This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sheldon said a PS3 is better then a mountain bike

#31killakPosted 1/7/2013 2:15:44 AM
Sheldon is also unable to go to town on his girlfriend, who is so desperate she'd probably let him go ass to mouth.

Until he acts like a man, he has no opinion
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/bwbc3ok
#32ThePuddingManPosted 1/7/2013 2:24:21 AM
I really don't understand how or why people find that show funny. For a show that's supposed to be about intelligent people it has really really dumb writing. It's generic and dumbed down comedy. Sorry.. harsh, but true. Take the lame dated laugh track out of that show and I doubt even people that think the show is funny would be able to say it still was. Show like that essentially have to tell people when to laugh.

Proof. A scene without the laugh track..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs

Now I'm sure somebody will chime in that it's filmed before a live audience but most of the laughter you hear on TV is still canned, and that goes for all sitcoms. They film these shots over and over.. people aren't busting up hysterically at the same thing they've seen 30 times during filming. They juice the laughter during virtually every laugh take to tell people at home something is supposed to be humorous.
#33Wario_manPosted 1/7/2013 2:24:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#34656stoogePosted 1/7/2013 2:24:40 AM
Wario_man posted...

Mad Men
Modern Family
The Middle
The Walking Dead
Downton Abbey
Breaking Bad
Sherlock
Boardwalk Empire
Misfits
Person of Interest
Is Curb Your Enthusiasm still going?

They still have plans for another season of Curb. And if you want more good shows you really ought to look into British TV. Peep Show is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen and there are plenty of other amazing ones.
I'm watching Wire in the Blood at the moment (a show about a serial killer profiler) and it's far better than most recent American cop shows.

...also, no Game of Thrones on that list?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#35Wario_manPosted 1/7/2013 2:26:31 AM
Wario_man posted...

Mad Men
Modern Family
The Middle
The Walking Dead
Downton Abbey
Breaking Bad
Sherlock
Boardwalk Empire
Misfits
Person of Interest

They still have plans for another season of Curb. And if you want more good shows you really ought to look into British TV. Peep Show is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen and there are plenty of other amazing ones.
I'm watching Wire in the Blood at the moment (a show about a serial killer profiler) and it's far better than most recent American cop shows.

...also, no Game of Thrones on that list?

British TV is what I watch by default most of the time. I only listed things currently airing.
I still haven't gotten around to Game of Thrones yet but it is certainly on my list.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#36ChaingunmasterPosted 1/7/2013 2:42:44 AM
ThePuddingMan posted...
I really don't understand how or why people find that show funny. For a show that's supposed to be about intelligent people it has really really dumb writing. It's generic and dumbed down comedy. Sorry.. harsh, but true. Take the lame dated laugh track out of that show and I doubt even people that think the show is funny would be able to say it still was. Show like that essentially have to tell people when to laugh.

Proof. A scene without the laugh track..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs

Now I'm sure somebody will chime in that it's filmed before a live audience but most of the laughter you hear on TV is still canned, and that goes for all sitcoms. They film these shots over and over.. people aren't busting up hysterically at the same thing they've seen 30 times during filming. They juice the laughter during virtually every laugh take to tell people at home something is supposed to be humorous.

It's still far, far funnier than Lorre's other work, Two and A Half Men.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#37RomangeloPosted 1/7/2013 2:46:09 AM
of course, we can ride a bike in PS3 but a mountain bike cannot play games.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#38SwaquPosted 1/7/2013 2:54:48 AM
Huh some of that no laugh track was funny, other then the awkward pauses where the laughter normally is most of it was okay, for a sitcom...
#39Lunatuna77Posted 1/7/2013 2:55:40 AM
Wario_man posted...
Mad Men
Modern Family
The Middle
The Walking Dead
Downton Abbey
Breaking Bad
Sherlock
Boardwalk Empire
Misfits
Person of Interest

There is a shameful lack of Community on that list.
---
No one ever suspects the cute ones...
#40CBratePosted 1/7/2013 2:56:06 AM
ironmaidenfan70 posted...
Sheldon is the most annoying tv personality I've ever seen

I'm a sheldon plus 1.

That's not much.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 179 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: stupid_newbie