This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The biggest mistake you made this gen?

#161TehTrumpCardPosted 1/7/2013 6:31:25 PM(edited)
SotC/Ico

Disgaea 4

Trying the Uncharted games

Mega Man 9

Resident Evil: Revelations

Thinking Code of Princess would have an active online

Giving away my Brawl/Mario Kart Wii

Not trying the Walking Dead the second Chapter 1 was released

Playing Mass Effect 2 without knowing the entire Trilogy was coming out a few months later.

PS3 Skyrim (not that I could've known it'd be this bad)
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#162pushoPosted 1/7/2013 6:40:42 PM
buying Diablo 3 and red dead redemption, never buying a game just for its name (D3) and never buying a game without proper reviews (RDD).
---
SoulSilver FC: 3395-5870-7789
Black FC: 0733-4647-7864
#163Xenesis XenonPosted 1/7/2013 6:41:47 PM
Doschx posted...
Buying Skyrim for PS3 instead of Xbox360.

You mean the PC, right.

Anyway, definitely Diablo 3.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#164MarioMan847Posted 1/7/2013 6:44:27 PM
Buying a 360.
---
Video games are awesome.
#165AzN_KiRbY890Posted 1/7/2013 6:49:13 PM
Getting Paper Mario 3DS
---
Plat FC : 3266-0981-0750
#166Jedthehead91Posted 1/7/2013 6:49:25 PM
Buying a fat PS3 not long after launch, the only game i had for nearly year that i played consistently was warhawk, good game but not worth the 450 odd i payed. After that it was MGS4 a 10 months later. Then another long draught after that. The PS3 was not a machine worth having until about 3 years after it launched.
---
I have a learning disability, it is hard for me to understand technical stuff without clear instructions. Please forgive spelling and punctuation mistakes. Ty.
#167mjc0961Posted 1/7/2013 6:49:52 PM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
PS Move. It's actually awesome when it's programmed well in the game, and it's a lot of fun, but so few games actually use it and the majority of them are just shooters.

It would have been a lot of fun in Okami HD, but the controls are just ****ed up while using it, and it's so jerky that you need the blessings of Jesus, Allah, Buddah and every other God out there to draw a damn thing.

And of course, instead of improving or innovating, they just slowly let it die and hope people forget about it.

This. Move is great in Killzone 3, No More Heroes (which I somehow missed on the Wii but hey it gave me another Move game to play so hurray for that), and the 5 or so levels they made for LittleBigPlanet 2. And then they haven't done s*** with it since. Thanks Sony. Say what you will about Microsoft and Kinect, but at least Microsoft supports Kinect with first party offerings and gets third parties to add Kinect functionality into their core games. Even if I'd rather gargle piss than use voice commands in Mass Effect 3, at least it's more than PS Move gets to do these days which is f*** all (aside from Sorcery last year which sucked a fat one).

Also of course the PS Move controls in Okami HD sucked, they copied the Wii version which had completely broken Wiimote controls. At least the PSN version includes DS support so you can actually play the damn game, but on Wii, you were f***ed. It was broken and you couldn't do anything except cuss the game out and throw it in the trash.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/mjc0961/worstgameever-1.jpg

Oh and Tumble was cool too.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#168ArkonBladePosted 1/7/2013 6:50:30 PM
Buying a Wii in the first 6 months it came out. outside of the first 2 or 3 months of me and my girlfriend at the time playing Wii Sports that thing did nothing in the time after that but just sit unused and collect dust. i should have gotten one in like a year from now when they are really cheap and all the games can be gotten for $5
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#169mjc0961Posted 1/7/2013 6:51:56 PM
iLikeMtnDew posted...
Buying Pokemon Battle Revolution. Biggest waste of $50 ever

This too.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#170Afrotastic_JPosted 1/7/2013 6:57:11 PM
Getting both vanilla Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Had a blast playing them, but I did spend 100 bucks on two pretty bare-bones games, so it was definitely a mistake buying both.
---
"I... am... KROGAN!" -- Urdnot Grunt