This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The biggest mistake you made this gen?

#81legendfirefoxPosted 1/7/2013 11:50:22 AM
buying a PSVITA at launch...best thing is to buy a 3DS XL at boxing day, i love it.
---
PSN - Legend-fox-86
#82Stygma69Posted 1/7/2013 11:50:56 AM
mmpepsi posted...
Stygma69 posted...
removing "other OS" feature from my release date 60gb PS3, esp. after all the BS ever since.
id be better off going off the grid and run it illegal.... hell, at the very least the console would be worth alot of money on Ebay!!

Blame the hackers.

LOL, sure the hackers are a factor in what happened AFTER. but not for $ony being greedy and too lazy to fix holes in security. if there is any truth in what ive read, at least one hacker was trying to WARN themof those holes, but they ignored it anyways.
you cant blame the hackers for everything.
---
PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii ??
**** 'em all!
#83DemonicChaosXXPosted 1/7/2013 11:59:17 AM
Reading this thread. God, I am so ashamed of myself.
---
It's a point and click adventure where the only action is "use gun" on "man". - vidgameking84
#84mmpepsiPosted 1/7/2013 12:02:00 PM
Stygma69 posted...
mmpepsi posted...
Stygma69 posted...
removing "other OS" feature from my release date 60gb PS3, esp. after all the BS ever since.
id be better off going off the grid and run it illegal.... hell, at the very least the console would be worth alot of money on Ebay!!

Blame the hackers.

LOL, sure the hackers are a factor in what happened AFTER. but not for $ony being greedy and too lazy to fix holes in security. if there is any truth in what ive read, at least one hacker was trying to WARN themof those holes, but they ignored it anyways.

I can blame them for other OS being removed. If they weren't trying to do illegal crap Sony wouldn't have taken it away.

Not that I care other os is gone anyway. It was nothing more than a novelty.
#85FullmetalChildPosted 1/7/2013 12:09:04 PM
Buying a 360. I hardly use it outside of Skyrim. I use my PS3 and WiiU for everything else.
---
Never pet a Castform on a summer day.
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story
#86DarkchocolateXPosted 1/7/2013 12:18:52 PM
Buying RE6 was a big mistake.

PS best games this gen so far IMO:

GTA 4 and MGS4

Best upcoming games:

GTA V, Metal Gear Rising, MGS Ground Zero's
---
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look
#87Stygma69Posted 1/7/2013 12:28:11 PM
mmpepsi posted...
Stygma69 posted...
mmpepsi posted...
Stygma69 posted...

Blame the hackers.

I can blame them for other OS being removed. If they weren't trying to do illegal crap Sony wouldn't have taken it away.

Not that I care other os is gone anyway. It was nothing more than a novelty.

thats an interesting perspective, but it doesnt match up with the timeline. and you really believe other OS was only a novelty?? really? when it can create a super secure server? when it can be used to link multiple PS3's to create a super-computer?

other OS was way more then a novelty, IMHO.
---
PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii ??
**** 'em all!
#88Dr_Jungy_BrogenPosted 1/7/2013 12:30:27 PM
Buying the XBOX 360.

I thought that the reliability and strength of the original Xbox would have carried over to the 360... I was wrong.

My launch unit RR'd after 4 months (30 days outside the warranty at the time) but did I learn? No! I bought another one.... same problem... at the time, Microsoft wasn't public about how poorly-built the machine was so I was shafted again.

Ironically, I had originally decided against the PS3 because of the PS2's terrible reliability (disc read error!!!) yet my ol' fatty still runs flawlessly several years later.... go figure.

The most important thing I learned this gen: never buy launch hardware!!
---
I'm a doctor too.
#89datalore2371Posted 1/7/2013 12:38:43 PM
Thinking that 'The Last Guardian' would ever be released
---
I go to seek a Great Perhaps
#90DutchAngel9Posted 1/7/2013 12:46:17 PM
Buying Duke Nukem Forever.