the market. On consoles that is, as portable systems still have a decent chunk of JRPGs like always.

And lol at the vocal minority ****. Yes, it's the vocal minority. On Gamefaqs. On the PS3 board. That's about as relevant as a dead horse.

The vocal community of gamefaqs is probably the most vocal in the video game industry as it's one of the biggest sites dedicated to video games and having a community.

You sould so ignorant when you say that it's only the opinion of people on gamefaqs as if they don't count or aren't credible. Like the opinions on IGN and kotaku are more credible.
#333Cranman1982Posted 1/6/2013 2:18:02 PM
I just turned 30 and i find games to not be anywhere near as enjoyable as they used to be. I still try to enjoy it though. I think part of the problem was that games had better stories previously; there were actually unlockables in games to keep you playing; something tangible that showed your effort in beating the game was not in vain.

Now your unlockable is a trophy that does nothing to change up the gameplay or provide a game with replay value. Its become a second job....

That's not to say i don't like games; some catch my interest more than others. But i really think removing unlockable, legitimate content ruined gaming for me. I want unlockable characters, unlockable bosses things to prolong my game.
#334Marnex15Posted 1/6/2013 2:28:33 PM
agrissa posted...
No. Most indie games suck and aren't that creative. The only they seem creative is because current gen publishers pump out clone that are all the same. They make their games extra artsy to be different, but the gameplay isn't there. The reality is, in previous gens we got the indie creativity along with big budgets. This gen you only get to pick one or the other. Sad.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you "oh look at all the indie games they're so art", because I hate that type of stuff. But there have been some genuinely good indie games. Super Meat Boy, Mark of The Ninja, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Trials Evolution are a few that are good and don't sacrifice gameplay for that pretentious artsy ****. Point of the matter is that in this so called "FPS era", games like Minecraft were able to thrive and have a huge following. They prove that genres other than FPS can actually sell.

agrissa posted...
LOL no. Don't make up stuff. You can easily tell the truth by looking at lists of games from every generation. This gen is represented by shooters, that's it. Every other genre got shoved to the background. Except for maybe casual party games.

And are you going to deny that every previous generation has been wholly represented by the JRPG genre and the platformer genre? Face it, compared to the ratio of JRPGs and platformers on past generations to every other genre, this generation has overall easily had more diversity.

toastedmuffin89 posted...
The vocal community of gamefaqs is probably the most vocal in the video game industry as it's one of the biggest sites dedicated to video games and having a community.

You sould so ignorant when you say that it's only the opinion of people on gamefaqs as if they don't count or aren't credible. Like the opinions on IGN and kotaku are more credible.

I'm saying that the vocal minority on the goddamn PS3 board on Gamefaqs doesn't mean anything. It's not representative of 1/3 of the Gamefaqs community and much less the gaming community in general.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#335agrissaPosted 1/6/2013 2:34:15 PM
Marnex15 posted...
And are you going to deny that every previous generation has been wholly represented by the JRPG genre and the platformer genre? Face it, compared to the ratio of JRPGs and platformers on past generations to every other genre, this generation has overall easily had more diversity.

Nope, that's just your wishful thinking. This gen has less variety than past gens. There's less IPs. Less creativity. Denying the truth won't help your argument. You can easily look this up and confirm it if you wish to take the effort.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
#336spectermaster14Posted 1/6/2013 2:37:20 PM
You can easily look this up and confirm it if you wish to take the effort.

If it's that easy, care to provide proof yourself? It's your argument...
#337Marnex15Posted 1/6/2013 2:38:04 PM
We can say "no" back and forth all day. It doesn't actually prove anything.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#338Video_Game_CzarPosted 1/6/2013 2:43:29 PM
agrissa posted...

"Most indie games suck and aren't that creative"

agrissa posted...

"Don't make up stuff"

Stay classy GameFAQs.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#339agrissaPosted 1/6/2013 2:45:37 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
agrissa posted...

"Most indie games suck and aren't that creative"

agrissa posted...

"Don't make up stuff"

Stay classy GameFAQs.

What I said about indie games are my opinion. I told him not to make up stuff when he claimed that this gen had variety, which is false. I can't tell what's the problem here.
---
#340agrissaPosted 1/6/2013 2:46:30 PM
Marnex15 posted...
We can say "no" back and forth all day. It doesn't actually prove anything.

I'm glad you know you don't prove anything. Again we agree. Have a nice day.
---