This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Physical copy or digital? Which do you prefer?

#171SythisTaruPosted 1/6/2013 5:45:27 PM
Digital always.
#172Crimson681Posted 1/6/2013 5:49:57 PM
Physical only. The way I look at it is if I gotta download the game, then I may as well pirate it.
#173Godly_GoofPosted 1/6/2013 5:52:37 PM
CathickleSquall posted...
Digital. Physical copies can get ruined.

Except data corrupts and if your system fails time to get it over again. And discs only get ruined if you treat them like s*** I still have NES, SNES, etc up to and including PS3 games that I've played a lot and have never had a problem with any of them because I know that games either belong in the game case or system and no where else your discs get wrecked its your fault 99% of the time :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#174SayoriaPosted 1/6/2013 5:58:41 PM
Gam3r777 posted...
Physical. You don't really own a digital copy, you're just paying to use it.

---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#175lostkiwiPosted 1/6/2013 6:00:18 PM
badboy posted...
The one that is cheaper. If it's the same price, physical.

Pretty much this, except if the price is the same then I'm more likely to go Digital.

I have boxes full of old PS3 games I'll never play again. Last year I threw out around 150 PC game boxes (and disks) for games I had picked up outside of Steam and have finished.

Digital's just easier, and I've got so many games in my backlog it's unlikely I'll even have time to play a game I've finished. And even if I do, it will still be in my downloads list.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#176diablogamerPosted 1/6/2013 6:02:20 PM
Why would I wanna pay for something and still not own it ? Physical copy all the way what kinda dumbass would prefer a digital copy that they can have taken away at any time.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#177Godly_GoofPosted 1/6/2013 6:07:11 PM
lostkiwi posted...
badboy posted...
The one that is cheaper. If it's the same price, physical.

Pretty much this, except if the price is the same then I'm more likely to go Digital.

I have boxes full of old PS3 games I'll never play again. Last year I threw out around 150 PC game boxes (and disks) for games I had picked up outside of Steam and have finished.

Digital's just easier, and I've got so many games in my backlog it's unlikely I'll even have time to play a game I've finished. And even if I do, it will still be in my downloads list.

Depending on the games you really should have tried selling them rather than just throwing them out :/ or donate them to someone for crap sake. And if you have old games you don't play then trade them in for new stuff >.>
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#178PhoenixPrincePosted 1/6/2013 6:10:50 PM
Physical.

1. I'm a collector.
2. Look at it this way. I have some old N64 games. The Nintendo 64 has been gone a long time ago. Now, say back during those days DD was an option. By now the servers would've shut down. Meaning, anyone who kept their N64 was perfectly fine and golden. But say you owned one, had 10 DD games on it, had to get rid of it. Now you rebuy one, but oh, the servers are gone. So too are those ten games.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
#179Dark_Assassain3Posted 1/6/2013 6:15:18 PM
Physical
1) If online services are ever down, i get my games and play them no problem
2) I like to see my game collection
3) A bit more personal experience but digital games glitch and freeze on me more often than the physical copies.
#180RagnawindPosted 1/6/2013 6:16:18 PM
physical, but digital when it is the only option available, such as ONE PS3 game I wanted that never got a physical copy in North America, at least.