This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For people 26+ gaming is extremely boring now.

#351KaiserLeoPosted 1/6/2013 5:47:03 PM
the_great_tidus posted...
im 27 now and feel the ps2 was the peak of gaming. When games like MGS, FF7, xenogears, FFX, MGS2, xenosaga and GTA3 came out I was really amazed by how great they were. I don't fel like many games measure up or innovate these days. During the ps1 and ps2 eras we got alot of innovation and creativity. now we just have alot of shooter games every once in a while great games release like Xenoblade, or Yakuza 3 but for the msot part games are action focused. Even something like Uncharted 2 that got GOTY praise is just a shooter with action movie characters.

This, I mean, I enjoyed a few things here and there, but not to the same level. I am mostly going back and replaying old games for precisely this reason.
---
I hate thongs, both kinds.
#352WarhawkPosted 1/6/2013 5:47:21 PM
StaleCrackers posted...
I'd rather be gaming in my free time away from work than having to deal with screaming babies/kids and cheating wives and their obnoxious girlfriends.

That normally depends on the parent when having kids. Though gaming can be a good way to relax, and I never had any problem with kids. At times they see me playing something and lot of times they just watch me play.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man Legends
#353KaiserLeoPosted 1/6/2013 6:19:19 PM
I had more fun replaying the Sonic Series in the lead up to Generations, the entire Metal Gear Solid series early last year and Final Fantasy 1, 2 and 4 throughout the year than I did with most games this generation.
---
I hate thongs, both kinds.
#354ThaBasT_MidgaRPosted 1/6/2013 6:25:13 PM(edited)
Dante200X posted...
I haven't really enjoyed games as much as I used to this gen. I think it's becoming a bit too....routine with the way games are treated lately because of how expensive they are to develop. Nobody can even afford to take risks or if they can they don't want to because they'll probably get less profits. Gaming has become routine with id-tagged controllers with id-tagged games, playing on id-tagged consoles.

Something like that anyways.

War... War has changed... LOL
---
Another Winter
#355lostkiwiPosted 1/6/2013 6:39:04 PM
I'm 35. Married. 2 Children.

And I still love gaming just as much as I did when I first started playing Asteroids in the early 80's.

If anything, each generation of gaming has been better than the last. For example:
- The entire Demon's Souls/Dark Souls experience
- the horseback sequence in Uncharted 3
- the fight against the MAWLR in Killzone 3,
- The entire first sequence of God of War 3
- the 3rd to last chapter in Heavy Rain

These, just to name a few, all easily eclipse any experiences I had previous to the generation.

And the next generation will do the same.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#356Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/6/2013 6:57:47 PM
toastedmuffin89 posted...
archizzy posted...
I never said you didn't game back then. I said you are delusional for thinking the current generation of gaming is better then previous ones. While an opinion can't be wrong I just want to show how much in a minority you are and put you on the spot for it.
You're a good example to all these peoples post who don't like gaming as much any more.
IMO you're not even a real gamer is why. You're a casual who likes the specs of high end TV's more then playing video games.

Which btw I'm not saying that is a bad thing. But in my opinion from what I see in all your posts you like your TV's more then video games.

WTF? I also like Basketball more than games, does that make me a casual gamer?

What kind of mindset is this?

And yes, been gaming since 1993, and gaming is better than ever.

As I said, imo,

"25 and a half here, and no way am I bored.
I'm older, have more free time, have consoles that can play all my favorite series and are Region Free (i.e. FF I-X & MGSaga on PS3/VITA), games are cheaper than ever, games are packed with more content than ever, games are more polished than ever, games are more innovative than ever."

---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#357diabolicalPosted 1/6/2013 6:58:55 PM
When gaming gets boring maybe that's a sign to take a break. I went on a 4+ year hiatus from gaming and started gaming again only last year and I love it. Everything feels fresh to me. I'm not as jaded as many others may be. It seems like most gamers here are miserable but still continue to game.
#358toastedmuffin89Posted 1/6/2013 8:45:44 PM
agrissa posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
the exact same machines and nickel and dimed you to death for your gaming entertainment.

Sounds a lot like today's DLC practices.

Exactly those arcade machines don't compare to the dlc that's on disc. Nowadays developers charge you for cheat codes.

I remember when cheat codes use to be free.
#359Mattywright77Posted 1/6/2013 8:47:26 PM
toastedmuffin89 posted...

With that said I and the hardcore gamers probably deem you as a casual player who is non competite.

This has benn bothering me and figured it out finally. This. We are not real because we dont compete. but who competes? Fighters,your pewpews. Only time ive seen mario comp was the Wizard(crap movie) or that special two level cartridge me and my friends got on the black market. Agrrissa is dumb, your just laughable.
---
Now playing:Bulletstorm,Demons Souls,Yakuza 3
#360boredofyouPosted 1/6/2013 8:56:56 PM
Why is it assumed that because I don't think this Gen has been the best and I feel last Gen was better, that somehow I'm miserable? Less of a gamer than anyone else or that I should be shown the door?

Its not as if I don't pick up a controller. I play games this Gen as do many who have expressed the same views as me. I've enjoyed games this Gen. I just don't feel this Gen has done much for gaming as a whole save two key things..

1. Shiny new graphics.
2. Made gaming more customizable (your characters face, voice, outfit, stats and even the instances where games allow you to make environments)

This Gen has not been totally worthless.. It just hasn't had the impact on gaming, in my opinion, as previous Gens have.

Why do most of the people posting in this topic that disagree with the TC lace their posts with insults and assumptions?

Other people don't feel the same as you or have the same ideas so your answer is to attack them!?

Its not as if we are here posting on gamefaqs having zero interest in games.
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.