This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For people 26+ gaming is extremely boring now.

#41PsychoWolfXPosted 1/5/2013 5:24:34 PM
I'm 25 and, for the most part, I agree. There are still a few fun titles here and there, but gaming really has lost a lot of it's agic over the years. Back on the NES/SNES/N64/PS I used to get so excited when I heard a new game was coming out. Then when I finally got the game, I would play it pretty much non stop untill I beat it..
Once I moved on to the PS2 and Gamecube I noticed the thrill starting to die down a bit, but at least there were still plenty of good games.
Now this gen...there are still plenty of good games, but they seem far and in between. Series keep getting milked without really adding anything new. I loved Assassin's Creed and CoD when I first played them, but after about 3 games that were basically the exact same thing, I got bored and gave up.
#42carsaucePosted 1/5/2013 5:30:32 PM
what a bunch of lazy people. can't be bother to look at other types of games out there that exist. games just like anyother form of entertainment has varity of content. but if all your too lazy to look at is action and not bother to look at other types well duh your going to get board. go play a racer, sports, puzzle, platforming, ect... games. go play indy games. just because shooters are popular doesn't mean a puzzle games stop existing.

That;s what I'm saying I really assume this thread full of FPS and RPG fanboys, I play all types of games, my library of games are somewhat different genres, minus dancing games, but I enjoy all types of games not just action and fighting or Super Epic Drama Action KIILLING games, sheesh, like sometimes you just gotta play a genre you don't usualy play and then notice how gaming really can be, but nOOOOOOOOOOOOO PS3 fanboys play for their damn trophies and to just KILL and FRAG, I play for the story and for the scenes and how gameplay has changed from before and I still enjoy it, yet others complain just too much, and this is why they begin to realize they are TOO OLD for gaming.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#43wstfldPosted 1/5/2013 5:30:55 PM
This gen is way better than last gen.
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Assassin's Creed 3, FIFA 13, FTL
#44justchill433Posted 1/5/2013 5:31:11 PM
I'm 25 and, for the most part, I agree. There are still a few fun titles here and there, but gaming really has lost a lot of it's agic over the years. Back on the NES/SNES/N64/PS I used to get so excited when I heard a new game was coming out. Then when I finally got the game, I would play it pretty much non stop untill I beat it..
Once I moved on to the PS2 and Gamecube I noticed the thrill starting to die down a bit, but at least there were still plenty of good games.
Now this gen...there are still plenty of good games, but they seem far and in between. Series keep getting milked without really adding anything new. I loved Assassin's Creed and CoD when I first played them, but after about 3 games that were basically the exact same thing, I got bored and gave up.

You mean you have fond memories of the times when you were a kid? Holy Nostalgia, Batman!
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#45MT_TRAEHPosted 1/5/2013 5:44:11 PM
Some games will still standout
---
The Metal Gear Series is probably the best games ever made.
#46poolmav2007Posted 1/5/2013 5:45:56 PM
Here's the simple truth as I see it.

Entertainment loses it's appeal the older you get (even sex). I felt the same way a few years ago, but I learn to enjoy gaming again. As a kid everything is at least 10X better. Why do you think advertiser target kids?

I stopped playing for about 3 months. Yes, part of the reason I still play video games is because I do it out of habit. Just stop playing and come back to it. Some of the magic should return. If it doesn't find something else to take up your time. They're are so many things to do on this planet, but sometimes you just have to take chances.

I love theatrical plays. I would have never thought about going to one if I didn't have to go to some during my college years. I don't get to very many, but I try when I have the opportunity. And listening to symphonies is just awesome.
---
---
Cheers! Arc the Lad 2 is still my No. 1.
#47Mattywright77Posted 1/5/2013 5:50:24 PM
Disagree. If thats how you feel fine but dont put words in the mouths of an entire segment of the gaming population.
---
Now playing:Bulletstorm,Demons Souls,Yakuza 3
#48DarthVashtiPosted 1/5/2013 5:54:08 PM
Almost 33 and not bored.
#49spooiePosted 1/5/2013 5:59:50 PM
I'm 31 and I started with the Odyssey 2. Personally, I think the NES is the best system ever... but you know what? Every generation does something new and exciting in gaming. EVERY generation. Whether it be from pixel/text to sprite to polygon, 2D to 3D, rotoscope, bitmap, shading, single player, co-op, multiplayer, online, add so on and so on...

But often we feel that the ones we grew up with are the best for the sake of being the ones we remember playing and enjoying the first time around. But using nostalgia as a means as to why something was personally better IS de facto better is only going to take someone so far. The reason, for the most part, that people loved generations prior and think newer generations are boring is because when you played those older games and systems, you were new to gaming and you were still honing in on your skills. Naturally, as time progresses and you're more used to the medium, you're not going to be as enthralled with something as you once were. This is expected. But that does not mean that gaming is extremely morning now, that means to YOU it is extremely boring. And quite honestly, to people who straight out bored with anything these days must be boring people in general.

If you're bored, take a few years away from gaming and then jump back in. You'll be excited to try out all the new games and have the new experiences you didn't receive over the few years you were laying incognito and didn't have your hand held through everything you did.

If you eat a pile of fudge every day your entire life, you're either going to find that 1) fudge gets kind of dull if you eat a pile of it each day, 2) diabetes, or 3) both. But if you eat a piece of fudge today and wait a week and eat another piece then, and wait a month, and have another piece then, you'll find that you may actually enjoy it.
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#50BloodyBoogerPosted 1/5/2013 6:00:55 PM
when gaming is "boring" the one thing that is still fun is co-op with friends. not co-op vs other people, but co-op vs cpu. sadly this is way overlooked.
---
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson