This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Saw parents buying Far Cry 3 for their kids in Gamestop the other day

#11arstosPosted 1/6/2013 4:39:31 PM
yeah,I stopped by gamestop the day after Christmas and there were a ton of kids picking up copys of black ops 2or other m rated games. smh, like you said, teens would be one thing but most of them looked to be 7-12
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII
#12TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 4:40:43 PM
Far Cry 3 isn;t GTA. GTA is a lot of stupid mindless cartoon violence. Far Cry 3 has some scenes that aren't suitable for children at all. Not talking about the "LOL TEH BEWBS" or "LOL SKINNED A TIGER" type stuff either.

Talking about more the rape and hardcore violence.
#13babiesinoupPosted 1/6/2013 4:40:48 PM
"I played Doom and Postal 2 when I was 10, and I'm not a serial killer. I don't see the problem lol"
#14elusivePosted 1/6/2013 4:42:04 PM
Pereb27 posted...
http://i.imgur.com/JICOP.jpg

Awww s/he is enthralled, thats what i call a nooborn.
---
Feel'n splendiful... "This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me." DA F************* ???
#15ace_two_maxPosted 1/6/2013 4:44:19 PM
elusive posted...
Pereb27 posted...
http://i.imgur.com/JICOP.jpg

Awww s/he is enthralled, thats what i call a nooborn.

That baby.. will be a good FPS player *wipes tear* Most likely be better than me.
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#16TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 4:46:29 PM
It's obvious a lot of people in this topic going "LOL I PLAYED DOOM AND MORTAL KOMBAT AS A KID AND I TURNED OUT ALL RIGHT"

This topic isn't about games turning kids into serial killers It's about that an eight year old probably doesn't need to play a game that has intense drug use, hardcore brutal violence, rapes and molestations, and other scenes that can be pretty disturbing to even some adults. Things like being buried alive in a mass grave and trying to climb and crawl your way through dead bodies.
#17BurgerTime79Posted 1/6/2013 4:47:45 PM
Gam3r777 posted...
*Hands TC a flame shield*

*Grabs flame shield. Chucks it into orbit*
It isn't required. The TC is 100% correct.

PangLa posted...
I played GTA 3 when I was about 10 with my 6 years old cousin, problem? As far as we know we didn't grow up as serial killers. Seriously, unless you waited until you were 17 to play your first rated M game, you shouldn't talk.

That's YOU, not everyone else. You're also missing the entire point.

Some parents just don't give a ****. Some kids really shouldn't be around violent video games. A big part of the problem is that too many people in the media treat video games as a children's toy. They also think that since there are video game like programs for the military and flight schools, that what a kid does in a game is teaching them for the real world. As if pressing a button to make a gun shoot a person is the same thing as holding a real gun and taking an actual life.
I'd love to see some sort of regulation with allowing stores that sell M rated games to restrict or deny a purchase to someone under the age of 13 if the employee sees any issues with the kid. If I watched a kid mouthing off to his parents and throwing a fit, I'm not selling them a mature game. Hell, if a parent was told what the game contains, and they basically say they don't care, that could be another non sale.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#18Wario_manPosted 1/6/2013 4:50:05 PM
Some kids get molested/raped and they turn out 'fine' too. I guess we should lessen the restriction on doing that as well?
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#19Tidus41390Posted 1/6/2013 4:52:10 PM
Wario_man posted...
Some kids get molested/raped and they turn out 'fine' too. I guess we should lessen the restriction on doing that as well?

That's some high level wit right there. How long did it take you to come up with that twisted logic? Maybe you're the one who needs to be removed from the presence of violent movies/music/video games.
---
CPU: i5 2500k 3.4GHz, GPU: Radeon HD 7970, SSD: Crucial M4 512GB, HDD: WDCB 7200RPM 500GB, RAM: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, PSU: Seasonic X750W
#20Wario_manPosted 1/6/2013 4:56:04 PM
Wario_man posted...

That's some high level wit right there. How long did it take you to come up with that twisted logic? Maybe you're the one who needs to be removed from the presence of violent movies/music/video games.

Not really, no. I think people are ****ed up and everytime I go to a news site, Facebook or even here I find more and more ways to find the world and the people in it ****ed up. I'm just saying that people's only response to this is "lol I'm fine and I did it" when it obviously doesn't work the same for everyone. Would they even know for sure if they were fine anyway?

Besides, the only games I've really been playing lately are Awesomenauts and League of Legends. Played a bit of Dishonored and finished inFamous. Killed as little people on inFamous as I could and restarted the save file each time I found out I had accidentally taken someone out. Damn rats..
---
If they won't sell it to you, it isn't piracy.