This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why no love for the Resistance series?

#11kloud 11Posted 1/6/2013 7:05:28 PM
hockeybub89 posted...
If Resistance 1 or 3 included 2's co-op, we'd be talking about Resistance because that imaginary game would be GOTY. Sadly, each game seemed to be missing something. The first one was the closest to great status.

This so much

If you put the the 3 games together you get one of the greatest FPS ever, sadly that is not reality though

R1 had amazing MP for its time, R2 has teh best coop mode iv ever played in a FPS, R3 is prob the best FPS campaign this gen.

So much potential, such a shame
#12HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/6/2013 7:23:08 PM(edited)
Average series raised to heights greater than its stead because it was exclusive and a launch game.

Sony also slung it in the gutter to favor Killzone.

A significant design flaw was the "more = better" philosophy. Sony were keen to make dents in Halo and Xbox live. Surely having 60 players and 60 maps would be better than making incredibly addictive gameplay? Nope.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#13gamestop27Posted 1/6/2013 7:24:23 PM
Mediocre gameplay.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~XTrEaMkILlA227
#14lostkiwiPosted 1/6/2013 7:24:45 PM
Shy420 posted...
For me there was just nothing in the series that set it apart from others.

I'm a big fan, and for me it was the weapons that set itself apart. Insomniac have always been above par with their weapon design, Ratchet and Clank is another good example of that.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#15Wozman23Posted 1/6/2013 7:49:18 PM
An inconsistent vision killed the series.

Fall of Man was great. R2 stripped a lot of the features that made the original great (segmented health, weapon wheel, campaign co-op) and suffered for it. R3 came back strong, but was too little too late. It released in a busy period and couldn't recover from R2s disappointments, despite overwhelming praise from many.

I always laugh at the people who call Resistance mediocre and generic. Insomniac is in a league of their own when it comes to unique weaponry and allowing the player to experiment freely with your entire arsenal.
---
This signature will not change until I change it. 7/03/09
#16HOTJaVaLaVa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 4:23:07 PM
BUMP
---
"The eyes are the groin of the head."
-Dwight Schrute, from the TV show The Office
#17Tidus41390Posted 1/7/2013 4:25:30 PM
Wozman23 posted...

Fall of Man was great. R2 stripped a lot of the features that made the original great (segmented health, weapon wheel, campaign co-op) and suffered for it. R3 came back strong, but was too little too late. It released in a busy period and couldn't recover from R2s disappointments, despite overwhelming praise from many.

I always laugh at the people who call Resistance mediocre and generic. Insomniac is in a league of their own when it comes to unique weaponry and allowing the player to experiment freely with your entire arsenal.

Pretty much this exactly. I know I was seriously let down by R2
---
CPU: i5 2500k 3.4GHz, GPU: Radeon HD 7970, SSD: Crucial M4 512GB, HDD: WDCB 7200RPM 500GB, RAM: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, PSU: Seasonic X750W
#18TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/7/2013 4:30:06 PM
1. Great at the time, fun world crafted around it.
2. Lost its stride, tried to be something it wasn't.
3. The ending sucked, and they crammed the informative part into a half-baked after-thought during the credits.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#19ATTACK__CATPosted 1/7/2013 4:42:53 PM
i thought R2 was good. different but good.

also the MP was awesome.

MP >>> COD, Halo etc.

still loved 1... 3 was meh.
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225
#20Fear the MONKEYPosted 1/7/2013 4:49:17 PM
Wozman23 posted...

this. plus, R3 was rushed. evidenced by a 600 MB patch, i believe, day 1. or at least within the first week after launch.

R2 felt like they were making it call of duty/halo-ish. plus i didnt like the direction they took with the story. felt...inconsistent (i guess thats the right word to use). 2 kinda "retconned" the story. didnt like it. the way it ended seemed like it had a plethora of ways to go, and yet R3 takes place 5 years later or so with the invasion still taking place? ugh.

loved r1. tolerated r2. liked r3. sad to see it done. plus the guns were awesome.
---
psn id: FearTheMonkey