This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Saw parents buying Far Cry 3 for their kids in Gamestop the other day

#21Tidus41390Posted 1/6/2013 3:59:49 PM
Wario_man posted...
Wario_man posted...
Some kids get molested/raped and they turn out 'fine' too. I guess we should lessen the restriction on doing that as well?

That's some high level wit right there. How long did it take you to come up with that twisted logic? Maybe you're the one who needs to be removed from the presence of violent movies/music/video games.

Not really, no. I think people are ****ed up and everytime I go to a news site, Facebook or even here I find more and more ways to find the world and the people in it ****ed up. I'm just saying that people's only response to this is "lol I'm fine and I did it" when it obviously doesn't work the same for everyone. Would they even know for sure if they were fine anyway?

Besides, the only games I've really been playing lately are Awesomenauts and League of Legends. Played a bit of Dishonored and finished inFamous. Killed as little people on inFamous as I could and restarted the save file each time I found out I had accidentally taken someone out. Damn rats..

Do you know how many people there are in the world? What you see on the news and on Facebook is a pretty insignificant group of people committing these crimes.

Have you seen the sales on games like Call of Duty? The number of people committing crimes is still smaller than the sales of that one series alone. It's pretty safe to say that unless you have a broken mind to begin with, games aren't going to do any damage.
---
CPU: i5 2500k 3.4GHz, GPU: Radeon HD 7970, SSD: Crucial M4 512GB, HDD: WDCB 7200RPM 500GB, RAM: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, PSU: Seasonic X750W
#22LordOfLegaciesPosted 1/6/2013 4:04:40 PM
What an original, exciting, and thought provoking topic.

Pereb27 posted...
http://i.imgur.com/JICOP.jpg

Beautiful.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#23zyrax2301Posted 1/6/2013 4:08:03 PM
Worry about your own problems.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#24BurgerTime79Posted 1/6/2013 4:10:12 PM
Tidus41390 posted...
Wario_man posted...
Some kids get molested/raped and they turn out 'fine' too. I guess we should lessen the restriction on doing that as well?

That's some high level wit right there. How long did it take you to come up with that twisted logic? Maybe you're the one who needs to be removed from the presence of violent movies/music/video games.

Take what you said, and put it on the people who go "I played violent video games, and I turned out fine. There's no problem.".
The point, is that even if you've been in a situation and came through it, it doesn't mean everyone else will. It doesn't mean that if something comes out that needs to be address, your experience has no business being used as a green light to keep things going. Oh he's ok? Well then, every situation must be his, so let's continue as normal.
I've known plenty of people who have been molested/raped. At least 5, and one of them hasn't been the same since. She let the emotions stay inside of her for years, until it just made her nuts.

We, as a community, need to put our foot down on the rampant attacks on video games by the media. We need more parents to be informed on what they're buying their kids, and if they don't care, then their money isn't welcome. Every single time a violent act is in media, and there's a backlash against video games, it brings my blood to a boil. A lot of it being because we have no public voice that really matters. The people they sent onto news programs from the gaming industry get stepped over and attacked themselves, and the same arguments are thrown at them each time to shut them up.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#25ThatLaoGuyPosted 1/6/2013 4:10:47 PM
PangLa posted...
I played GTA 3 when I was about 10 with my 6 years old cousin, problem? As far as we know we didn't grow up as serial killers. Seriously, unless you waited until you were 17 to play your first rated M game, you shouldn't talk.

You're missing the point here, kiddo HAHAHAHA
---
Gamertag: That Lao Guy
#26AputiPosted 1/6/2013 4:11:28 PM
My mom bought me Doom 2/Conker/GTA III/etc all when I was young.

Most likely the kid won't get some of the drug reference and the whole human trafficking the game is based on.
---
Asking once only makes you want it more
#27BurgerTime79Posted 1/6/2013 4:25:06 PM
Aputi posted...
My mom bought me Doom 2/Conker/GTA III/etc all when I was young.

Most likely the kid won't get some of the drug reference and the whole human trafficking the game is based on.

And you're missing the point that as soon as something happens in the news, video games are blamed because the younger generation are being bought and are allowed to play violent video games. Doesn't matter how you turned out. Doesn't matter what you feel most kids will do. Look at what the news will just tell their audience. It's always the same thing. "The games are rated and and M rating means that it's for people 17 and older. They're not appropriate for kids.". Then what's the very next comment? "Kids are just going to get their hands on them anyways. Goodbye.". Then trash talking on games while the journalist has been cut off from the conversation.

I'd love the situation to be that the news has someone pro video games on after a tragedy, and they say "No one under the age of 13 is being sold these games. The parents are supposed to be regulating what's being bought, and they can be denied a sale if the kid is acting up. It's not the games, it's the parent buying them for the kid and not caring.".

We have products out there that have strict rules about how can buy them, and yet kids still get their hands on them. Kids are still able to get their hands on R rated movies as well. No one on the news flipped out that the children are in danger of the Saw movies.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#28Dillon360Posted 1/6/2013 4:26:01 PM
You think THAT'S bad?

My mom bought me Manhunt when I was 10 years old. When I was 10 years old, I convinced my mom to buy me the most violent video game ever made...

And look at me! I turned out just HAHAHAHA I'm sorry I just can't finish that sentence with a straight face... I'm an absolute mess...
---
I... MIGHT just explode, my... MIND'S in sick mode, and... I can't control my... HUNGER...
In my wicked soul, all kinds of **** grows, and I just expose my....
#29PhophenomenonPosted 1/6/2013 4:27:51 PM
Look how TC turned out, a troll of the PS3 GameFAQs board community.
---
You mirin' brah?
#30areeb319Posted 1/6/2013 5:04:25 PM
And why does it bother you TC?

I'm thinking you're 10 and you couldn't get the game....
---
The Last of Us, Crysis 3, GTA:V, Dead Space 3 and Bioshock Infinite!
PSN-Addi97319