This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MGS: Ground Zeroes is gonna be the BEST game of 2013 srs.....

#31riddlebox89Posted 1/6/2013 2:58:04 PM
foxyReyoko posted...
You just didn't understand it because you were probably 9 years old when you played MGS4

I'm old enough to have gotten the MGS1 demo from Pizza Hut while you were still in diapers, so kindly park your ass on top of your "You weren't old enough to understand it when you played it" garbage.

Besides, you don't really have to be a certain age to figure out that MGS4's story is basically "Nanomachines do everything." for nine goddamn hours.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#32RampantBlattPosted 1/6/2013 2:58:58 PM
Oh hey look Ms. Troll came back. And she is agreeing with the ones who agree with her. Yay for circlejerking.

Here is how all of these topics play out -

TC makes a wedding proposal to X game. Any game at all.

And, the ONLY valid response is "Add "in my opinion"."

Which of course gets ignored because ignorant and insecure humans can't keep it in their pants at all.

You all take "negative" views on things you like as personal assaults, which makes you look pathetic. If any of you wrote a dissertation on why Megaman X or Symphony of the Night are bad games, to YOU, I'd clap a few times and put other things on my mind. I could care less what you think of some of my favorite games. But I'm likewise not going to go around shoving them down everyone's throats.

ALSO NOTE -

I'm not saying MGS as a series is bad. It has been more or less a solid "good" series. But, 3 was the best point it has ever had, and we strayed from that pretty hard with 4.

And some of the things being said about it are only marginally correct.

It has "good" storytelling, but not a deep or complex story at all. Again, 3. 3 had a really good story that was actually far more complex than the rest of the series. The rest were really almost independent stories involving some Giant Robo (Always makes me wonder why all the man-childs want Japan dead for their stuff, but Murican Giant Robos are fine. Odd.), some kind of super special force of army people, and your character(s) for the game(s), who is either an ex-member of said force, or someone in that force being used, etc.

Pretty decent stuff, but that is about it. Fun stuff. With ridiculous elements like Psycho Mantis, or the Beasts in 4. And then it all got wrapped up poorly, and then topped off with a very homoerotic interactive movie.

Which is the best MGS has really done. It is really good at interactive cinema. The playable parts are fine, but just barely own up to the series' own subtitles. We went from what, "Tactical Stealth Action" to "Tactical Espionage Action"?

There is a modicum of Tactics. A decent amount of Stealth, even if everyone wants to clamor and say that MGS "defined" the Stealth genre, only when Thief and things did it FAR better. And espionage can be tied to basically any game that has you thwart a plan.

Action was alright throughout. A little sloppy early on because the mechanics weren't really conducive to action. 4 was probably the most action MGS has had.

And here is one final note -

Nobody REALLY cares what you think of said game. And flying off the handle, not to mention praising it like it is Jesus' breasts, are not doing the game any favors.
#33servb0tsPosted 1/6/2013 3:09:05 PM
foxyReyoko posted..,

lol @ this blind Nintendo fanboy. The Wii U has a long way to go... how the hell does Nintendo think it's ok to release a console in this time that basically has the same specs as PS3/360 that came out 6 years ago? Wtf?

^^If Nintendo is behind as you blind Sony fanboys like to address, how come Sony & Micrsoft love to Copy Nintendo every chance they get? Instead of being more creative..............

I can hear crickets chirpping.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#34NextGenISbetterPosted 1/6/2013 3:10:40 PM
oh great, another Metal Mullet movie. Are the pants even tighter in this film ?
---
Next gen is better. Read my user name if you are at all confused by this. Will $ony be in last place again next gen ?
#35foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 3:11:13 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
foxyReyoko posted...
You just didn't understand it because you were probably 9 years old when you played MGS4

I'm old enough to have gotten the MGS1 demo from Pizza Hut while you were still in diapers, so kindly park your ass on top of your "You weren't old enough to understand it when you played it" garbage.

Besides, you don't really have to be a certain age to figure out that MGS4's story is basically "Nanomachines do everything." for nine goddamn hours.

Account Created: Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm sorry kid, but it's time for you to stop posting. You have been on this site practically everyday since you joined. I can't even take you seriously anymore, go outside buddy

RampantBlatt posted...
Oh hey look Ms. Troll came back. And she is agreeing with the ones who agree with her. Yay for circlejerking.

