This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy X or Final Fantasy IX? Which is better?

#101HellsingOrgPosted 1/7/2013 2:32:51 AM
true FF fans choose 9

seriously Vivi is f***ing Awesome.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#102Dorfmann_Posted 1/7/2013 9:07:28 AM
FFIX = best in the series
FFX = worst in the series

So, uh, IX.
---
PSN - Dorfmann
#103toadiemanPosted 1/7/2013 9:10:08 AM
---
PSN: toadieman
#104Dragon NexusPosted 1/7/2013 10:13:30 PM
X has the better villain... but not by much.

......what?
You're kidding, right? You think Seymour was a good villain? He was pathetic! He accomplished *nothing* except for getting his ass eaten by Sin. What did he actually do? What did he even *plan* to do? His plan was a regurgitation of Sephiroth's, only he didn't even manage to set it in motion. Sephiroth, for all that he's one of the least successful villains in the franchise, at least got his plan going.

Kuja on the other hand obtained immense power, decimated a planet and nearly destroyed all of creation. And he was a tangible threat with his ability to control Eidolons.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#105theofficefan99Posted 1/7/2013 10:30:49 PM
This is a tough one. I'm not going to vote. Both are incredible.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#106mad_hax_manPosted 1/8/2013 2:35:50 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
X has the better villain... but not by much.

......what?
You're kidding, right? You think Seymour was a good villain? He was pathetic! He accomplished *nothing* except for getting his ass eaten by Sin. What did he actually do? What did he even *plan* to do? His plan was a regurgitation of Sephiroth's, only he didn't even manage to set it in motion. Sephiroth, for all that he's one of the least successful villains in the franchise, at least got his plan going.

Kuja on the other hand obtained immense power, decimated a planet and nearly destroyed all of creation. And he was a tangible threat with his ability to control Eidolons.

So we are judging a villain purely by his body count?

Sin wins
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#107ATTACK__CATPosted 1/8/2013 2:53:56 AM(edited)
X was origional on the 'Villain' front.

Sin is shown as the big bad long before seymore. stopping SIN is the goal. you never really go out of your way to stop seymore.... only rescue yuna after seymore runs off with her.

then he pops up a few times, but you arnt looking for him. your too busy trying to stop SIN.

he kinda reminds me of seifer in FF8. he was evil yes, he had very personal ties to the mains... but he wasnt the villain.

i consider SIN the main villain. and i think FFX scored points with how well done the whole 'but SIN is controlled by your father, you have to kill your father'.

yu yevon wasnt really the villain either. he was just the plot device villains weakpoint.

dont attack the weakpoint and he doesnt go down for long.

also there seems to be alot of the divide i mentioned.

lots of people say IX (and often 4/5) are the best and X is the worst (or low)... while others consier VII / VIII / X to be the peak and 9 just slots in somewhere in the middle as average (average for a final fantasy is still good... or was then)
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225
#108mjc0961Posted 1/8/2013 2:59:15 AM
Neither because they're both Final Fantasy games and unless you go back to the NES/SNES, they are all terrible.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#109AlltraPosted 1/8/2013 3:01:19 AM
If you asked me, FFX would be on the low end of the totem pole, just because there are so many other titles that I think are better. Probably in the bottom 5 on my list, just going with the numbered, non-sequel Final Fantasy Titles.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#110flagg2kplusPosted 1/8/2013 3:22:56 AM
I like them both very much, but...

I f'n hate Tidus, and I think he is the worst main character in FF history.

IX wins the tie breaker.
---
Making guns illegal will end gun violence right? They should make murder illegal too. No more murder. They should make rape illegal! No more rape! Drugs too...