This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Physical copy or digital? Which do you prefer?

#31dankanefanPosted 1/6/2013 7:07:32 AM
Physical and I will never change my mind.
---
www.saccitygamer.wordpress.com (My Gaming Blog)
@SacCityGamer ~ www.facebook.com/SacCityGamer
#32CrepitantPosted 1/6/2013 7:10:03 AM
Digital, IF it works well.

Currently storage space and download speeds are something of an issue for me. My experience with some smaller PSN titles has been really good so far though. And it beats having a huge collection of games on my shelf.

On the other hand, physical copies have the advantage of being sold once you're done with them.. Either way it really doesn't matter too much.
#33jammiesPosted 1/6/2013 7:16:02 AM
Really doesn't matter to me. Either is fine as long as I get to play the game.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#34Killah PriestPosted 1/6/2013 7:16:12 AM
depends on how much said game costs.

> 20 I want that physical and I want a collectors edition
< 20 I might consider a digital version
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#35Godly_GoofPosted 1/6/2013 7:18:44 AM
Physical. Why?
I can return it if I don't like it.
I can trade it in if it doesn't have staying power with me to get another new game
I can lend it out to other people that want to try it
I dont have to spend 4 hours waiting for it to download
I don't have to worry about it somehow corrupting and having to DL it all over again >.>
I don't have to worry about it taking up a s*** load of space on my HDD
I can physically hold the game (big deal breaker)
I don't have to worry if my system fails about losing it
I actually get preorder bonus' for free rather than having to pay for it later on PSN for an outrageous markup.
Both cost pretty much the exact same.
It supports businesses
Etc.

Digital DL is a stupid waste of time IMO :/ It's only practical use is for getting previous gen games that are no longer backwards compatible.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#36captainjeff87Posted 1/6/2013 7:20:32 AM
Physical if it's a game I've been looking forward to for a long time ie GTA V or if the DL size is ridiculously huge.

Digital if it's a game that's been out a while, is about the same price buying a retail version and the download size is manageable.
---
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)
#37Dave4202Posted 1/6/2013 8:20:59 AM
I definitely prefer digital. Since PS3's launch I've bought 3 of them and they all met the same fate, stopped reading discs. But all 3 of them will still play digital games. Even if I lose all my digital games some day, it's still better then having a stack of games and no system to play them on.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=KingGuy420&platform=ps3
#38matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 8:22:48 AM
Dave4202 posted...
I definitely prefer digital. Since PS3's launch I've bought 3 of them and they all met the same fate, stopped reading discs. But all 3 of them will still play digital games. Even if I lose all my digital games some day, it's still better then having a stack of games and no system to play them on.

Other users have told me on here they like digital also for that reason. Basically, to save wear and tear on the reading lense.
#39brolynickPosted 1/6/2013 8:25:36 AM
Physical on consoles, digital on PC.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#40Dave4202Posted 1/6/2013 8:26:46 AM
Plus if you have 2 systems it's like getting 2 copies of the game for the same price, I lent a buddy of mine one of my extra systems to play digital games so now anytime we want something new we just split on it, it was nice getting Far Cry 3 and Dishonored day 1 for 30$ a piece.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=KingGuy420&platform=ps3