This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For people 26+ gaming is extremely boring now.

#71BoosterBurstPosted 1/5/2013 5:50:04 PM
DesentSix posted...
Gaming is extremely boring, I seldom have anywhere near as much fun as I used to. It's led me to working out so I can't really complain, though, I would love to play a game every once in awhile where I can actually enjoy it. I haven't played a current generation game because most are just steaming piles of garbage made for a consumer of garbage.

it's very rare that a developer actually puts "heart" into their game nowadays and when they attempt to the CORPORATIONS MAN try to get the titles out prematurely killing any soul behind the game. All I do is play older games in attempt to relive any enjoyment I had when gaming was still good.

Oh well, can't do much when people settle for terrible games giving these terrible developers the idea that pumping out this stuff that their actually doing good.

completely agreed. very well said. also, I work out a lot too. still plenty of time for older and better quality games tho.

primusnine posted...
Gaming doesn't really change.

Our expectations do though.

no. actually, gaming has changed very very much and you are very wrong
#72WarhawkPosted 1/5/2013 5:50:59 PM
truesaiyan309 posted...
I am 24 and I am tired of seeing all my favorite series get worse and worse. Splinter Cell used to be great. Chaos Theory is one of the best games of all time and had unique online play. Then Double Agent comes out and its terrible. Conviction tried but stealth is still an afterthought and it looks like it will continue to be that way. If you don't have to hide bodies, then it is not a stealth game!

Hitman has lost its sandbox play. Ya'know, just the number one thing that made it great. No loadouts? Seriously?! As a general rule, if you want to tell your melodrama story MAKE YOUR OWN GAME. Don't take a well established series, pull 180, and expect everyone to be ok with that.

Developers used to try to be innovative. They would try to push the bar with a new gaming concept and each game was a new and different way to play games. This one had a interesting cover system, this one gives you super powers, etc. You don't see this anymore. Seriously, when was the last time you played a game that was unique or introduced a new way to play the game? It has seemed to peak. That is why people my age like the PS2, Xbox, and even N64. Out of all of the 360 games I own, which is a boatload, I only play like 5. I play my old games just as often because they are just as fun if not better. The only thing most games have been focused on is graphics.

I know I've been getting into buying some of the older stuff through the PlayStation store like Mega Man 1 - 4 or even Silent Hill for example. Have thought about trying out games that were out during the first PlayStation days like the Spyro games. Heard all the good stuff about when Insomniac had done the games and want to play them. I may do that next month at least.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man Legends
#73boredofyouPosted 1/5/2013 5:51:45 PM
37. I am in agreement with most of what the TC said. I don't see myself going past this Gen. The industry has stagnated, in my opinion due to its focus on shiny new graphical improvements.

As someone else said, the sub-genres are dying off and with them, the soul of the industry. Beyond Aliens:Colonial Marines I don't know of any other current Gen game I'd buy and that's on my list cuz its been on my radar since what? 2007!?

A few days ago there was a topic that asked what game would get you to buy a PS4 day one. I thought about it and decided there wasn't one. I was so disappointed I didn't even post..
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#74oxnerdPosted 1/5/2013 5:51:53 PM
That's why I play old games and competitive games.
#75Kratos3779Posted 1/5/2013 5:52:09 PM
Now that I'm 21, I play less video games than I used to. I maybe play two or three a year now. I only pick the games that I figure I'll enjoy the most, so it's not too bad for me. If you're bored of gaming, there's plenty of other things to do now anyway. It's not like you're a kid and you don't have much choice of what you can do.
---
"You should be able to tell this topic is a lie instantly. For multiple reasons. One being that TC has a girlfriend."
-GigaVolts
#76a gPosted 1/5/2013 5:54:04 PM
there are so many games coming out now compared to the 80s that it's hard to get bored, we were forced to replay the same games in the 8-bit era because games were expensive and would never go down in price, but now there's a ton of great games at $10 or $15 clearance price, if you're bored just go out and buy four or five new games that will end up costing less than the price of one game in the 80s
#77Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/5/2013 5:54:18 PM
Old people in heart, blinded by nostalgia everywhere.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#78zUkUuPosted 1/5/2013 5:55:24 PM
^untrue statement.
#79n0matterPosted 1/5/2013 5:56:39 PM
boredofyou posted...
37. I am in agreement with most of what the TC said. I don't see myself going past this Gen. The industry has stagnated, in my opinion due to its focus on shiny new graphical improvements.

As someone else said, the sub-genres are dying off and with them, the soul of the industry. Beyond Aliens:Colonial Marines I don't know of any other current Gen game I'd buy and that's on my list cuz its been on my radar since what? 2007!?

A few days ago there was a topic that asked what game would get you to buy a PS4 day one. I thought about it and decided there wasn't one. I was so disappointed I didn't even post..

The problem isn't with the gaming industry, it's with your lack of interest in it. Your last paragraph is especially indicative of this. If you can no longer thing of any games you'd like to play, out of the hundreds of franchises in distribution, you don't like gaming anymore, or at least not as much as you used to. Maybe it's time to buy a motorcycle and drive across the country.
---
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon
#80archizzyPosted 1/5/2013 5:57:15 PM
VideoGameBlitz posted...

Id love to see your game collection!

Actually I don't collect. At the end of every generation when a new one comes along and I purchase the new system I take my old system and all the games and give them away to kids in the family or kids of co workers/friends.

So my current collection is only about 60 to 70 disc based PS3 games, which will all be given away eventually. I have even given out a handful of games to people on this site in unique circumstances.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton