This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Physical copy or digital? Which do you prefer?

#41L0ZPosted 1/6/2013 8:27:08 AM
games? physical
books and movies? digital. I can always strip the DRM off the ebooks/movies i buy
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#42PururutPosted 1/6/2013 8:28:02 AM
Physical. I will only get digital if I can't find a physical copy in stores.
#43RomanBlade00Posted 1/6/2013 9:04:13 AM
Let's get physical, physical. My answer is physical.
---
PSN: RomanBlade86
#44archizzyPosted 1/6/2013 9:07:38 AM
I prefer physical for various reasons.

However if the day ever comes where it is truly digital only I will simply adapt.

Not throw a tantrum and claim to quit gaming or only play "backlogs" the rest of my life like so many people are always going on about.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#45SoaringDivePosted 1/6/2013 9:11:44 AM
Considering the fact that music and movies are still physical, gaming isn't going to become purely digital any time soon. Don't get your jimmies rustled.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#46AnonUnknownPosted 1/6/2013 9:13:00 AM
Physical if the digital copy is overpriced, or it just doesn't exist. But i'm planning to do the opposite with Demon's Souls.
---
PSN ID: Lance_87 (if you already added me in the past, do it again, i've lost all contacts for unknown reasons)
#47Godly_GoofPosted 1/6/2013 9:14:35 AM
archizzy posted...
I prefer physical for various reasons.

However if the day ever comes where it is truly digital only I will simply adapt.

Not throw a tantrum and claim to quit gaming or only play "backlogs" the rest of my life like so many people are always going on about.

When all games go digital, the server loads start crashing the host servers for them, the games will stay just as expensive even though it costs no where near as much as the physical copy does to make, you start having glitchy DLs that corrupt the game and it doesnt tell you till it's done and forces you to delete and redownload again, realize that you no longer are getting free pre-order bonus' and now have to pay for stuff that was or should be free inclusions, cant return a game if you dont like it, cant lend it to your friends to try, and the innevitable oops HDD died get them all again and waste a crap load of time doing it happens then we'll see how quick your tune changes on this "adapt business". Especially if your in Canada and have bandwidth restrictions that are useless >.>
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#48WarhawkPosted 1/6/2013 9:15:11 AM
I dont have to spend 4 hours waiting for it to download

That depends on the size of the game and your internet speed. Though I never waited that long for a digital download of any game whether if it's a older game or if it was a PS3 related game. All of the downloads I done was complete within a hour or less, pretty much less time it'd take for me to go to a Walmart, get the game and head home.

True that. Though some it may take longer to adapt than others.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man Legends
#49KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/6/2013 9:15:47 AM
Physical, but after hating digital I starting to come round to the idea. We'll have to, that's where it's heading.
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#50Stanger5150Posted 1/6/2013 9:19:21 AM
Physical, but I won't dismiss the option for digital, and I have used that option before to offset some of my disc drive wear and tear. At the end of the day, I just want to play some games and have a good time.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD