This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is it about Call of Duty that makes Gamefaqs foam at the mouth?

#21mogar002Posted 1/6/2013 2:31:47 PM
I found a copy of CoD in a dumpster, I went to grab it and a rabid raccoon bit me. That is why CoD makes me foam at the mouth.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#22Vexu192(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 2:34:47 PM
gamestop27 posted...
Vexu192 posted...
mw2boosterlolz posted...
Here's what pisses people off:

They pay $60 for the game. The game has tons of issues and the devs blame various things like the consumer's console, their internet, etc as possible causes of said issues when the issue is with their game.

Their refusal to acknowledge or fix the issues is what annoys people.

If you don't even play cod then why does it matter to you?

Most people aren't just "hating on the game".

There are legitimate complaints and issues with every single cod game that comes out (since black ops 1) and the devs refuse to fix it. To me that says, "f*** you, we're not fixing it".

I've decided to skip all fps games from now on. They're not worth the money anymore IMO. Quality keeps falling every year.

Just because the sales numbers are large now, doesn't mean they'll stay that large if they keep making s*** games.

You've got some foam on your mouth.

Added to his list:

Legitimate criticism of the games or how they're handled is met with lame one liners by the witless fans who're shell shocked that someone has the audacity to say something unfavorable about their precious call of duty.

I don't play Call of Duty. I like the games, but I'm not a huge fan of the multiplayer, I die too easily.
#23yohabrohaPosted 1/6/2013 2:48:40 PM
NextGenISbetter posted...
TC. it is very simple

Most of the very vocal "gamers" on here only know how to navigate menus (rpg fankids) or watch really bad movies (the horrid mgs fanbase on here).
They really don't have gaming skills so they trash the game.

They go 1-17 in one match of Cod and come on here a whine, whine, whine whine.

So to answer your question, it is only the very vocal menu fanboys and mullet movie fanboys that complain all the time

It is hard to go through life at 1-17

Nah, I shred at CoD, and most games in general, but I like RPGs as much as FPS and hate CoD.

Why? Because with no prior background to the series I started shredding at MW1 at about game #3. I'm not saying that time spent getting good at a game = greatness of a game, because sometimes games take a while too learn due to brokenness or whatever, but man, it's the shooter for non gamers and I don't find that fun.

I imagine other people like me make up the majority of the CoD fan base, just with the desire to completely dump on casuals to boost rank.

Also, sales? Really? Do you consider the Wii the greatest console of all time?
---
PS3/XBL/SteamID: WillHungIs1337.
#24mogar002Posted 1/6/2013 2:53:32 PM
If sales = quality then cigarettes are the best thing ever right?
---
#25Rishah0078Posted 1/6/2013 2:59:17 PM
I don't like CoD personally because it's virtually the same (not entirely, but for the most part) and it's released every year. Those two things together bother me. Nothing says "milking a series" quite like that, but if other people want to buy it every year, that's their business. Plus, if I made the game and it sold like that, I would do the same thing. Who wouldn't? It's guaranteed money.
#26ATTACK__CATPosted 1/6/2013 3:05:33 PM
If sales = quality then cigarettes are the best thing ever right?'

smoke...

9/10 people will get laid more.

you have to be pretty lame to not look awesome smoking.

http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2010/StathamSmoke.jpg
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225
#27mogar002Posted 1/6/2013 3:06:42 PM
This isn't the 70s, smoking won't get you laid. Now gluing diamonds to your car, that gets you laid.
---
#28Vexu192(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 3:06:59 PM
Rishah0078 posted...
I don't like CoD personally because it's virtually the same (not entirely, but for the most part) and it's released every year. Those two things together bother me. Nothing says "milking a series" quite like that, but if other people want to buy it every year, that's their business. Plus, if I made the game and it sold like that, I would do the same thing. Who wouldn't? It's guaranteed money.

No it's not.

This is what I'm talking about. There are plenty of differences that separate each game.
#29CammyApplePosted 1/6/2013 3:10:51 PM
Cranman1982 posted...
Its like madden/Guitar Hero ect. The same formula milked to death. Call of Duty shouldn't be a yearly installment. It got stale fast.

Its the lowest form of entertainment. The angry birds of consoles. >_>

Wouldn't Angry Birds be "The Angry Birds of consoles"?

Related to a different previous poster, Call of Duty is not why other games are not as good or why studios are going out of business. Consumers are to blame, not a different product. product.

It seems like RPG fans want to believe the reason we see less RPGs is some how related to Call of Duty. That if Call of Duty didn't exist all those people would suddenly want to buy RPGs.

That applies to folks who think Call of Duty is why we don't see more "innovative" games.

I'm willing to bet there are people out there who think the reason the "Tales of" games were not being localized was some how related to Call of Duty.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#30yohabrohaPosted 1/6/2013 3:13:26 PM
CammyApple posted...
Cranman1982 posted...
Its like madden/Guitar Hero ect. The same formula milked to death. Call of Duty shouldn't be a yearly installment. It got stale fast.

Its the lowest form of entertainment. The angry birds of consoles. >_>

Wouldn't Angry Birds be "The Angry Birds of consoles"?

Related to a different previous poster, Call of Duty is not why other games are not as good or why studios are going out of business. Consumers are to blame, not a different product. product.

It seems like RPG fans want to believe the reason we see less RPGs is some how related to Call of Duty. That if Call of Duty didn't exist all those people would suddenly want to buy RPGs.

That applies to folks who think Call of Duty is why we don't see more "innovative" games.

I'm willing to bet there are people out there who think the reason the "Tales of" games were not being localized was some how related to Call of Duty.

Great point, any trip to the ps3 board will confirm it
---
PS3/XBL/SteamID: WillHungIs1337.