This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Physical copy or digital? Which do you prefer?

#141Zombie-FossyPosted 1/6/2013 1:45:59 PM
I prefer a physical copy over digital, that doesn't mean I won't buy a digital copy of a game.
#142zero_lost04Posted 1/6/2013 1:48:14 PM
Physical, while you don't technically own the game either way, having a physical copy does leave you with more rights and options than a digital copy. At least with a physical copy, the seller can't just decide to take back the content or refuse me access to the content on the physical form, though DRM seems to be trying to change that. The law just hasn't developed quick enough to match up with the speed with which technology is developing and while actions like Bruce Willis is considering taking against iTunes would go a long way to help making the digital content a bit better. Ultimately though, I can think of worse people to trust my game collection to than valve and I'm not going to let that stop me from purchasing and enjoying a game if the best way to get it is through digital downloads of course.
---
Dekar: Warrior's have no need for women. My love is my sword!
Guy: If you ask me, you should stay away from thoughts like that.
#143kloud 11Posted 1/6/2013 1:48:49 PM(edited)
I prefer Digital

Usually cheaper (on pc)
No tacky game boxes cluttering up my home
Instant library at my hand
Don't have to go to store or wait fro it to be shipped
#144Alyzabeth1990Posted 1/6/2013 1:49:08 PM
matt091282 posted...
I remember reading an article in GameInformer, I believe, that in the future, it might be only digital. That seems to be the way of the future and I must say that kind of scares me.

That's great and all but some people like me have two options: dial-up or a low monthly data cap.
#145DarkPhoenix424Posted 1/6/2013 2:04:56 PM
Physical always. It's never a question of which one i prefer

---
In Omnia Paratus... In All Things Prepared
360/PSN: ParadiseRegaind
#146mmpepsiPosted 1/6/2013 2:08:02 PM
Console physical.

Handheld always digital.
#147shadowdemon427Posted 1/6/2013 2:10:24 PM
I almost exclusively buy physical copies for my consoles, but if there's something super cool going on Xbox Live/PSN, I'll be sure to grab it.
However, I'm the opposite with my PC, I'll buy most of my stuff from Steam and maybe if I see something different at EB Games or Gametraders, I'll happily buy that and be on my way
---
I used to be a Vault Dweller like you, until my dad left the vault and I had this sudden urge to travel all over the Capital Wasteland to find him.
#148NairodmaticPosted 1/6/2013 2:12:13 PM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Gam3r777 posted...
Physical. You don't really own a digital copy, you're just paying to use it.

That's where you are wrong.
Either way, physical or digital, you are paying for a license to use the game.

I rarely, if ever play online. I don't have any digital games. How could, say, Capcom revoke my license for playing DMC4?

ITT: I prefer physical. What's the point if the digital copy isn't cheaper?
---
Maybe video games should cost less than 20 million and take less than 3 years to make. Because $60 a pop is some b*******!
#149ArkonBladePosted 1/6/2013 2:22:57 PM
slymshady posted...
Physical always. It's never a question of which one i prefer

---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#150CronoGuyverPosted 1/6/2013 2:27:43 PM
Physical only, if they release digital only in US, I first make sure that there is no physical (English) copy released in other regions like Europe, Asia, or Japan then I get it from that region, if there is no physical copy then I simply ignore the game as if it never existed. I will never buy digital releases.
---
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.