This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Physical copy or digital? Which do you prefer?

#211wstfldPosted 1/6/2013 7:56:37 PM
Digital. I have a hatred for clutter and games spend 99.99999999% of their existence just taking up space. All my books and albums are gone, the console games need to get the memo.
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Assassin's Creed 3, FIFA 13, FTL
#212somebody336Posted 1/6/2013 8:11:59 PM
If it's the same price I always go for digital.
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
#213d3m0nz89Posted 1/6/2013 8:27:22 PM
always physical... something you can own and touch.. can even lend to friends..
#214Mr_FeeshPosted 1/6/2013 8:33:20 PM
If it's a PC game, all you're really buying is the CD key in your physical copy. Hell, some games make you install a huge patch before you can even play from a brand new disc.
#215SetzeraPosted 1/9/2013 8:20:37 PM
Currently I prefer physical copies, so I can enjoy them long after the PSN network for PS3 comes to an end. Also being able to trade-in is a good feature in case I make a bad choice in purchase (which is rare, but still can happen).

If PS4 were to become digital only, it wouldn't bother me if:

-It was that way from the beginning because I prefer to be organised. So if all my games were all digital or all physical, either one is fine but I don't seem happy with a mix.

-The policies were changed so we actually owned what we were paying for, or were given an exceptional time period, such as 10 years of guaranteed access after time of purchase.

-They had some sort of electronic "trade-in" feature, where you could trade / sell the license to other users to get credits for other games.

-We can still download it on multiple systems (though I don't typically need to, I was thankful when my old PS3 died and I got everything back on my new one)
#216laszlo_olzsalPosted 1/11/2013 3:17:28 AM
wstfld posted...
Digital. I have a hatred for clutter and games spend 99.99999999% of their existence just taking up space. All my books and albums are gone, the console games need to get the memo.

I think people who have a "hatred for clutter & physical media" have basically the same mental issues as the hoarders they despise.

I also consider people who sold off all of their games, CDs, books etc. as a lost generation with no soul. Why not just emulate on your phone & PC and don't even bother with console gaming? Better yet, don't bother going on a forum where there are probably more collectors than elitist "no media" hipsters.

*whew* i had to get that off my chest. I'll laugh when the "cloud" crashes and all your useless digital media is gone forever ...because it was never really there to begin with. Maybe you missed that memo.
#217Dorfmann_Posted 1/11/2013 6:10:42 AM
Digital
---
PSN - Dorfmann