This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For people 26+ gaming is extremely boring now.

#361wstfldPosted 1/6/2013 9:01:59 PM
I'm 35. Married. 2 Children.

And I still love gaming just as much as I did when I first started playing Asteroids in the early 80's.

If anything, each generation of gaming has been better than the last. For example:
- The entire Demon's Souls/Dark Souls experience
- the horseback sequence in Uncharted 3
- the fight against the MAWLR in Killzone 3,
- The entire first sequence of God of War 3
- the 3rd to last chapter in Heavy Rain

These, just to name a few, all easily eclipse any experiences I had previous to the generation.

And the next generation will do the same.

I thought I was all alone in this opinion. I'm 29 and I've loved every generation better than the one before it.
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Assassin's Creed 3, FIFA 13, FTL
#362Mattywright77Posted 1/6/2013 9:13:00 PM
wstfld posted...

And I still love gaming just as much as I did when I first started playing Asteroids in the early 80's.

If anything, each generation of gaming has been better than the last. For example:

These, just to name a few, all easily eclipse any experiences I had previous to the generation.

I thought I was all alone in this opinion. I'm 29 and I've loved every generation better than the one before it.

you are normal. unless youve been saturated with turn based console rps. thats what it has become. you either love those games or gaming sucks.
---
Now playing:Bulletstorm,Bayonetta,Xcom
#363laszlo_olzsalPosted 1/6/2013 9:20:59 PM
servb0ts posted...
just take gaming breaks. I do think growing up as kids our imaginations and enjoyment was better than as adults.

this.

I think there's something to be said in the fact old school games relied more on gameplay and gamers' imaginations much more than the current gen. Today's games are more realistic and have total immersive, free roam world environments. Gamers have become used to being spoon-fed their entertainment these days. Combined with higher expectations due to tech leads to what you see a lot of bored, jaded mainstream gamers.
#364wstfldPosted 1/6/2013 9:24:58 PM
wstfld posted...

you are normal. unless youve been saturated with turn based console rps. thats what it has become. you either love those games or gaming sucks.

It's just seems natural for that to be the case. Developers have more experience and they have more hardware to work with.
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Assassin's Creed 3, FIFA 13, FTL
#365moogle69Posted 1/6/2013 10:45:03 PM
Thank god for handhelds existence and xenoblade/Nintendo.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#366agrissaPosted 1/7/2013 12:40:01 AM
So sad for the state of gaming right now. The money-hungry companies, together with the shallow masses, have destroyed music, movies, and now they've finally gotten to games. What now? I guess we have to look forward to a new form of entertainment, and enjoy that as much as we can before the inevitable happens again.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
Number of fans: 6
#367spectermaster14Posted 1/7/2013 12:42:52 AM
So sad for the state of gaming right now. The money-hungry companies, together with the shallow masses, have destroyed music, movies, and now they've finally gotten to games. What now? I guess we have to look forward to a new form of entertainment, and enjoy that as much as we can before the inevitable happens again.

Could you try just a teensy bit harder?
#368agrissaPosted 1/7/2013 12:44:38 AM(edited)
btw, another user in another thread has made an excellent post regarding this subject. I was very impressed at how he hit the nail on the head 100% and how well-written it is. I feel obligated to spread the truth here:

RampantBlatt posted...

The discerning tastes across the gaming community are what helped make our previous generations of gaming flourish and vibrant. Developers saw their reward for being creative and thinking outside conventional realms. When they added heart and soul into their games. The things that, when you turned on one of those games, made you stop and go "Wow" because something deep in you resonated with the game.

The problem with gamers has come from what some of us have called "casuals". These are the people that are sheep. They only look at games heavily marketed and shoved down their throats. These are the people who don't look at creativity or would-be "niche" titles. And steadily developers saw a drop in their accolades for creativity.

And thus began the steady march towards a very generic and casual-friendly future in gaming. And this is where our publishers come in. Thanks to the "casuals", certain games and certain styles became very lucrative. And while making money is part of the business, there is a moral level that gets destroyed when someone loans fully into the idea of fleecing the market of sheep. The publishers see the cash cows, and they tell the developers to make more of the games that are, in a way, the "golden eggs".

It doesn't matter if the game is truly good or not. Marketing and advertisements sell a LOT towards the "casuals". The ones who don't do actual research or look around to see what else is out there. These are the people NOT on this site who could care less about knowing anything about gaming. They just want to game and be "cool" with their friends who are in the same boats. These are the people who scoff at you when you mention a game that isn't universally known like Call of Duty - Modern Ops.

And it won't stop. For every one developer group who gets to actually spread their wings and produce something truly great, we get ten other games that do nothing but follow the trend.

And the actual gamers, the ones who know the world of gaming and know things about games, are suffering for it. Sure, you might find some enjoyment in the new direction of gaming, but nobody is all that honest when/if they say that the new games are beating the older games. But we are all watching OUR industry get dragged into the mud further and further as time goes on, and we can't really stop it anymore. Things have become too polarizing. We all pounce on Indy games, when Indy games are the last bastion of true creative freedom. There isn't a publisher Iron Fisting the developers to make something that will cater.

/topic
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
Number of fans: 6
#369WarhawkPosted 1/7/2013 9:43:42 AM
Virtual_Erkan posted...
The swags who play CoD games killed the industry

Hope you know what swag means.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man Legends
#370Stover46Posted 1/7/2013 9:48:03 AM
/topic

More like complete self important trash.
---
3DS FC: 4167-5373-4749 PSN: OLKv2
http://i.imgur.com/L6vPI.jpg