This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For people 26+ gaming is extremely boring now.

#51LeadPipeCinchePosted 1/5/2013 5:01:58 PM
Motsu posted...
XFactor1 posted...
Go play Uncharted 2

It does everything right.

Done. Only good thing about it was the ice palace temple thing. Everything else could challenge taking a shot of Nyquil while watching Ben Stein read the bible in terms of boring.

troll harder.
the game is awesome from start to finish.
the inner city chapters are just fun as hell climbing the side of buildings. the train ride level is just breath taking to the point you just want to stand and watch as the jungle passes by. it does so much right by fixing what was wrong in the first game (nade tossing for starters).
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#52MGS4SNAKEPosted 1/5/2013 5:06:42 PM
poolmav2007 posted...
Here's the simple truth as I see it.

Entertainment loses it's appeal the older you get (even sex)
---

Nope, not the sex, never that.

I'm 26 and I kinda agree with TC. I'm losing interest every year. Which is why i'm only looking forward to just 3 titles this year. Everything is the same, just better looking and new leads. Uncharted is pretty much the modern Tomb Raider, FF and RP games are trying to adapt to today's standards, including sports simulations.
---
Chicks I banged: 32 - 6/2/2012
#53NellifiedPosted 1/5/2013 5:08:39 PM
I just put down the controller and go play some strategy or sand box games like

Starcraft 2
Minecraft
Dota 2
League of Legends.

When I'm done losing/raging at League of Legends, console games are suddenly super fun again.
#54SoleilArclionPosted 1/5/2013 5:10:00 PM
Sucks when you think "growing up" means stop enjoying life, doesn't it.
#55ADHDguitarPosted 1/5/2013 5:10:06 PM
I agree that modern games are far too shallow and too focused on copying trends.

I'm still fairly satisfied by Nintendo's games though. *Braces for oncoming flaming*
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#56rumbalumbaPosted 1/5/2013 5:14:04 PM
you just have to be more selective. i never played the CoD games after 3, never played AC games past the crappy first game, never played far cry, or fallout, etc.

meaning, i only play games that i think is worth my time. valkyria chronicles, uncharted, god of war, infamous, heavy rain, gran turismo 5. it helps that ps3 has a TON of more variety to choose from.

being a gamer doesn't mean you have to play every single hyped game there is. that's not being hardcore, that's called wasting your time and money.
---
Everyone should play Ni No Kuni.
#57HanzaishaPosted 1/5/2013 5:17:29 PM
Agreed, PS3 will be my last console. With a few exceptions (maybe 1 or 2 per year) games just can't hold my interest anymore. I'll just stick with my old consoles and PC games next gen when I need my fix. I guess part of the reason is because I am getting older and I have a real job now. I feel like traveling and experiencing new cultures are worth putting my money into over games.

I was hoping online gaming would rekindle my passion, but none of my friends ever stick with one game for very long anyway. Whenever we all agree to buy a game and play online, they all move onto the next "flavor of the month game" within a few weeks. I'll never understand people's infatuation with FPS games either. I'm not knocking anyone who likes them, but they just all feel too similar for me to enjoy. And if the game isn't popular enough online, the community is usually dead within a month or two.
#58glory of power metalPosted 1/5/2013 5:18:03 PM
It's not the games, it's just you. Once you hit 20 or so, you start making wild proclamations that every piece of entertainment created after you were 12 or so has been inferior to everything before that. As a 20-something it's your duty to say all new video games are boring, all music made after the 90's sucks, movies are nothing but CGI, ect, ect.
---
i7 Quad 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#59WarhawkPosted 1/5/2013 5:18:06 PM
omescythe posted...
what a bunch of lazy people. can't be bother to look at other types of games out there that exist. games just like anyother form of entertainment has varity of content. but if all your too lazy to look at is action and not bother to look at other types well duh your going to get board. go play a racer, sports, puzzle, platforming, ect... games. go play indy games. just because shooters are popular doesn't mean a puzzle games stop existing.

I know I try to play different games to see what kind of games I can find myself getting into. For the most part there is at least one game in each genre that I may have like but yet there seems to be some genres I can't get into no matter what game I might play in it.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man Legends
#60The_Mighty_KELPPosted 1/5/2013 5:21:07 PM
Bayonetta_ posted...
Most games have ZERO unlockables.

I was a bit skeptical of your "arguments" from the beginning, but... seriously? What games do you even play? I can't even name a game WITHOUT unlockables that I've played in the last 2 years. Maybe it depends on how you're defining them...
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.