This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People that are against kids playing M rated games are hypocrites

#11Wario_manPosted 1/6/2013 9:52:00 PM
The most 'mature' game I played before I was 15 was Goldeneye..or Nightfire. We played both. The people didn't look real, there wasn't really any blood, nothing looked or seemed realistic and it was James Bond so it was just goofy.
Now they're making a point of trying to get it all to look as real as possible.
---
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.
#12zUkUuPosted 1/6/2013 9:54:59 PM
depends on game and depends on the kid's media literacy.
#13DarknessXSeekerPosted 1/6/2013 10:00:58 PM
I didn't play a mature game until I turned 16. Like I always say the rating is there for a reason, parents these days should pay more attention.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#14Seifer_usPosted 1/6/2013 10:09:27 PM(edited)
I'm against small, impressionable children playing games like that, but teenagers are mature enough to handle certain content. I would just make sure I know the content as well as they do if I were a parent so I could discuss it with them.

Also, I didn't play anything M-rated until I was 14, and that was limited to Metal Gear Solid, which my own mother watched me play and had no objections.

I didn't play GTA until I was 18, just by virtue of that being when GTAIII came out, and I just thought the game sucked. Generally speaking, most games that are rated Mature I often find to be uninteresting and bland.

Mainly I'm against anything that portrays realistic violence and murder in an overall positive light, be it games, movies, or otherwise.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#15gilv3rPosted 1/6/2013 10:02:41 PM
Its rated as such for a reason. You should not be allowed to play it until you are of age.
---
psn: ReddGrave
steam: redd_grave
#16BrutalBrockenPosted 1/6/2013 10:15:38 PM
It depends on what you mean by kids, you didnt put an age on the kids. When I was 11 my parents bought me Mortal Kombat, Night Trap, etc. which were games that basically made the ESRB. But theres a big difference between console Mature games in the 90's and now. The worst we had in the 90's were digital heads and spinal cords being ripped out.
Im not going to let my 8 year old play GTA4 and get a bj in the back of a car or anything in that area. They play CoD and fighting games with me and they understand its not real. But I just don't think kids under the age of 16 should even know anything about sex
---
XBOX- Brutal Brocken
PS3- BrutalBrocken
#17ShadianVisePosted 1/6/2013 10:17:31 PM
As a parent of a young child, I will not be letting him touch games I deem inappropriate for his maturity level. Even when he reaches the point of maturity to play certain games, there will be consequences if it starts to affect his behavior (such as the stereotypical screaming kids on online FPS games).

I actually consider myself to be pretty liberal about the content I think he should be allowed to see, and it's more about handling his behavior outside of gaming than what he's exposed to. I think that's a fair way to handle any gaming he might do.
---
http://www.youtube.com/ShadianVise
TLoZ: Oracle of Ages playthrough in progress.