This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is it about Call of Duty that makes Gamefaqs foam at the mouth?

#31ATTACK__CATPosted 1/6/2013 2:19:08 PM(edited)
^ +1. cammy.

mogar non smoker?

thought so. 'this isnt a bond film, girls arnt just interested in money'

.... ohwait.

money and smoker ofc.

thats why every man smoking a pipe looks smug. getting it.
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225
#32Vexu192(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 2:19:10 PM
CammyApple posted...
Cranman1982 posted...
Its like madden/Guitar Hero ect. The same formula milked to death. Call of Duty shouldn't be a yearly installment. It got stale fast.

Its the lowest form of entertainment. The angry birds of consoles. >_>

Wouldn't Angry Birds be "The Angry Birds of consoles"?

Related to a different previous poster, Call of Duty is not why other games are not as good or why studios are going out of business. Consumers are to blame, not a different product. product.

It seems like RPG fans want to believe the reason we see less RPGs is some how related to Call of Duty. That if Call of Duty didn't exist all those people would suddenly want to buy RPGs.

That applies to folks who think Call of Duty is why we don't see more "innovative" games.

I'm willing to bet there are people out there who think the reason the "Tales of" games were not being localized was some how related to Call of Duty.

I love you. This is exactly the point I try to get across to people. Call of Duty is not to blame for anything.
#33Vegeta1000Posted 1/6/2013 2:26:18 PM
Same game every year.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#34Rishah0078Posted 1/6/2013 2:26:29 PM
Vexu192 posted...
Rishah0078 posted...
I don't like CoD personally because it's virtually the same (not entirely, but for the most part) and it's released every year. Those two things together bother me. Nothing says "milking a series" quite like that, but if other people want to buy it every year, that's their business. Plus, if I made the game and it sold like that, I would do the same thing. Who wouldn't? It's guaranteed money.

No it's not.

This is what I'm talking about. There are plenty of differences that separate each game.

There are differences, yes, but the game mechanics and principles remain primarily the same. The controls do not change, the objectives do not change, the gameplay, in essence, changes very little.
#35CammyApplePosted 1/6/2013 2:27:33 PM
Rishah0078 posted...
Vexu192 posted...
Rishah0078 posted...
I don't like CoD personally because it's virtually the same (not entirely, but for the most part) and it's released every year. Those two things together bother me. Nothing says "milking a series" quite like that, but if other people want to buy it every year, that's their business. Plus, if I made the game and it sold like that, I would do the same thing. Who wouldn't? It's guaranteed money.

No it's not.

This is what I'm talking about. There are plenty of differences that separate each game.

There are differences, yes, but the game mechanics and principles remain primarily the same. The controls do not change, the objectives do not change, the gameplay, in essence, changes very little.

Which describes nearly every genre.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#36knuxnolePosted 1/6/2013 2:31:24 PM
ATTACK__CAT posted...
If sales = quality then cigarettes are the best thing ever right?'

smoke...

9/10 people will get laid more.

you have to be pretty lame to not look awesome smoking.

http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2010/StathamSmoke.jpg

Only 13 year old boys think like this.

Smokers are smelly and deadbeat.
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#37Cvd1Posted 1/6/2013 2:34:00 PM
Dark Souls is better than COD because it is hardcore and hardcore makes it better
---
I have a high art: I hurt with cruelty those who wound me.
#38CammyApplePosted 1/6/2013 2:36:05 PM
Cvd1 posted...
Dark Souls is better than COD because it is hardcore and hardcore makes it better

Go slow. Shield up. Roll roll roll. Preset enemy locations. And so on and so forth. But nice contribution to the topic at hand.

Demon's Souls was better than Dark. Kings Field was better than Demon's Souls.
---
#39PoorCountryPosted 1/6/2013 2:36:33 PM
People have said a bazillion times why they don't like Call of Duty. You can tell how devoid of passion the game is while you play it -- they didn't make anything new. They're made to rip everybody off, and the fact that it's working is morally offensive and a nuisance to people with creative integrity.
#40CammyApplePosted 1/6/2013 2:38:07 PM
PoorCountry posted...
People have said a bazillion times why they don't like Call of Duty. You can tell how devoid of passion the game is while you play it -- they didn't make anything new. They're made to rip everybody off, and the fact that it's working is morally offensive and a nuisance to people with creative integrity.

Things don't have to be "creative" to be "good".
---