This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is it about Call of Duty that makes Gamefaqs foam at the mouth?

#61CammyApplePosted 1/6/2013 5:01:44 PM
Rishah0078 posted...
CammyApple posted...
Rishah0078 posted...

The map design doesn't really change how you play the game. Any strategy you're using has been used in some manner on an older map.
Score streak isn't that different. You can get streaks through assists and objectives. That shouldn't really change anything you do.
"All Perks" is legit.
Game modes are essentially the same as they have been. What game mode is drastically different? Answer: none.
Vehicles were done before, but they weren't around last time, so I guess it's nice that it's not identical.
Perks have not changed as significantly as people say in this argument. Changed? Yes, but not that much.
Guns and attachments? No. You still have the same basic thing. Nothing about the guns is really new. They're new guns, but they change nothing about the game.
What new equipment is in this game? I ask because I didn't play the game a ton and honestly don't know. I only played it for a few hours.
I used party chat in Blops 1. Is it different somehow?
Lock on launchers like lock onto vehicles? If so, that's been around. If not, then what?

Maybe this game is different, but in the past, they didn't change a whole lot. It doesn't look like they changed a whole lot this time. They brought back vehicles which I'm not crazy about, but whatever. Score streak I guess. It doesn't actually change a ton, but some. All perks is new. Maybe the equipment is the thing I'm missing that makes all the difference, but it really looks like you're just pointing out a series of minor differences.

My examples were over the course of the series as a whole. MW1 did not have lock on launchers.

In MW2 you couldn't be in party chat.
MW2 added the tac insert. WaW added the betties. Black ops added the motion sensor. MW3 added the trophy system. BO2 added Black hat and shock charges.
Game modes. WaW had War. MW3 added Kill Confirmed. BO1 had gun games. BO2 has multi team and hardpoint.
Score streaks mean you get your streaks from everything. In previous games collecting a tag didn't help you earn a streak.

These minor differences change the way the game is played drastically.

Okay, the game has changed significantly since the beginning, but I don't see much in terms of an individual games that really changed the franchise.

The change from CoD3 to CoD4MW is the big one.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#62CammyApplePosted 1/6/2013 5:02:37 PM
PoorCountry posted...
Well, CammyApple, you are quite a wimp.

I suppose that depends on how you define "wimp".
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#63Rishah0078Posted 1/6/2013 5:06:39 PM
CammyApple posted...
Rishah0078 posted...
CammyApple posted...
Rishah0078 posted...

The map design doesn't really change how you play the game. Any strategy you're using has been used in some manner on an older map.
Score streak isn't that different. You can get streaks through assists and objectives. That shouldn't really change anything you do.
"All Perks" is legit.
Game modes are essentially the same as they have been. What game mode is drastically different? Answer: none.
Vehicles were done before, but they weren't around last time, so I guess it's nice that it's not identical.
Perks have not changed as significantly as people say in this argument. Changed? Yes, but not that much.
Guns and attachments? No. You still have the same basic thing. Nothing about the guns is really new. They're new guns, but they change nothing about the game.
What new equipment is in this game? I ask because I didn't play the game a ton and honestly don't know. I only played it for a few hours.
I used party chat in Blops 1. Is it different somehow?
Lock on launchers like lock onto vehicles? If so, that's been around. If not, then what?

Maybe this game is different, but in the past, they didn't change a whole lot. It doesn't look like they changed a whole lot this time. They brought back vehicles which I'm not crazy about, but whatever. Score streak I guess. It doesn't actually change a ton, but some. All perks is new. Maybe the equipment is the thing I'm missing that makes all the difference, but it really looks like you're just pointing out a series of minor differences.

My examples were over the course of the series as a whole. MW1 did not have lock on launchers.

In MW2 you couldn't be in party chat.
MW2 added the tac insert. WaW added the betties. Black ops added the motion sensor. MW3 added the trophy system. BO2 added Black hat and shock charges.
Game modes. WaW had War. MW3 added Kill Confirmed. BO1 had gun games. BO2 has multi team and hardpoint.
Score streaks mean you get your streaks from everything. In previous games collecting a tag didn't help you earn a streak.

These minor differences change the way the game is played drastically.

Okay, the game has changed significantly since the beginning, but I don't see much in terms of an individual games that really changed the franchise.

The change from CoD3 to CoD4MW is the big one.

Then their has been one game with a significant change? Okay.
#64Rishah0078Posted 1/6/2013 5:13:29 PM
CammyApple posted...
PoorCountry posted...

Yeah, I don't really get that one either.
#65DrunkBeardGuyPosted 1/6/2013 5:24:42 PM
The fact that it's fun, and people on Gfaqs don't like fun. CoD players are playing their game, while everyone on the internet is pissing and moaning about how it's ruining the industry. Meanwhile they're anticipating another terrible JRPG or something boring like Journey.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SrPYm.png http://i.imgur.com/sx14k.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0llSw.jpg http://i.imgur.com/4yavH.gif
#66PoorCountryPosted 1/6/2013 5:35:45 PM
Rishah0078 posted...
CammyApple posted...
PoorCountry posted...

Was goading him back into the argument he was avoiding, which I suspect he was doing because it is harder to rebut "those aren't mechanical changes; just new features" than it is, "those changes aren't big".
#67flame030191Posted 1/6/2013 5:38:52 PM
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
The fact that it's fun, and people on Gfaqs don't like fun. CoD players are playing their game, while everyone on the internet is pissing and moaning about how it's ruining the industry. Meanwhile they're anticipating another terrible JRPG or something boring like Journey.

Not to mention games that flourish on not having anything to offer but challenge like the Souls games (little to no story, just a frustrating experience masked as a rewarding challenge)
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#68jrr18Posted 1/6/2013 5:40:30 PM(edited)
Its because its popular.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#69BokuxPicoPosted 1/6/2013 5:42:18 PM
DrunkBeardGuy posted...

Fun is a buzzword. Super man 64 is fun. Call of Duty players only dislike Super man 64 because they dislike fun.
#70Rishah0078Posted 1/6/2013 5:42:44 PM
PoorCountry posted...
Rishah0078 posted...
CammyApple posted...
PoorCountry posted...

Was goading him back into the argument he was avoiding, which I suspect he was doing because it is harder to rebut "those aren't mechanical changes; just new features" than it is, "those changes aren't big".

Ah, I see. I missed your first post. Carry on.