Here is how all of these topics play out -

TC makes a wedding proposal to X game. Any game at all.

And, the ONLY valid response is "Add "in my opinion"."

Which of course gets ignored because ignorant and insecure humans can't keep it in their pants at all.

You all take "negative" views on things you like as personal assaults, which makes you look pathetic. If any of you wrote a dissertation on why Megaman X or Symphony of the Night are bad games, to YOU, I'd clap a few times and put other things on my mind. I could care less what you think of some of my favorite games. But I'm likewise not going to go around shoving them down everyone's throats.

ALSO NOTE -

I'm not saying MGS as a series is bad. It has been more or less a solid "good" series. But, 3 was the best point it has ever had, and we strayed from that pretty hard with 4.

And some of the things being said about it are only marginally correct.

It has "good" storytelling, but not a deep or complex story at all. Again, 3. 3 had a really good story that was actually far more complex than the rest of the series. The rest were really almost independent stories involving some Giant Robo (Always makes me wonder why all the man-childs want Japan dead for their stuff, but Murican Giant Robos are fine. Odd.), some kind of super special force of army people, and your character(s) for the game(s), who is either an ex-member of said force, or someone in that force being used, etc.

Pretty decent stuff, but that is about it. Fun stuff. With ridiculous elements like Psycho Mantis, or the Beasts in 4. And then it all got wrapped up poorly, and then topped off with a very homoerotic interactive movie.

Which is the best MGS has really done. It is really good at interactive cinema. The playable parts are fine, but just barely own up to the series' own subtitles. We went from what, "Tactical Stealth Action" to "Tactical Espionage Action"?

There is a modicum of Tactics. A decent amount of Stealth, even if everyone wants to clamor and say that MGS "defined" the Stealth genre, only when Thief and things did it FAR better. And espionage can be tied to basically any game that has you thwart a plan.

Action was alright throughout. A little sloppy early on because the mechanics weren't really conducive to action. 4 was probably the most action MGS has had.

And here is one final note -

Nobody REALLY cares what you think of said game. And flying off the handle, not to mention praising it like it is Jesus' breasts, are not doing the game any favors.

lol thanks for writing me a bible. I didn't read any of it. My opinions are valid and your's are not, and that is just the cold truth.
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS [06.12.2008]
`._.
#36RampantBlattPosted 1/6/2013 3:12:31 PM
foxyReyoko posted...

lol thanks for writing me a bible. I didn't read any of it. My opinions are valid and your's are not, and that is just the cold truth.

And there it is, folks. That wonderful moment when a troll openly admits to being worth so little time that they should legally owe you for spending YOUR time.
#37foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 3:13:11 PM
servb0ts posted...
foxyReyoko posted..,

lol @ this blind Nintendo fanboy. The Wii U has a long way to go... how the hell does Nintendo think it's ok to release a console in this time that basically has the same specs as PS3/360 that came out 6 years ago? Wtf?

^^If Nintendo is behind as you blind Sony fanboys like to address, how come Sony & Micrsoft love to Copy Nintendo every chance they get? Instead of being more creative..............

I can hear crickets chirpping.

Because Nintendo is creative, and other companies sometimes take advantage of that and improve on their ideas. Who cares, it's good for us consumers
---
`._.
#38foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 3:15:31 PM
RampantBlatt posted...
foxyReyoko posted...

And there it is, folks. That wonderful moment when a troll openly admits to being worth so little time that they should legally owe you for spending YOUR time.

I don't know why you keep calling me a troll. I'm just showing my excitement for a game and just giving my opinion. Is MGS: GZ not coming out on PS3, did I miss something? This would be a troll thread if I posted this in the Wii section. You're just mad that I'm right it's okay... it's time for you to stop posting too.
---
`._.
#39OmegaShinkaiPosted 1/6/2013 3:15:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#40OmegaShinkaiPosted 1/6/2013 3:16:43 PM
foxyReyoko posted...
RampantBlatt posted...
foxyReyoko posted...

I don't know why you keep calling me a troll. I'm just showing my excitement for a game and just giving my opinion. Is MGS: GZ not coming out on PS3, did I miss something? This would be a troll thread if I posted this in the Wii section. You're just mad that I'm right it's okay... it's time for you to stop posting too.

No, you're a troll because your response to an actual argument is "hurrr my opinions are facts and urs are stoopid".