This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is it about Call of Duty that makes Gamefaqs foam at the mouth?

#1Vexu192Posted 1/6/2013 3:35:15 AM
Note: I don't play Call of Duty.

They come out every year, lots of people buy them. They are very popular games.

I have seen posters and topics here that just flat out leave me in shock. People honestly believe that horrible, god awful, disgraceful games are better than Call of Duty. People will say ANYTHING is better than it, even going so far as to say games in totally different genres are better.

Seriously I was in a topic where some kid said anybody who likes call of duty over ratchet and clank is stupid.

These people, if they were to see a movie on TV they didn't like, would they call their cable provider and complain about how the movie is on? Or would they just change the channel? Or hell, not even watch the channel.

I hate Fox News. Loathe it. But guess what, I DON'T FREAKING WATCH IT!!!!

Why is it so hard for people to simply....not play Call of Duty? If they hate it so much why can they never...ever....EVER...shut up about it?
#2rofflchopperPosted 1/6/2013 3:37:56 AM
Because people enjoy complaining about stuff their either have no intention of playing, or because they enjoy jumping on the bandwagon.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#3DemiFistPosted 1/6/2013 3:39:18 AM
same could be said about anyone hating on any game...
Why do people care what anyone else likes? Don't know...
Why do you care what other people's opinions of things are?
Don't know...
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#4Skull007o_OPosted 1/6/2013 3:46:11 AM
Vexu192 posted...

I hate Fox News. Loathe it. But guess what, I DON'T FREAKING WATCH IT!!!!

Why is it so hard for people to simply....not play Call of Duty? If they hate it so much why can they never...ever....EVER...shut up about it?

Let's say Fox News is the most popular news show, but you don't like it (actually, you hate it, for whatever reasons you may have) it's okay to change the channel... perhaps there's another program you really like, and it's not bad at all to prefer it above something (apparently) better, like Fox News

But here's the problem: due to the popularity of Fox News, other programs are going bankrupt because, no matter how awesome material they can have, they lack the necessary audience to support the cost of making a good show
#5ATTACK__CATPosted 1/6/2013 3:48:34 AM(edited)
I play COD. its the only shooter franchise thats kept up with me and a friend.

we used to play resistance 2, but then 3 came out... and was awful...

its tough to find a shooter that doesnt get old. black ops 1 was refreshing to me, and different enough FOR US that when mw comes out we can pick it up and have a good go at it again. rinse and repeat yearly.

i dont have a problem with it. if other shooters want to compete they have to keep the game fresh. we cant play resistance 2 for like 4-5 years. 1 series of almost idential games yearly, but where they do make SOME significant changes is better than just playing the ONE other good shooter for 5 years where there are no changes.

and yes we also played MAG. MAG was great, but declined pretty quick to the point where its barely alive anymore.

the problem with cod haters is they dont have friends. thus they cant sit down and play shooters with those friends. thus they get bored and dislike those games.

its always more fun when the person your killing / beside is in the room.

and yes competative shooters need to be competative for the same reason fighting games need to be competative, or football needs to be competative.

football vs ai gets dull quick, fighters against ai gets dull quick. the ai just doesnt adapt the way a player does. it cant throw new stuff at you, and you cant take pride in beating it.
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225
#6Ebak_the_catPosted 1/6/2013 10:44:08 AM
Well, I played MW2 a few years ago after hearing about the critical acclaim of the first. I enjoy Battlefield and thought I'd give it a try.

I overly am not a fan of online multiplayer unless its a bit more interesting. COD is good..but it just doesn't appeal to me, plus I missed the vehicles of Battlefield 1942. The main campaign of MW2, which is the reason I buy games mainly again didn't 'wow' me, it was still good, but not for me.

In the end I don't see what the 'big deal' is about it, Battlefield is good too, and so are many other games. That and I feel that the market it being saturated with FPS games. I like FPS games, particularly if they do something different like Singularity, Bioshock, Far Cry 3, Borderlands etc.

My opinion: Call of Duty deserves success...but I feel it has become too big and is causing a lot of the 'smaller' games to may be missed. For example, looking over at my column of games, I can't see many platformers that were released this past year. One of the reasons I am looking forward to Sly Cooper 4. Play your Call of Duty people, I won't bother you as long as you don't get in the way of other diverse and interesting games.
---
Video Game Design Graduate - University Campus Suffolk - Class of 2012
#7servb0tsPosted 1/6/2013 10:48:00 AM
I never played COD game in my life but.

People do like them, I've seen posters claim top 5 favorite PS3 games are all COD. Which makes me think there are others just like him, which make this series popular.

I just think some need more gaming variety.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#8ChaingunmasterPosted 1/6/2013 10:49:24 AM
Dude, not cool, we're hyper allergic to COD. Hell, just reading the word gave me a nose bleed.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#9THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 1/6/2013 10:54:23 AM
I'll admit that I bought BLOPs II and had fun. Seriously they found away to make "dumb fun" and put it into a game disk.

Still pretty addictive with nothing really amazing about the game. I can see why this sells as much as it does. It's does what it does well.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#10NextGenISbetterPosted 1/6/2013 10:59:28 AM
TC. it is very simple

Most of the very vocal "gamers" on here only know how to navigate menus (rpg fankids) or watch really bad movies (the horrid mgs fanbase on here).
They really don't have gaming skills so they trash the game.

They go 1-17 in one match of Cod and come on here a whine, whine, whine whine.

So to answer your question, it is only the very vocal menu fanboys and mullet movie fanboys that complain all the time

It is hard to go through life at 1-17
---
Next gen is better. Read my user name if you are at all confused by this. Will $ony be in last place again next gen ?